Factory Boost Gauge; Accurate?

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
A friend says that his tuner told him to change the boost gauge in his F150 Lightning because it was sadly inaccurate. Do we know how accurate our gauges are? I couldn't find much in the way of opinions and/or comparison data.
Sponsored

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Its pretty accurate, if you have an AP you can run the boost gauge on that and run the text version of the boost gauge in the center cluster.

OP
OP

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I'm assuming when you use the initialism "AP" you're referring to the Cobb device, yes?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, a Cobb Access Port
I have mine mounted and have the boost pressure on display.
I would say that the factory gauge is pretty accurate, maybe off by 1 psi on the high end.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
or... you can get yourself an odb2 bluetooth transmitter pretty cheap and just run the Torque Pro app on your phone if you do not have an access port. I tend to assume most EBM owners are tuned and therefore have some sort of hand held that has some gauge functionality. =)

The only thing I would say about the stock gauges is they tend to be on the slow side on polling. I noticed my boost gauge in txt form is a hair behind my AP in numbers but not off technically. May be the interface or processing of the data. The AP being a dedicated device is probably faster since it only does a handful of things.
Sponsored