Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Heatsoak not just from the intercooler, but you also have a small turbo winding up at extreme RPM's that heats up the charge air itself. So not only is it running out of air to keep up the demand, the air itself from the overworked turbine gets hot regardless of the intercooler you have. I am thinking with a precision bolt on with the FP tune, if possible, might be better in the upper RPM range even without a custom tune for it and you don't have to worry about blowing the engine from overboost.
Nice! I've thought about going this route as well. I just worry about running out of fuel during WOT.
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
got installed today by dealer, all went fine, already feel high rpm pull. bad part, got a rock chip on windshield on way home.. Argh.. :(

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
got installed today by dealer, all went fine, already feel high rpm pull. bad part, got a rock chip on windshield on way home.. Argh.. :(
Lost cause - trade it in and hopefully they wont know the better! ;)

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
got a rock chip on windshield on way home.. Argh.. :(
What the hell is it with new cars and rock chips!? I leave at least a couple of truck-lengths of space between me and any trucks I get behind, then I get a rock chip in the windshield from a damn Prius. Just can't win...

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Although better in all the RPM's, It does run out of wind after 5k RPM, but that's just how it is with a small turbo.
Compared to stock it pulls like a frieght train right to the rev limiter. You get a 100 HP increase at 6000 rpm, that makes a huge difference in the top end over stock.

Sponsored

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost named Hussy
I have two quick questions. I heard the new revision came out inn this board any body figure out what different yet? Second, my dealer wouldn't use my computer to download three software. Anyone figure out a good solution to this yet? The mechanic has been cool and offered to share his login info so I can download but but I don't want to screw him over if I can help it. So I figured I'd hit you all up for ideas. Thanks

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Not sure about tune revisions, the only thing i know gets updated is the PROCAL software and there has been an update to that a while back. Don't worry if the dealership wont use your laptop, it doesnt make any difference. When they upload your tune, it would still come from your account. So, you log in to your account from their computer, you enter voucher number and all that stuff then download the tune again, then they can load. After it's done, ask the tech to email you the tune file.

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
The problem is when I try to download the software it tells me the voucher number has been used and I can't download.

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
There was a tune revision - small letter change - something about a little dead spot in 3rd gear. I actually reprogrammed mine a day ago for the updated revision and didn't notice a change.

You can always copy over the calibrations folder over from your old lap top first.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
The problem is when I try to download the software it tells me the voucher number has been used and I can't download.
Oh so you are already tuned and just trying to find out or get a revised tune? If you scroll up to earlier post, someone had supposedly uploaded a revised tune, I think it was user jbailer or Lion.

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Oh so you are already tuned and just trying to find out or get a revised tune? If you scroll up to earlier post, someone had supposedly uploaded a revised tune, I think it was user jbailer or Lion.
No, not yet anyways. I'm just trying to download the procal software. To do that you have to have an unused code. My code was used by the dealer on their computer. If I try to download it tells me that code has already been used and won't let me download.

EcoBond007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Ok for those following for resolution I think I got things figured out. I was in communication with the tech that installed and that seemed to help. Plus he was awesome about trying to get this figured out. So he changed his ford performance password to a temp password then gave me his login info. I was able to log in on my laptop to his account and download the procal tool. Then he changed his password back so I couldn't mess with his other clients files. Then he copied and emailed me both tunes (the original and ford racing tune). Kind of a long drawn out post for 98% of you who will never need it but just in case someone else gets stuck like me this is working so far. Thanks for all your input. If your in Denver Stephen Mason at Phil Long for is the man he went far above and beyond.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
when i did my tune install i dont believe there was a stock tune loaded to the laptop just the calibration file was loaded/downloaded. The instructions state to return to stock select calibration file and select restore. Maybe the stock file is there but not visible in the folder where the calibration file is located..
Sponsored