Steeda Progressive Spring review

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Steeda Tech
Just take care of that beauty on the Michigan roads. Our Pro Actions are a nice compliment :)

TJ
That may be in the plans if the price comes down a bit :shrug: ... Question ... have either of you heard any feedback from customers about the Progressive springs needing to be paired with a bumpsteer kit? The more I drive it the more it tends to want to go where the bumps/grooves in the road want to take it. I had an alignment not long ago but was also wondering if the bumpsteer kit would remidiate some of this as well?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That may be in the plans if the price comes down a bit :shrug: ... Question ... have either of you heard any feedback from customers about the Progressive springs needing to be paired with a bumpsteer kit? The more I drive it the more it tends to want to go where the bumps/grooves in the road want to take it. I had an alignment not long ago but was also wondering if the bumpsteer kit would remidiate some of this as well?
Bumpsteer is recommended for lowered cars but not necessarily for this case. Our VP has the progressives installed down in FL & has no issue with controlling the car on uneven/bumps/grooves - he does not have a bump steer kit on his car.

Send me your contact info & let's see if we can chat through your scenario & see what our overall recommendation is - don't want to sell you on something that may not help with your issue.

TJ

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Here is a picture of my Mustang after Steeda installed their Comfort Suspension Package that includes the progressive springs.
Lowered Mustang.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a picture of my Mustang after Steeda installed their Comfort Suspension Package that includes the progressive springs.
How are you liking the ride quality and set up?

Look forward to your feedback.

TJ

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
How are you liking the ride quality and set up?

Look forward to your feedback.

TJ
The ride is definitely smoother. When you hit bumps or go over speed bumps, the initial hit is smoother, not the jarring, without any floating. On a few a freeway exits that I was able take the corner aggressively, it was more planted and there was less lean. Also I have noticed when I am stopped to make a turn, when I accelerate quickly during the turn, my rear wheels are not losing grip like before.

This weekend after I get done with a round of golf, I plan to drive a road that I will able to try it out. The speed limit is 55 (which no one does) and has corners that they say to drop down to 35. If you have been to Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville, GA, you would have driven on part of the route I will be on.

Sponsored

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
I've had the comfort package on for 5k+miles and the only problem I have had is the increasing paranoia for potholes and other crappy surfaces. The drop is significant for daily driving, but god damn does it look sexy and feel great 99% of the time..... SO WORTH!

Had my brother drive my GT in San Francisco last weekend, who also drives an M4, and within 10 seconds of driving he tells me he feels safe and confident in the car as opposed to the floaty standard suspension (he's just butthurt I still beat him with my GT).

When surfaces permit, it really gives you the GT feel on the highway due to the low spring rate at little compression. At the same time, the higher spring rate under high compression really makes it feel like the body is bolted onto the suspension; Obviously get the Track Package for that!!! Transitions between corners is so controlled and smooth, nose dive is barely recognizable, and rebound is a simple "down up", no bumpiness like the Ford Performance packages. (side question: bumpiness is because the pp springs are linear or poor shock damping?)

Check my short review: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
(side question: bumpiness is because the pp springs are linear or poor shock damping?)
My guess - if you're referring to harshness, that's mostly a case of too much shock damping at high shock piston speeds. Suspension bounce is more like not enough damping at low shock piston speeds.

Norm

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
I finally had a chance to try the handling of the comfort suspension package and it put a big grin on my face. I was handling 35 MPH corners at 60 MPH. It felt connected to the road, with no lean, and not feeling I was approaching the grip limit. I did get very lucky though. I caught up to a truck that was doing the speed limit and about a 1/2 mile later, there was a cop sitting on the side of the road, waiting for speeders. I will say this is the best improvement I have added to my Mustang.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finally had a chance to try the handling of the comfort suspension package and it put a big grin on my face. I was handling 35 MPH corners at 60 MPH. It felt connected to the road, with no lean, and not feeling I was approaching the grip limit. I did get very lucky though. I caught up to a truck that was doing the speed limit and about a 1/2 mile later, there was a cop sitting on the side of the road, waiting for speeders. I will say this is the best improvement I have added to my Mustang.
FANTASTIC! That is what we love to hear - proven results & feedback :cheers:

Enjoy your Sunday!

TJ

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
5k+ miles and going strong

Decided to give my baby a cleaning after a Sunday road cruise and once again had a blast with my Steeda setup. For a static suspension and the price you just can't do better!:first:
GT + Ecoboost.jpg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also - we are now having our Memorial Day Sale ... plenty of parts to compliment the Steeda Progressives!

TJ

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the comfort package on for 5k+miles and the only problem I have had is the increasing paranoia for potholes and other crappy surfaces. The drop is significant for daily driving, but god damn does it look sexy and feel great 99% of the time..... SO WORTH!

Had my brother drive my GT in San Francisco last weekend, who also drives an M4, and within 10 seconds of driving he tells me he feels safe and confident in the car as opposed to the floaty standard suspension (he's just butthurt I still beat him with my GT).

When surfaces permit, it really gives you the GT feel on the highway due to the low spring rate at little compression. At the same time, the higher spring rate under high compression really makes it feel like the body is bolted onto the suspension; Obviously get the Track Package for that!!! Transitions between corners is so controlled and smooth, nose dive is barely recognizable, and rebound is a simple "down up", no bumpiness like the Ford Performance packages. (side question: bumpiness is because the pp springs are linear or poor shock damping?)

Check my short review: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455
This is all good news to me. I'm increasingly leaning towards this set-up to replace my airlift 3p.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Hey gang... 2015 GT Premium Vert here, Auto...

Thinking about running these sport progressive springs on my car. I'm mostly stock, just the magnaflow street cat back currently. Just confirming I should be okay with just the springs, nothing else needed? Mostly cruising, some spirited driving, but no track/racing in my future.

Also, and recommendations on shops to handle the install in Central FL (Daytona Beach area here)?

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
Hey gang... 2015 GT Premium Vert here, Auto...

Thinking about running these sport progressive springs on my car. I'm mostly stock, just the magnaflow street cat back currently. Just confirming I should be okay with just the springs, nothing else needed? Mostly cruising, some spirited driving, but no track/racing in my future.

Also, and recommendations on shops to handle the install in Central FL (Daytona Beach area here)?
I would recommend their suspension "packages" so that you don't have issues (Comfort package imo) in the future with blown shocks/struts. If you just go with springs you will eventually need new shocks/struts after 15k miles due to the spring rate not in sync with stock dampening.

But if you are looking for just a quick, cheap and significant change, springs alone will do it. I'm running a Vert myself: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85455

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The progressives are a great choice for convertibles too!

IMG_0413.jpg
Sponsored