Sponsored

Rear suspension squeak

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I sprayed the lube and no dice. I def need to get the polyurethane version. The squeak is loud and the car wobble on pumps.
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Didn't think it would you need to remove it and remove and clean the pin. Or better yet, put the stock one back on.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I had Steeda Delrin for 20K+ miles, never a squeak and never re-lubed them. I put a thread up on this forum when I took them off and they looked almost perfect.

Now, my sway bar bushings will squeak if I don't keep them lubed.

NorthernMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I had Steeda Delrin for 20K+ miles, never a squeak and never re-lubed them. I put a thread up on this forum when I took them off and they looked almost perfect.

Now, my sway bar bushings will squeak if I don't keep them lubed.
You're from Georgia right? I'm thinking that colder/dry climates, snow, salt, sand, etc could be playing into how these suspension components react.... Troubleshooting a similar squeak myself at the moment...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You're from Georgia right? I'm thinking that colder/dry climates, snow, salt, sand, etc could be playing into how these suspension components react.... Troubleshooting a similar squeak myself at the moment...
Yes, but my car has been up north in the winter enough to rust the living crap out of my catback... which I was under the impression was stainless, haha.

Should be able to re-lube the vertical links if they're the source.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Digging up this old thread. I noticed a rear squeek driving over unlevel ground. Especially turning the steering wheel backing out of the driveway. I haven't started tracking down yet and figured I would start on 6G. What are the symptoms of the vertical link noise?

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
J&M Vertical Links:

Info helped alot as I was having the same issue and in the beginning phase it starts to sound like you're tire is rubbing in the inner wheel well. For a couple of weeks that "Tire Rubbing" noise is present only when making turns and then the squeaking starts right afterwards, once the squeak starts, the tire rubbing noise goes away! I've had my J&M vertical links since March of 2017 and just happening now in March of 2021 so it lasted a pretty long time!
Sponsored