Sponsored

Ordered Performance Pack 2

pspc271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a 2018 soon
So now the hard part begins, I ordered my 19 Performance Pack 2 car yesterday. I was initially expecting a 6 to 8 week wait but was told that due to a national back order of PP2 parts it wont even start to be build until October! Hopefully I can find a way to not go crazy waiting that long :headbonk:
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Wow! That's a crazy wait time! I was bummed that the pigtails for my Active Exhaust mod project were back ordered until 2-AUG, but jeez!

Good luck!

JR

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
So now the hard part begins, I ordered my 19 Performance Pack 2 car yesterday. I was initially expecting a 6 to 8 week wait but was told that due to a national back order of PP2 parts it wont even start to be build until October! Hopefully I can find a way to not go crazy waiting that long :headbonk:
WOW. I ordered a PP2 mid June and still unscheduled. If mine won't be built till Oct that will drive me crazy.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Ford was looking to limit production of the PP2's to about 1,500. I don't know if that was for the short MY18 or any year as long as the package is available.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Ford was looking to limit production of the PP2's to about 1,500. I don't know if that was for the short MY18 or any year as long as the package is available.
I hope not. I read in MY2018 1% of mustangs built were PP2. If not sure if that was all or just GTs. But puts that close to 800.

Sponsored

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
took 3.5 months to get my 18 pp2. ordered 3/5 and took delivery 6/14. so your a good month longer than my wait but hopefully they get parts sooner for your build.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
If you're planning to...

a) not want recaros
b) immediately swap out the SC2 tires

Just get the PP1. The PP2 isn't worth the wait all things considered.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
If you're planning to...

a) not want recaros

Why do you say that about recaro seats? They are an add on option even with the pp2. Reason I went pp2 is the price on top of the pp1 with magnitude was minimal. And for the wheels and stiffer equipment and tuning its worth it. I dislike the pp1 wheels but really like pp2 ones.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Ah, I didn't read the "Premium" part on your profile. And actually, never mind. I guess they changed this for 2019MY. The 2018MY 301A PP2 could be had with cloth recaros at no extra charge, looks like it's $1,500 for the 2019MY. It was a freebie draw to get PP2 for those who didn't want a premium car, but now it's a wash....that would actually make PP2 even less desirable now.

I guess the bottom line is the PP2 car will overheat as quick as a PP1 car, the small tuning differences to the magneride will not likely make a huge difference. The wheels do look much better and are more useful with the better tires, but many buyers swap the tires because they are too sticky for DD stuff. In the end, it's a better looking/slightly more expensive PP1.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Only reason I dont want recaro seats is that where I live with black interior I would rather have the a.c. ventilated seats. I may upgrade if I find some want to keep the ventilated seats,

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I wish you could select the PP2 wheels as an option, like you can with the forged wheels.

B/c I'm interested in a PP1 with A10, and PP2 wheels.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I wish you could select the PP2 wheels as an option, like you can with the forged wheels.

B/c I'm interested in a PP1 with A10, and PP2 wheels.
Just go aftermarket. The PP2 wheels are ridiculously heavy and then you aren’t wasting money on PSC2s

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I'd start searching the market for PP2s sitting on lots. There are some out there, most are probably 18's but I bet some 19s show up. A few dealers that have been ordering them for stock out there. What color and options were you looking for. Love my PP2, no regrets, and it will be 6 months old this month.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Ordered mine on 4/11, latest update is EDD of 7/30. So, there ya go on about how long.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
If you're planning to...

a) not want recaros

It was worth it to me. Mainly because it's only a tiny bit more and you get stiffer springs and swaybars; which will come in handy whenever I start adding power - the suspension is already built up a bit. I was already going to get magneride; and 401A.

The wheels and tires that come with it will be stowed for track/hpde. I've already got all-seasons on AMR dark stainless wheels for daily driving; ding one of those rims won't hurt so much. I may get another set of wheels (HRE maybe) and summer tires should I want more stick later; then I've got all my bases covered...
Sponsored