Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Support Brace (2015 Coupe) - Now Available

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
:ninja:

Time will tell :)
Sponsored

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
:ninja:

Time will tell :)
David, can you provide more details on how Steeda's IRS sub frame brace would improve handling on the GT350 track pak and if any improvement is noticeable?

Unlike the regular GT, the 350 does not have much wheel hop, but I suppose that at the limits the suspension could be stiffer when cornering.

It seems like a cost effective mod but I want to understand better if it's worth it.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
David, can you provide more details on how Steeda's IRS sub frame brace would improve handling on the GT350 track pak and if any improvement is noticeable?

Unlike the regular GT, the 350 does not have much wheel hop, but I suppose that at the limits the suspension could be stiffer when cornering.

It seems like a cost effective mod but I want to understand better if it's worth it.
Steeda Patented IRS Brace attaches to three points with five fasteners on the chassis, therefore giving the IRS sub frame superior structural support and control from movement. Several customers have noted a decrease in drive line vibration between the 50mph and 70 mph mark. Plus, a decrease in axle hop. You will be extremely happy with the results.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Do you have any other questions or are you ready to give them a try?

TJ

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
One thing that has held me back was a concern for misalignment of the sub frame on installation. Is that frequent on these cars and if so how is it addressed?

The other point was a decrease in driveline vibration, as a benefit, which I havent experienced. Maybe you can explain more the benefits it would have in the GT350.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
One thing that has held me back was a concern for misalignment of the sub frame on installation. Is that frequent on these cars and if so how is it addressed?

The other point was a decrease in driveline vibration, as a benefit, which I havent experienced. Maybe you can explain more the benefits it would have in the GT350.
The sub frame alignment dowel kit is a good idea to square up the IRS sub-frame, once done you will not have to worry about it shifting again.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

IRS Sub frame support kit puts more structural stiffness in the rear sub assembly helping to eliminate axle hop and limit driveline vibrations.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Little throwback Thursday with a great review!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]1J3ChRhsnyc[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

Reactions: A7X

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great question - I will have to inquire, I am sure there is a method to their madness!

I will find out what drives the color.

TJ

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's IRS Subframe braces weighing just under five pounds and delivering a 1.180 short time record, amazing!

steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754-0.jpg

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Simply the Best.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Black Friday has passed ... but we still have great forum pricing :)

Let us know if we can help!

TJ

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

I did the Steeda alignment kit (dowels) and the IRS braces and did an alignment.Drives some firmer than stock. Cut down on roll cornering. Very happy with the results.
Sponsored