Sponsored

2018 wear marks

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
After about one month i can see wear marks on the roof. Does other people noticed the same thingd.
I have a 2016 before so i know how to keep it clean and it s not dust. Look at the white marks

picture.jpg
Sponsored

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I have something very similar on my 2017 GT. Water does not seem to remove them either. I have been very nervous about using any chemical on my top. I was going to show this to the local detail shop and ask for a recommendation.

OP
OP
sebounet

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have something very similar on my 2017 GT. Water does not seem to remove them either. I have been very nervous about using any chemical on my top. I was going to show this to the local detail show and ask for a recommendation.
My 2016 top was replaced underwarranty for wears due to the parts that you can put to hide the roof mecanism. But after the roof didn't open well , and it was very difficult to have the guy that repare it to correct the issue. That's why i hesitate to have it replaced. Also i know it can come back very easily. I use special cleaner for the roof (i think it's just very soft soap, like baby shampoo). I also try to clean the marks but it doesnt change anything

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Could this possibly be coming from the soap you are using? I just purchased mine a month ago and have washed it only once.

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Mine does it also. I take a lint roller to it. It helps buts still there.
It's as if the fabric doesn't take to folding and there is a lot of abrasion contact when top is down.

Sponsored

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
I use a soft horsehair brush on mine every wash. I wash with the same soap (Griot’s) that gets foamed onto the rest of the car. i use 303 cleaner and protectant once per year when the car comes out for the summer. I have seen these marks show up, but the brush with a wash takes care of it.

OP
OP
sebounet

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use to drive at high speed on highways and i see the fabric moving with the wind. I think it s abrasion. I don t put too much soap, and i don t fold my roof untill it s dry, plus i use a special soap only for convertible . Even though it could be due to soap it will be easy to take it off. The white marks are a bit shiny, so it really looks like abrasion where it folds.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have these abrasion marks on my 2017 as well...they do not come out. I have learned to ignore them, but may ask my dealer about it. I am also noticing that the ribbed stitching along the door is starting to drop back...will get it checked at next oil change.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
My top looks great. I wash with a horse hair brush as well and each time I wash the car. I have never seen white marks on my top like those. Just fold marks and they disappear over a time.

I recently treated my top with "Auto Glym" and the result was fantastic. The roof looks blacker than black. I have put the top down/up several times since and no lines or white marks to be noticed..:thumbsup:

AutoGlym-Facric-hood-Kit.gif

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I wouldn’t be concerned. Like everyone else, mine has the same creases and we’ve done several long road trips.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I wouldn’t be concerned. Like everyone else, mine has the same creases and we’ve done several long road trips.
I had them on my 11 and I have them on my 18 as well. Wear in the top means you enjoyed the car lol. Creases are going to happen. If you get excessive wear, take it to the dealer.

Last edited:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Our '18 will show some wrinkles that go away after the top is up for awhile, but nothing like that my friend.

OP
OP
sebounet

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our '18 will show some wrinkles that go away after the top is up for awhile, but nothing like that my friend.
Ford says it s normal

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Ford says it s normal
I don't doubt it, that's there usual reply. Hopefully it is. Are you able to clean it, or is it just creases/stretch marks?

OP
OP
sebounet

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, i tried different things to clean them and no improvement.
Those mark are made where the textile bent when the roof is open. When i drive at high speed i see the textile with a lot of mouvements
Sponsored