Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
No manual? Not interested. Simple as that.

Kungfukendrixx

18Shadowblk_5_0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Meh. Stinger is a nice little car. Impressive on take off from a dig with the (AWD). But not too impressed. I will take the Mustang all day (6sp manual for me though).

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Something is off here... I don't like to be the one to just call out assumptions like that but that GT PP should be at least running mid 12's EASY even with a crappy driver. This guy was supposed to be "the best" and was roasting tires off the line in the A10... I took mine to the track last week in ran a 12.5 in NORMAL drive mode, 2.0 60 and my tires didn't peel off like that. Why didn't they show the times as well? Pretty sure the stinger is a low 13 second car stock.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Something is off here... I don't like to be the one to just call out assumptions like that but that GT PP should be at least running mid 12's EASY even with a crappy driver. This guy was supposed to be "the best" and was roasting tires off the line in the A10... I took mine to the track last week in ran a 12.5 in NORMAL drive mode, 2.0 60 and my tires didn't peel off like that. Why didn't they show the times as well? Pretty sure the stinger is a low 13 second car stock.

Camera tricks? Kia's agenda? The guy got paid off to make this? Pick your poison

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
That channel is extremely biased towards anything competing against American cars. And I’ve seen the same race happen in person here in NC and the 2018 GT had the stinger by at least a car and a half in the quarter mile. These dudes are full of shit.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Stingers are already taking a $10k depreciation hit in the first year... it’s still a “Kia”

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
The Stinger is carrying around two unnecessary doors...:doh:

Rodan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Stingers are already taking a $10k depreciation hit in the first year... it’s still a “Kia”
To be fair, so do Mustangs... :p

And if you read threads about GT350s on some forums, "it's still a Mustang"...

I'm guessing no times because the equipment wasn't turned on.

I'm not familiar with the reviewer, so I can't speak to any 'agenda', but an unprepped dragstrip can be worse than the street for traction, which would give a big advantage to an AWD car. Obviously the Mustang is the faster car, just not under those conditions with those drivers. I've seen lots of slow ass Mustangs at the strip over the years, so it does happen... :shrug:

They did state the Mustang would whip the Stinger from a roll...

The truth is it's kind of a dumb comparison as it's unlikely the cars would be cross-shopped, but if I were in the market for a performance sedan today, and wanted AWD, the Stinger would be on the top of my list as a solid value.

But I'm not, and this time around we bought a Mustang... :cheers:

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
They didn’t post times because it would have shown that either that Stinger was tuned or that they were about a second slower with the Mustang than other media outlets. The guy in the white shirt is obviously biased, comes across as a real snowflake.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
The Stinger is a perfect car for all the dudes that have kiddies to haul around in the back seat. Beats a minivan or an SUV. Get to have a little practicality with a taste of performance.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
My biggest issue with the Stinger is some of the fake vents and accents. Otherwise it's a great car and Kia has pulled itself out of being a bit of a joke into a serious automotive contender. If they get rid of the fake parts and the Kia badging (like Ford does with the Mustang) it would look a bit better.

I didn't detect any bias. He even seemed to enjoy driving the Mustang more on the track. He is also spot on when it comes to interiors of American cars, which have not made much progress since the late 1980s. The Mustang has one of the nicest interiors in the American lineup but it still falls short of average cars from Europe and potentially now Korea.

Last edited:

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
Having driven a fully loaded Stinger GT and stomped the gas, I call MAJOR BULL on this video and any video that makes claims like this. The Stinger is quick for a sedan. It's probably the best car I've ever driven. But, one thing it is not is faster than any 400+ hp GT mustang. It does not have pin you to the seat acceleration. 4.7s 0-60 is the best you could do in ideal conditions.
Sponsored