Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Merning. I think after work I am going to drive to the dragway for TNT and give my first try in this car. The best I ran in my 16 PP was a 12.4 with slicks, flex tune and PMAS intake. I probably took that car to about 5 TNTs and always managed to botch 1/2 to 3/4 of my runs because I didn't hit 3rd correct.

Anyways this is my first automatic so my first time taking one down the track. I know it's an automatic so there just isn't a whole lot we have to do but I'm hoping to at least pull the best times possible out of it this evening. I looks like it's going to be low 80s. I suspect the DA will be in the 1200-1300 range.

I will be running the stock PP 4s tires. The parking lot area has lots of loose pebbles and you pick them up in the staging lanes too. What is my best approach when staging? What is the best way to burn out in an automatic? Avoid water if possible (sometimes they make it impossible to get around it).

Should I drop it in track S, TC off and paddle to 1st and hold the brake down and gas it to spin the wheels for a few seconds to clean the tires off? Once I've finished with that place the car in dragmode D, stage, footbrake to 2k RPM and just let it do it's thing once it hits the 2nd yellow?

I know it's hard to really call it. I just want to make sure i'm at least leaving correctly as possible then I can determine if I need to do more or less braking off the line.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Curious...what was your best 60' with the 16 PP
With slicks I did a 1.8 on 21 psi. That was with coilovers installed. No other suspension parts. With my Nitto G2's I think the best i was ever able to get was a 2.2.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Clean tires, if there is a lot of gravel try and wipe them down before the lanes. then do a medium burn out to clean them, dont need to do a john force burn out. you can use the factory line lock or foot brake. Make sure you turn advance trac off. hold TC button like 7 seconds and will say advance trac off. the best times seem to be around 1500 rpm stage. leave car in D use drag mode if you have it.

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Clean tires, if there is a lot of gravel try and wipe them down before the lanes. then do a medium burn out to clean them, dont need to do a john force burn out. you can use the factory line lock or foot brake. Make sure you turn advance trac off. hold TC button like 7 seconds and will say advance trac off. the best times seem to be around 1500 rpm stage. leave car in D use drag mode if you have it.
Yes I have drag mode which is why I can't wait to use it. It hook so fucking hard on the street that I can only imagine on the track. I've only took it up to a 100.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Which strip do you go to?
Richmond Dragway usually. I work in Richmond so it's not a far venture for me after I'm off. I've gone to Eastside a few times which is a 1/8th track in Waynesboro.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
went to sacramento raceway last weekend . 305 pilot super sport on my p51 wheels at 25psi. I did start the weekend just doing a quick couple second burn out to clean off the tires as this track also has a ton of rocks in the pits, but i noticed i was getting better times with them being warm, doing a little longer burn out. I was brake/reving to 2k-2500 sport plus mode, in Drive.

ran a best of 12.26 115mph with a 1.9. da was 1k at 23psi in the tires
def would have been in the 11's with slicks. next time

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
went to sacramento raceway last weekend . 305 pilot super sport on my p51 wheels at 25psi. I did start the weekend just doing a quick couple second burn out to clean off the tires as this track also has a ton of rocks in the pits, but i noticed i was getting better times with them being warm, doing a little longer burn out. I was brake/reving to 2k-2500 sport plus mode, in Drive.

ran a best of 12.26 115mph with a 1.9. da was 1k at 23psi in the tires
def would have been in the 11's with slicks. next time
Did you try out drag mode?

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try out drag mode?
one time... but haven't read up on how to use it. 2nd shift id dropped to 3k and and wouldn't pick up for a sec. any tricks?? any settings or specific things i should have done that i am un aware of? I don't even know what happened there really. any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
one time... but haven't read up on how to use it. 2nd shift id dropped to 3k and and wouldn't pick up for a sec. any tricks?? any settings ot things i should have done that i am in aware of? i don't even know what happened there really. any help is appreciated.
That's possibly traction control nannies kicking on. I think that is why everyone says to disable TC when you are at the dragway for drag mode. Mine did that even on the street.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's possibly traction control nannies kicking on. I think that is why everyone says to disable TC when you are at the dragway for drag mode. Mine did that even on the street.
ok next time ill disconnect the fuse and give it a try. because i did turn off advance trac but it still slipped and i actually had it in drag strip not track when i did it.

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
ok next time ill disconnect the fuse and give it a try.
I think on the 18's there's actually a cable right next to the airbox (facing the fender) you can disconnect. If you can't get to it then pulling the fuse still works too.

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think on the 18's there's actually a cable right next to the airbox (facing the fender) you can disconnect. If you can't get to it then pulling the fuse still works too.
yeah my buddy pulled his on his 16 and that's about where it is, and that's where i meant i was going to disconnect it. I def will try it next time.

OP
OP
wireeater

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Well. I will be heading there soon. I will be back tonight with results. I hope I can get in at least 3 runs.
Sponsored