Sponsored

From 15GT coupe to 17GT vert

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
Thanks everyone!

We've only had it for a short time, but my wife hit me up at dinner last night critiquing our exit from our subdivision about 30 minutes prior. She said that she wanted more roar from the exhaust when I get on it! I was floored! She recalled the Roush AB's that we had on the 15GT and she loved that sound. So, now she is lobbying for me to get AB's installed soon.

Can anyone who has the AB's installed on their vert comment on the noise level while cruising with the top down versus cruising with stock? I am thinking that maybe the Ford Racing X-pipe and the Roush AB's would be too much, so starting with AB's is probably best for now. Just curious of opinion from those folks that have them.
I just saw your post, but thought better late than never. I have the Roush AB, and don’t find it too loud. I don’t find it much different with the top up or down. Cruising at any speed provides more wind noise than exhaust noise. There is no drone at all. My gripe with this system is that I wish it were a bit deeper tone.
Sponsored

5PTOHYEAH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Shadow Black
I had a 2015 GT with Roush axle backs but was concerned they would be a bit too loud with my 2017 convertible. So I kept them on the 2015 and sold them with the car. Here is what I put on my 2017 convertible. I had installed Ford Performance by Borla Sport Axle backs (https://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-sport-axleback-chrome-2015gt.html) and like them a lot. They are not as loud as the Roush, but I knew that going into it. Good driving tone, a bit louder above stock (but not by much), when you hit the gas, they do sound semi-aggressive (but not as aggressive as the Roush), but I was OK with that. It's a happy medium for me. The bottom line will always be how will it sound to you or how do you think it will sound to you? You never really know until you put them on.