Sponsored

TWEETER KEEPS BLOWING ON SHAKER

Whitemustang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White mustang G.T. 2016
Hey guys,

My tweeter keeps blowing on my factory shaker system and is all distorted when I’m playing music at higher volume. This is the third time I’m replacing the speaker.

It’s all raspy and distorted on one side only and the other tweeter is nice and clean.

Is there an underlying issue or maybe you guys have some reccomendations for a new aftermarket tweeters.

Thank you for showing me da way bruddas
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Have you replacing the blown tweeter with a factory replacement?
If so, we can rule our reversing the polarity.

I went through a few sets, and found aftermarket tweeters can be a little harsh sounding, especially metal cones.
I finally settled on a Kicker 1" surface mount and installed a Focal crossover and attenuator to calm it down.
Sounds great now.

Kicker KST25
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-FOCAL-POLYGLASS-PASSIVE-TWEETER-BASS-BLOCKERS-CROSSOVERS-MADE-IN-FRANCE-NEW-/401016074002

I would recommend replacing the center channel speaker as well.
I had good results with a Polk db351

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I ended up changing my speakers earlier on. I am running Hertz Dieci components (and Hertz for the other speakers). I noticed a significant sound quality upgrade making the change. I would suggest getting the 3.5" for the doors as well to match.

In a coupe, I think you get the best sound on the cheap by changing the 6 front speakers (tweets, 3.5" upper doors and 6.5" lower woofers), disconnecting the center speaker and not worrying about the rears. I find the center speaker doesn't improve the sound stage, and the rears are muffled by the parcel shelf anyway. I've contemplated adding some sort of crossover to the door 3.5" speakers since they're full range including a tweeter, but haven't done it yet. I suspect that would improve my upper range sound marginally.
Sponsored