Sponsored

FORScan Codes - S550 Mustangs

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I've been reading several FORSCAN-related threads on this Forum (it's been raining a lot in East TN) and have not seen a single-point collection for all the FORSCAN Codes available to us S550 owners (look at the Fusion or F-150 Forums and you will see they have a great collection of FORSCAN codes for their platforms.)

So to that end, I'm putting together a spreadsheet which shows the FORSCAN codes we may be able to use to modify/customize our S550 rides. Please bear with me as I continue to update this thread with the spreadsheet (I'm still reading multiple threads collecting the info and I know there are updates for Speedo corrections, tire sizes, etc.)

THANKS and credit goes to: [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION], [MENTION=23778]AngelDeath[/MENTION], [MENTION=8977]fionic[/MENTION], [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION], [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] (and many others) for all the ground-breaking work they've done to track down these codes and help others to learn about FORSCAN. I'm just here to collect the info in one place and make it easier for us to track the codes.

Please post on this thread (or PM me) any new codes or corrections that you may have...it is helpful if you post/PM the code change in the following format (this is an example): IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx - default/as built data, IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 5xxx xxxx enabled , then a Description of what change did.

NOTE: This thread is not intended to answer questions such as: What is FORSCAN? Where do I download FORSCAN? What OBD device should I get? etc. Please use the Forum's search function for those type of questions. This thread should be to add/correct/remove FORSCAN codes that affect our S550s and to answer questions of what some of the codes/functions change in our vehicles.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JsjNNLuEvLQa7PEcSN7v6AjN_t9rWvz0npQpcBbU_u0/edit?usp=sharing
Sponsored

Last edited:

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks! I got to start looking into Forscan as well.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Updated with the following:

Stereo Extended Play - Adjust how long you want your radio to play before turning off
Secure Idle (Automatics only) - If car is running and you remove the fob, shifter can't be moved from Park
Turn Signal - # of flashes for lane change - if you quick/temporary move turn signal indicator, you can modify how many flashes before it turns off
VIN # - where to see the VIN # in the BCM Module

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Is it possible for ForScan to modify things in the lcd dash? If so I might start digging into that.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Should this be a sticky????? Maybe????:shrug:

Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
I'm guessing you missed this whole thread where this is already taking place?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96464 Might want to get with [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] if you have anything he doesnt have already.
X2 I was about to say the same thing.

This is the real Forscan thread that is sticky in DIY section. It has almost everything that can be done. Some not listed but those are on the F150 spreadsheet

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Last edited:
OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I'm guessing you missed this whole thread where this is already taking place?
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96464 Might want to get with [MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] if you have anything he doesnt have already.
I’ve seen that thread and from what I’ve read, the thread you listed is for gathering as many data points (as-built info) as possible to help in deciphering the codes for FORSCAN. The list I’m putting together is for people who are familiar with FORSCAN and want to look up specific changes they can make...all of those changes listed in one document.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
X2 I was about to say the same thing.

This is the real Forscan thread that is sticky in DIY section. It has almost everything that can be done. Some not listed but those are on the F150 spreadsheet

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773
Funny you list this thread...this is what got me thinking about gathering all of the FORSCAN changes in one easily accessible thread.

Have you read the entire 151 pages? LOL It seems that a couple of lists were started in that thread, but then stopped. I’m collecting those FORSCAN changes, and other changes from 3 other forum threads (along with reviewing the F150/Fusion/Explorer/Expedition forums) to have one document that lists those changes.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Funny you list this thread...this is what got me thinking about gathering all of the FORSCAN changes in one easily accessible thread.

Have you read the entire 151 pages? LOL It seems that a couple of lists were started in that thread, but then stopped. I’m collecting those FORSCAN changes, and other changes from 3 other forum threads (along with reviewing the F150/Fusion/Explorer/Expedition forums) to have one document that lists those changes.
please see the spreadsheet in my sig. there may be a newer one that someone else has made since in the diy thread already posted (also in my sig). reminder that these are control module value changes, not really codes.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I have the impression that [MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION]’s spreadsheet is a bit more up-to-date.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
please see the spreadsheet in my sig. there may be a newer one that someone else has made since in the diy thread already posted (also in my sig). reminder that these are control module value changes, not really codes.
Your beginning work on these FORSCAN changes (your second signature spreadsheet) is what started me on this collection effort. AngelDeath's thread and you taking on the initial collection is nothing short of great.

As that thread progressed, more and more codes (changes) were noted but did not make it onto your list (your first signature spreadsheet.) Nothing wrong on your part, we all get overtaken by events sometimes.

After reading the 151 pages I thought I could help the Mustang 6G community by collecting this information (along with the GT350 data) and place it on page 1 of a FORSCAN titled thread...so when folks use the Forum search function they would be able to find the info quickly.

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes doing this project...I'm retired and have a lot of time on my hands, so just trying to help.

Thanks.

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
Here is one I've been looking for..

"I installed a set of switchback LED turn signals recently, love the new lights, quickly got tired of the hyper-flashing indicator in the car. Santa brought me an OBDLink MX and I got Forscan installed and licensed. Today I tried my hand with Forscan and got the hyper-flashing turn signal indicator turned off.

727-27-01
Before: x1xx xxxx xxxx
After: x0xx xxxx xxxx

I found the info here: S550 Guru - Disable signal hyperflashing and can confirm it turns off hyper-flashing on my 2017 GT premium. Someone else posted this link earlier but I couldn't find the post to thank them.

Forscan is an interesting tool, I plan on playing with it some more in the future. To all the pioneers who blazed the trail, a big hat tip....
__________________"
Plagiarized and Courtesy of catchthecarp
Sponsored