Sponsored

Optimal rear tire alignment specs for launching on street

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Guys, i went wide on the rears when i got new wheels and had to do -2.0 camber to tuck the tires under my rear fenders. Looks great, traction isn't great as the outside 1/4 of the tires don't leave any rubber when roasting the tires. Anyone know what rear tire alignment specs would give the optimal traction on the street? What's the downside to 0 camber on rears?

Willing to go narrower tire for better traction. Added a whipple, traction is now higher on the list than looks. Thanks!
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
closest to 0 is optimal for straight line traction. most dont recommend 0 for daily driving. but -1 to -1.5 would be preferred. and stickier tire will help most.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
If you are driving it pretty regularly on the street, I would set at least -1 camber to the rear. If all you do is go around dig racing at every stop, then 0 is optimal for launching due to the suspension (IRS) compressing and naturally creating negative camber.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
If you are driving it pretty regularly on the street, I would set at least -1 camber to the rear. If all you do is go around dig racing at every stop, then 0 is optimal for launching due to the suspension (IRS) compressing and naturally creating negative camber.
Thanks for the info! I'll see if i can flatten out the -2 camber i currently have with 305/35r20's to closer to a -1. Lowered 1", so it will be tight...

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
what is your wheel offset, thats the issue i see most have

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
should fit fine. you say you have to tuck that?
Yep, after lowered on eiback pro springs 305's rubbed. Probably tucked too far going to -2. Will try -1 and see if that works...
Sponsored