Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Same here! After all it is a heavy car and you can only adjust camber so much before it starts negatively impacting steering. Nobody will be able to save the outer if tracking the car.
Getting too much camber is kinda a trick on these cars. I have vorschlag plates and the max camber without enlarging the towers is ~-3deg (up to ~-4 if you enlarge shock tower hole). The 949 guys use CC plates with camber bolts to get -4+. But yeah, nothing will save the outside of the tires although I would like to use a little bit of that rubber.

Tow hooks...Trust me on this...Should have been OEM for a track car.
Solid advice here as well. I've been looking at the FP front hook and waiting to see what the Vorschlag rear hook looks like. I've seen others post about using the strut brace for tow if no hooks are available.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Getting too much camber is kinda a trick on these cars. I have vorschlag plates and the max camber without enlarging the towers is ~-3deg (up to ~-4 if you enlarge shock tower hole). The 949 guys use CC plates with camber bolts to get -4+. But yeah, nothing will save the outside of the tires although I would like to use a little bit of that rubber.

Solid advice here as well. I've been looking at the FP front hook and waiting to see what the Vorschlag rear hook looks like. I've seen others post about using the strut brace for tow if no hooks are available.
I went with both FP front and back. Design wise, they are the best hooks available on the market.

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I went with both FP front and back. Design wise, they are the best hooks available on the market.
Obviously this will require a bit more work than installing the ZL1 bits, and heavier. Heard good things about the FP hooks though.

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Not dying to lose my reverse light but yeah the FP design looks good. Vorschlag's rear hook design seems promising as well since you don't lose the reverse light or have to put a hole in the bodywork.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
... but I tracked the car numerous times. I just drop the pressure in the tires to 28 PSI as recommended, and it just screams around the track.... Do you REALLY need camber plates, I mean who cares if I'm 1 second slower, isn't it all about fun ?

If you race, different story, yes; you want that.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
... but I tracked the car numerous times. I just drop the pressure in the tires to 28 PSI as recommended, and it just screams around the track.... Do you REALLY need camber plates, I mean who cares if I'm 1 second slower, isn't it all about fun ?

If you race, different story, yes; you want that.
I got them to save the tires mainly (bolts not plates). I couldn't justify the plate cost.

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
Can anyone tell me if the BMR bushing kit is really much of a help on a car used on road courses and never drag raced? Also could I get a link for the tow hooks you guys are referring to? Thanks much.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Can anyone tell me if the BMR bushing kit is really much of a help on a car used on road courses and never drag raced? Also could I get a link for the tow hooks you guys are referring to? Thanks much.
The full lockout kit, not just the bushing kit for the cradle, is a big deal.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-...um&gclid=CIn2mcSg6NsC***wZQodYuwMzg&gclsrc=ds

The reason why is because as the subframe moves around, it moves the suspension mounting points as well. Locking down the subframe essentially lets the suspension do the job it was made to do. For all out performance, the suspension should be the thing articulating, not the subframe. And putting another piece into it, since the suspension mounting points aren't moving around, your rear sway bar isn't flopping around anymore either, effectively stiffening up every part of the rear suspension (most everyone shouldn't be touching the rear sway bar anyway unless they're THAT good of driver).

Sponsored

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Not dying to lose my reverse light but yeah the FP design looks good. Vorschlag's rear hook design seems promising as well since you don't lose the reverse light or have to put a hole in the bodywork.
Are these under development for the GT350? I looked under the car for a mounting point for them and didn't see anything promising.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Haven't seen this on Vorshlag's webpage. Do you have a link? Thx in advance.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Same here! After all it is a heavy car and you can only adjust camber so much before it starts negatively impacting steering. Nobody will be able to save the outer if tracking the car.
Harold, what do you mean by “negatively impacting steering?”

Why can’t you save the outer? Does the inner feel relieved if the outer is sacrificed?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I bought this light at Academy Sports, in the boating department.
Works great. Used 3M double stick tape to mount to the tow hook.
15BD54F5-F135-42C6-A28E-88AADD51F546.jpeg
0A9DA125-9240-4E50-89DE-B0C27F77645A.jpeg
Sponsored