Sponsored

Recaros vs Non-Recaros

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Hi guys,

I'm on the hunt for a 2018 GT350...but was wondering which seats I should opt for. I like the look of the recaros, but am curious about the ventilated/heated seats. How well do they work? I had heated/cooled seats in my C7 and they didn't particularly work too well...I could only feel a slight breeze on max when I sat "forward" in my seat. As for the heating feature, also on max, it was barely noticeable. Especially compared to my Acura and GTI.

Anyone have any observations/suggestions?

Thanks!

-M
Sponsored

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
IME, the seats cool and heat well. What's your intended use for the car? Cruising, daily, autocross/track?

I plan on using it mainly for weekend cruising, almost daily perhaps and occasional track days.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hmm..probably suggest the convenience package seats then. IMHO, the Recaros are the better choice when you are canyon driving OR want to use a 4pt harness. If you get serious about tracking, a competition seat should go in regardless if you have Recaros or the leather seats.

I felt the leather seats are more comfortable for cruising and the cooling functionality is great for windows down in the summer. They're plenty supportive for every day things.

FWIW, I didn't feel the Recaros were that much more supportive with a standard 3pt belt on track. Both will allow you to get flung around the car.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
I'm trying to weigh in the pluses/minuses.

I know the mrs. is not a fan of leather, so the alcantara would win there....BUT she is a fan of heated seats...and I'm sure ingress/egress is easier on the conveniance seats?

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm trying to weigh in the pluses/minuses.

I know the mrs. is not a fan of leather, so the alcantara would win there....BUT she is a fan of heated seats...and I'm sure ingress/egress is easier on the conveniance seats?
There's quite a bit of alcantara on the leather seats. The leather is only the sides, bolsters and back. The entire part you sit on is alcantara, so nice and soft. And yeah, plus they're powered. But the Recaros aren't that hard either.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Ingress and egress is much easier with the convenience seats. I agree about being flung about on track days with the Recaros. They are very supportive, but not a true competition seat if you are really pushing things. What I did find, however is the Alcantara is actually very warm on the few cold days I have driven the car. The tight fit combined with the Alcantara material warm the seat quickly with your own body heat. The Alcantara is pretty forgiving on hot days as well. I have had cooled seats in other cars that never really worked.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
So far it seems like a win-win situation, huh? :D

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
The convenience package is the way to go if you're not doing that much tracking. The heated/cooled seats are great and more comfortable, IMHO. (I drive my GT350 during cold weather in the Northeast, and the heated seats were a must.) Getting in and out of the GT350 with Recaros is tough because of the high bolsters. You need to move the seat all the way back to get in/out comfortably.

However, the convenience package cars are harder to find. Not as many made.

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
On the convenience seats only the cushions are heated and cooled, not the backrest, but both conditions work well. The power feature and adjustability make them the most comfortable option for a daily driver. I have had a pro driver take my tech pack around the track and his opinion is the conveneince seats provide plenty of support for occasional track days or spirited driving.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I've sat in both but mine has the Recaros. The heated and cooled seats are nice and comfortable. They actually cool very well. Never tried the heater on them. I prefer the Recaros because of the fit to my body frame, and they are comfortable to in my opinion.

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Damn. You guys aren’t making this any easier. I love it.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
My 16 GT cooling function didn’t work well, but looks like they have that fixed now. Idc about heated seated as i am badly hot natured.

I’m with Tomster in that the recaros feel special and go with the car, i actually think they’re comfy too. My GF misses the heated seats, but we are both strapped in nicely for 2.5hr drives to the lake.

If i were to get another GT, i’d be getting recaros in it too

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Damn. You guys aren’t making this any easier. I love it.
I don't think you will be disappointed either way you go. The Electronics package will be a little cheaper than the Convenience Package if that helps, or so I've seen with GT350'$......
Sponsored