Sponsored

'18 Mustang Ecoboost PP vs '19 Camaro Turbo 1LE

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
Responses will be biased, but how will the two compare?
With the Camaro being lighter, it seems that it'll be a blast to drive around the track. Hopefully we can share genuine comparisons.
1.jpg
2.jpg
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I am sure just like the GT, the 1LE is going to be superior at the track compared to a PP1 car.

PP2 vs 1LE has yet to be done as far as I know.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a deep envy for all of the 1LE cars, being that they are so good right out of the box at making turns.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know power isn't everything, but the Turbo 1LE is 275/290 vs the Ecoboost with 310/350. Camaro does come with the better suspension and tire setup though.

The thing that gets me is that all the 1LEs move to 20" wheels while most people on here say that 19" is the best for performance. Could be different on the Camaro, but still an interesting point.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know power isn't everything, but the Turbo 1LE is 275/290 vs the Ecoboost with 310/350. Camaro does come with the better suspension and tire setup though.

The thing that gets me is that all the 1LEs move to 20" wheels while most people on here say that 19" is the best for performance. Could be different on the Camaro, but still an interesting point.
smaller and lighter wheels are better as long as you have enough braking. IIRC F1 cars use 15" wheels.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As long as we compare the Ecoboost PP with the 1le and use 93 octane gas in the Mustang the 1le will lose every time. Besides I wouldn't be caught dead in a car that looks like the Cheshire Cat on some real bad drugs. :doh:
Junk.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
As long as we compare the Ecoboost PP with the 1le and use 93 octane gas in the Mustang the 1le will lose every time.
What if both vehicles use 93 octane fuel?

Besides I wouldn't be caught dead in a car that looks like the Cheshire Cat on some real bad drugs.
I feel the 2018+ Mustang is worse, but appearance is subjective & there are plenty of other threads with those discussions. ;)

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as we compare the Ecoboost PP with the 1le and use 93 octane gas in the Mustang the 1le will lose every time. Besides I wouldn't be caught dead in a car that looks like the Cheshire Cat on some real bad drugs. :doh:

Ok, but that is in a drag race. Not really what the 1le is intended for.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What if both vehicles use 93 octane fuel?

I feel the 2018+ Mustang is worse, but appearance is subjective & there are plenty of other threads with those discussions. ;)
Yes both 93 octane general motor trend usually tests the Ecoboost Mustang on 87 octane which kills horse power.

Appearance is subjective but the camaro is hideous. Mustang when you see it in person looks pretty good.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may not know this but Ecoboost PP is available with Magneride

Yes. I know that. Tell me again why that matters. The Camaro chassis is superior to the S550.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I know that. Tell me again why that matters. The Camaro chassis is superior to the S550.

With more horse power, magneride and competent drive the Mustang will kick the camaros ass every time

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
With more horse power, magneride and competent drive the Mustang will kick the camaros ass every time

The Mustang has more weight too. The power-to-weight ratio between the two is almost identical.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What's superior about it? I've never seen any data that indicates there's something superior about the Camaro chassis.
Sponsored