AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Steeda still has not released their 2018 or ff tune. With my ARH long tubes slated for delivery I need to figure out which way to go. Pretty sure I like SCT BDX over the NGUAGE just not sure which ff tune to go with Lund or AED. Both seem pretty close in price, performance and customer service.
Sponsored

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
I finally got the flex tune from Shaun at aed. It took a while because i had to find the source of false knock before he would even consider tuning it.

Shaun had me put race fuel in and do some datalogs, and it pretty much eliminated the knock on the logs, so it was probably bad gas. I also found out I had a bad flex pipe (on a 2016 gt pp 15000 miles )on the factory headers so I had an exhaust shop weld in a piece of solid pipe where the flex pipe was, which helped too.

Long story short, Shaun ended doing the flex tune a little over a week ago. I put some of our az e54 in and after the computer learned the fuel, my car is running smooth and pulling really strong. It feals like a different car, night and day difference, and i couldnt be happier.

I cant speak for lund but Shaun @ aed is extremely thorough and will answer any question, no matter how simple or silly it is. I would highly recommend going with aed any day.

Still plan on doing headers and im sometime down the road. Hopefully hit up the dyno sometime soon to see what gains on our az gas and the flex tune.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I finally got the flex tune from Shaun at aed. It took a while because i had to find the source of false knock before he would even consider tuning it.

Shaun had me put race fuel in and do some datalogs, and it pretty much eliminated the knock on the logs, so it was probably bad gas. I also found out I had a bad flex pipe (on a 2016 gt pp 15000 miles )on the factory headers so I had an exhaust shop weld in a piece of solid pipe where the flex pipe was, which helped too.

Long story short, Shaun ended doing the flex tune a little over a week ago. I put some of our az e54 in and after the computer learned the fuel, my car is running smooth and pulling really strong. It feals like a different car, night and day difference, and i couldnt be happier.

I cant speak for lund but Shaun @ aed is extremely thorough and will answer any question, no matter how simple or silly it is. I would highly recommend going with aed any day.

Still plan on doing headers and im sometime down the road. Hopefully hit up the dyno sometime soon to see what gains on our az gas and the flex tune.
Awesome feedback! Glad to hear your experience and that you are pleased. I have been talking to Shaun this week and he won't even consider doing the tune without data logging ahead of time. With the communication and the feedback I am hearing I am for sure going with AED. Will be picking up my BDX locally on Monday to start data logging. Headers should be delivered to the same shop later in the week. Looking forward to the change. Just wish e85 was more widely available in the valley.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very nice, with all that combined, your car should be running really strong. Yeah, it would be better if there were more stations around the valley that had e85. That's what I like about the flex tune though, can change it up if we want to. Let me know how it goes!

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Very nice, with all that combined, your car should be running really strong. Yeah, it would be better if there were more stations around the valley that had e85. That's what I like about the flex tune though, can change it up if we want to. Let me know how it goes!
How long did it take for the fuel learning? Any special process or just let it detect and wait?

Sponsored

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long did it take for the fuel learning? Any special process or just let it detect and wait?
I had to run the 91 down as low as possible (i got down to 0 miles till empty), then i comoletely filled up with e85. I then had to drive around for 30 minutes, consistantly between 2500 and 5000 rpms until it learned the fuel, which was basically when the air/fuel ratio was consistantly in the low 11s. Shaun will send you all the instructions plus links to his videos on YouTube saying what you need to do.

After 30 minutes of driving around the 202 and 60, it was fine and I was able to do a couple WOT pulls.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I had to run the 91 down as low as possible (i got down to 0 miles till empty), then i comoletely filled up with e85. I then had to drive around for 30 minutes, consistantly between 2500 and 5000 rpms until it learned the fuel, which was basically when the air/fuel ratio was consistantly in the low 11s. Shaun will send you all the instructions plus links to his videos on YouTube saying what you need to do.

After 30 minutes of driving around the 202 and 60, it was fine and I was able to do a couple WOT pulls.
Nice. Thanks for the break down. I'm curious how subsequent fills ups / fuel changes will be in terms of adjustment times.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He said if you keep the same octane, then no need to do what I mentioned. If you change the octane, then you have to do the minutes of driving at those consistent rpms so it can relearn the fuel.

Hopefully you don't have any false knock. That was the only hard part for me, tracking down the cause of my false knock. Darn az gas.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
He said if you keep the same octane, then no need to do what I mentioned. If you change the octane, then you have to do the minutes of driving at those consistent rpms so it can relearn the fuel.

Hopefully you don't have any false knock. That was the only hard part for me, tracking down the cause of my false knock. Darn az gas.
Oh really? Every time you change from e85 to 91 and back? I thought the ff once learned you were good to go with just a few minutes of learning each time. Or was that different maybe with the Lund ff tune. Did he advise how long you could run e safely without swapping out ?

If that is the case wouldn't it be more efficient to just flash between 2 separate tunes?

Last edited:

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh really? Every time you change from e85 to 91 and back? I thought the ff once learned you were good to go with just a few minutes of learning each time. Or was that different maybe with the Lund ff tune. Did he advise how long you could run e safely without swapping out ?

If that is the case wouldn't it be more efficient to just flash between 2 separate tunes?
From my understanding, yeah, every time I change octane levels. Also, I think I'm safe to always run it as long as it's not in storage. I'm wondering if there will be minor differences since you have an 18 and I have a 16.

Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
Picked up some injectors to make the switch myself, but thinking probably will wait for the weather to get cooler first, and maybe try to get on the dyno first ahead to try track change.

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Picked up some injectors to make the switch myself, but thinking probably will wait for the weather to get cooler first, and maybe try to get on the dyno first ahead to try track change.
Awesome. Though I feel like you'd benefit from it now with the temps. As weather cools 91 will start pulling hard regardless.
Which injectors did you end up going with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I just sent my initial datalogs over to Shaun. Hopefully all checks out as my long tubes are scheduled to arrive on Thurs and the shop already has me scheduled for the install Friday morning :headbang:

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Steeda is using the SCT BDX for the new tunes. That handheld looks nice. With lifetime tunes for $399. Pretty good deal. I also like the nguage for Lund. I'd probably go BDX for AED too if given the choice.
You may want to also talk to Rob at Palm Beach Dyno. They will be remote tuning my P1X Procharged 2018 PP GT Premium, A10, etc this week. Obviously not sure about the results as of yet, but they have been very good to work with thus far. I'm also in the Phoenix area.
IMG_20180623_144834444.jpg

OP
OP
AZ18yote

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
You may want to also talk to Rob at Palm Beach Dyno. They will be remote tuning my P1X Procharged 2018 PP GT Premium, A10, etc this week. Obviously not sure about the results as of yet, but they have been very good to work with thus far. I'm also in the Phoenix area.
Beautiful. I had considered PBD but it did not appear they did a ff tune just dedicated gas or e tunes?
Sponsored