Sponsored

Looking at a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost 10 speed.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

2.1 60 ft. This motor pulls timing like crazy with heat. The F150 ecoboost don't seem to suffer from that problem at least not in my experience. Also the F150 has more top end. This car dies over 5k rpm. I have to still find the sweet spot to shift it and launch it. My iat on that run was 126. The prior run was 146 and it ran a 15 flat. The cooler the iat's on this motor the faster she goes due to increased timing. if I could have got the iat's down under 100 she would have pulled a 13.xxx. Also I'm not a veteran drag racer. I go occasionally and I'm still learning the car.

End of the day it's an ecoboost u want a 12 sec car then get the GT. I bought this car for commuting, economy, & weekend racing. If u have dreams of 12's stock then keep dreaming. I want to see your F150 handle the way this thing does. This is a great well rounded car, don't get caught up in numbers. Go drive one.
Indeed, I agree the guy should also go drive one. The only issue is, after a drive, you are hooked! ;)

If the ecoboost seems slow on the test drive, ask the dealer if he put regular gas in it.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Indeed, I agree the guy should also go drive one. The only issue is, after a drive, you are hooked! ;)

If the ecoboost seems slow on the test drive, ask the dealer if he put regular gas in it.
That is y I have yet to drive an 18 gt. Lol

Ya once I started using 91 it made a world of difference

OP
OP

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Took it for a spin last night, 10 speed is very impressive even in a base ecoboost.
Worked the numbers and Ford phoned me today.

Proud owner of a 2018 Ecoboost A10 as of today.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Took it for a spin last night, 10 speed is very impressive even in a base ecoboost.
Worked the numbers and Ford phoned me today.

Proud owner of a 2018 Ecoboost A10 as of today.
Congrats man! Post up a few pics when possible. :cheers:
Sponsored