Sponsored

can rev match be turned off

jhammy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
<------Trolling around today

I have a solution for this. A 6 Speed....and its a lot more fun to drive!

:)
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Have to tried using the downshift paddle to get a quick downshift in the situation you described? If you are in D normal the trans will automatically revert to automatic mode :) about 3 seconds after paddle use unless you are coasting with no gas.
Yea i’ve done that but I bought an automatic daily driver for a reason - don’t want to have to downshift with paddles every day - should only have to use them when I WANT to, not because I have to.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Yea i’ve done that but I bought an automatic daily driver for a reason - don’t want to have to downshift with paddles every day - should only have to use them when I WANT to, not because I have to.
Understood but mine and/or my driving style/"wants" does not have the problem. When I want more acceleration in normal situations I squeeze on more throttle and the trans downshifts the number of gears, if any, needed for the amount of throttle. Conversely full throttle from low speed absolutely gets my attention with downshifts and rapid acceleration. Whee! :D

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
high hp/high performance car or not, when in normal driving mode it should behave like a normal car. non of my other Mustangs, nor my Scat Pack, G8 GT or Camaro ever behaved abnormally in regular driving modes. to me in an auto trans equipped car it seems like some kind of Ricer gimmick. i don't need it or want it. can it be turned off?

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
high hp/high performance car or not, when in normal driving mode it should behave like a normal car. non of my other Mustangs, nor my Scat Pack, G8 GT or Camaro ever behaved abnormally in regular driving modes. to me in an auto trans equipped car it seems like some kind of Ricer gimmick. i don't need it or want it. can it be turned off?
It absolutely should not rev match in normal driving mode on the A10. I have a 2018 with A10 and when in normal driving mode it behaves like a normal car, as it should, but when you go to S+ or Track, it will rev match when you hit the brakes. It is very noticeable when you are going at higher speed and hit the brakes hard. I enjoy the rev matching, but can see how it would be annoying if you aren't a fan of it. Anyhow, if yours is rev matching in Normal or Snow/Track, or both, take it to the dealer. It shouldn't be doing that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
It absolutely should not rev match in normal driving mode on the A10. I have a 2018 with A10 and when in normal driving mode it behaves like a normal car, as it should, but when you go to S+ or Track, it will rev match when you hit the brakes. It is very noticeable when you are going at higher speed and hit the brakes hard. I enjoy the rev matching, but can see how it would be annoying if you aren't a fan of it. Anyhow, if yours is rev matching in Normal or Snow/Track, or both, take it to the dealer. It shouldn't be doing that.
yeah, sounds like a trip to the dealer is gonna have to happen

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity what are the build dates of the cars with the problem?

Mine without the problem is 12/21.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

"car" lol

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra

the date at the bottom of my window sticker says 11/27/17, not sure if that's a build date though. my window sticker says not to be offered for sale and the car had to be held for a while once the dealer received it
original window sticker.jpg

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
maybe my build date is in October

Code:
Order Information:
  Vehicle Name:        2018 Mustang GT Fastback
  Ordered On:          10/09/2017
  Order Number:        9000
  Dealer Code:         74W501
  VIN:                 1FA6P8CF7J5123888
  Dealer Name:         Chuck Colvin Auto Center
  Estimated Delivery:  12/27/2017
  Current State:       Delivered
  In Order Processing: 12/05/2017
  In Production:       12/05/2017
  Awaiting Shipment:   12/08/2017
  In Transit:          12/27/2017
  Delivered:           12/27/2017
  Source:              [url]http://www.cotus.ford.com[/url]

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully there will be a TSB or similar. If you want to spend the $ before going to a dealer buy the 72 hour online service manual subscription for about $22, put in your VIN, and see if there is a TSB or similar.

Good luck.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Ok just to be clear your car is NOT rev matching, as that is a feature for manual trans only! What you are experiencing with the a10 in your car is engine braking. It is not able to be disabled nor is there anything wrong with the transmission it is simply doing what it is designed to do, which is downshift using the engine rpm to help assist you with braking.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Ok just to be clear your car is NOT rev matching, as that is a feature for manual trans only! What you are experiencing with the a10 in your car is engine braking. It is not able to be disabled nor is there anything wrong with the transmission it is simply doing what it is designed to do, which is downshift using the engine rpm to help assist you with braking.
ok so maybe it's not rev match but it is NOT engine braking. the car actually surges forward. I've owned many many performance cars in my life both modern and classic and this is NOT a normal thing. if you read the thread you'd note that i'm not the only one who complained of this. if it were engine compression braking the car would slow when the gears change and the RPM would increase to correspond with the vehicle speed.. NOT cause the vehicle to move forward with great momentum.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
ok so maybe it's not rev match but it is NOT engine braking. the car actually surges forward. I've owned many many performance cars in my life both modern and classic and this is NOT a normal thing. if you read the thread you'd note that i'm not the only one who complained of this. if it were engine compression braking the car would slow when the gears change and the RPM would increase to correspond with the vehicle speed.. NOT cause the vehicle to move forward with great momentum.
Are you going to stop by the dealer about this?

I noticed that shifts when the tranny is cold are also... not that great, lol.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I believe the pull you’re feeling is from the sudden jump in torque. But yea, I never once thought or felt this was engine braking occurring.
Sponsored