Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you're getting the quad tip version, are your cutouts going to be wide enough? I feel like you might end up needing to cut some on the outside of each one and a little more on the insides.

Cuts do look nice though! Maybe some sort of rubber molding would put a nice finish on it so you can't even tell it was done, but not sure how it'd handle the heat.
Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
If you're getting the quad tip version, are your cutouts going to be wide enough? I feel like you might end up needing to cut some on the outside of each one and a little more on the insides.

Cuts do look nice though! Maybe some sort of rubber molding would put a nice finish on it so you can't even tell it was done, but not sure how it'd handle the heat.

I used a youtube video of someone whos done it for reference. Also, the tips you see now are the 4.5” magnaflow muffler tips. The quads are 4” each so I think ill be fine. And thank you! I thought of the rubber molding too

Last edited:

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Oh. My. God. This system is the holy grail of all exhaust systems! Had no issues installing it whatsoever. Bolted right on and the sound is amazing! No drone, quiet when you need it to be and even louder than the magnaflows when you step on it, angrier and cleaner!

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yeah I found my receipt in my email and copy-pasted the link from it. I guess its possible that the other adapter wasn't needed. I never tried using the adapters that came with the system on my car since I already had the new adapters but the difference in exhaust diameter is what made me get the new set.

Maybe i'm just a noob and was overthinking it since i've been reading that basically any 2.5" GT cat back exhaust can bolt right up to the V6 without any adapter whatsoever.
The stock cats on both the GT and V6 come off a 2.25 connector. Any CATBACK system from either the GT or V6 will bolt up because the transition is the same in both cars. Now, if u bought a midpipe or axleback system from GT then yes the use of an adapter is required as our stock piping is 2.25 vs the GT stock piping of 2.5. My guess is yours wasn't a full CATBACK system.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
The stock cats on both the GT and V6 come off a 2.25 connector. Any CATBACK system from either the GT or V6 will bolt up because the transition is the same in both cars. Now, if u bought a midpipe or axleback system from GT then yes the use of an adapter is required as our stock piping is 2.25 vs the GT stock piping of 2.5. My guess is yours wasn't a full CATBACK system.
I came to this conclusion too. In his signature it says BBK catted H-Pipe then Corsa X-treme catback exhaust system lol I think he has the corsa xtreme mufflers connected to BBK H-pipe.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I came to this conclusion too. In his signature it says BBK catted H-Pipe then Corsa X-treme catback exhaust system lol I think he has the corsa xtreme mufflers connected to BBK H-pipe.
Lol. Yep. Guessing he is running longtubes or deleted his CATS.

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Ill clear this confusion up.

I made a mistake thinking I needed an adapter for the job. In my research before buying the Corsa CAT-back system I read about the different pipe diameters and assumed I need the adapters. I bought them and everything worked fine.

To the people with a hard time reading signatures.
Longtube Headers > BBK CATTED H-Pipe > Corsa CAT back (double helix Xpipe and mufflers)

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ill clear this confusion up.

I made a mistake thinking I needed an adapter for the job. In my research before buying the Corsa CAT-back system I read about the different pipe diameters and assumed I need the adapters. I bought them and everything worked fine.

To the people with a hard time reading signatures.
Longtube Headers > BBK CATTED H-Pipe > Corsa CAT back (double helix Xpipe and mufflers)
Okay. Just having some fun about it. But don't come back with somehow you didn't give wrong advice to the OP and then act like it's because no one read your signature. Heck, he was even gracious enough to say no hard feelings and no biggie. Now if that wasn't your intent with your last post then my I'm sorry in advance I took it wrong. I am in fact in a grumbly mood since I just had major shoulder surgery two days ago.

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Okay. Just having some fun about it. But don't come back with somehow you didn't give wrong advice to the OP and then act like it's because no one read your signature. Heck, he was even gracious enough to say no hard feelings and no biggie. Now if that wasn't your intent with your last post then my I'm sorry in advance I took it wrong. I am in fact in a grumbly mood since I just had major shoulder surgery two days ago.
I never denied giving wrong advise. I acknowledged it and apologised about it and gave the reason for giving it in the first place.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

Some more parking lot revs of mine, didn't realize I never came back and posted one after getting the Steeda x-pipe in.

For those that didn't see it, this was the before the x-pipe:

[ame]

Seems like it might have been deeper before, can't be certain I had the camera the same distance away each time. I do know that it is louder now than it was before. Still haven't heard it from outside the car myself either way.

Sponsored

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
So I’ve been running the system with no issues until yesterday I got a check engine code P0420 and I started feeling the car is misfiring. Am I looking at spark plugs that need replacing or is this an exhaust related issue? Car has 54k miles now so I’m thinking it’s definitely about time for a new set of spark plugs. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Anyone have LMR/SVE branded axle backs? They are currently on sale and I am thinking of replacing my stock GT mufflers.

Edit: Found videos done by a guy but they were for the v6 ones. They sound pretty good for the price. I might just do it.

Edit2: I ended up buying the LMR gt axle backs. Reading some of the reviews for it and the very similar CJPP axle backs, it seems that I may have to face some drone. But from what I read it seems to depend on the person and/or car. I'm hoping that having a v6 will produce less drone though I do have an x-pipe resonator delete. I'll probably have it installed in the coming weeks.

Edit3: Just got the SVE axle backs. They look pretty nice and are very light compared to the stock GT mufflers. Hoping they don't drone too bad. If they do I'll probably have custom x-pipe made with bullet resonators. I'll look into getting them welded on next or the following Saturday.

Edit4: Finally getting them installed.

Last edited:

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I got the SVE axle backs installed. It sounds nice but it is really really loud.
I originally had the stock GT exhaust. Then I did a x-pipe resonator delete. With all that the car sounds great but driving it is way loud. For the price I guess it is great but I am looking to install resonators, maybe the small bullet ones. I'm hoping with time it will die down a bit.
Overall it is loud and may not be for me.

Edit: what do you guys use to take videos? Just a phone?

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Mine were all with a phone. For you, if you still have your stock resonator you might want to try putting that back on first and see if it works for you. The xpipe for me changed the sound a bit, but also made it louder.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Here is the video of a cold start with SVE GT axle backs and x-pipe resonator delete. It was really loud at everything it did and it droned past 2000 rpm. One thing I really loved though was the idle which was really nice. I had it on for 2 weeks and I have since gone back to the stock GT mufflers and I couldn't be happier. It was a very expensive lesson.

There was a person passing by and he made a comment lol...

[ame]
Sponsored