Sponsored

Who's got the new 2018 coming?

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Are the '18's as twitchy on throttle as the '17's were?

I test drove a 2017 GT auto (not sure what mode I was in) and the throttle was super twitchy....tiny bumps would cause rpm changes as my foot moved on the pedal. Afterwards it occurred to me that the car might have had a pedal commander installed (it had been modified, the demo had a Roush exhaust fitted).
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.

I test drove a 2017 GT auto (not sure what mode I was in) and the throttle was super twitchy....tiny bumps would cause rpm changes as my foot moved on the pedal. Afterwards it occurred to me that the car might have had a pedal commander installed (it had been modified, the demo had a Roush exhaust fitted).
I thought the 18 felt pretty smooth to me.

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT manual MagneRide Recaros. Ordered
Good to hear that at least some of you guys are getting your cars at last, and that those who are upgrading from the previous model concur with my thoughts that the upgrade is a significant one.

In terms of unexpected specification, did the Aussie fastback get a subwoofer? How about heated steering wheel? I’m actually not sure if they are on the NZ spec list now or not, but we ordered the '18 blind and were surprised when it came with those as they weren’t on our '16 fastback.
Yep both. Stereo is very good! Start button pulses too, only just noticed it. One of the reviews said it didn’t.

Last edited:

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Not sure about the 17s as i only spent one day in one (auto) but i just drove 200 ks in mine and it’s very dependent on the modes and I haven’t pushed it yet. So frustrating running this thing in, just want to hammer it but I’m being vigilant as I’ll keep it forever... <50% throttle vary load etc.. it’s like having a supermodel in front of you and only allowed to pat her head!

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my 18MY Lightening Blue Manual GT fastback with Forged alloys last Saturday. Have to say 100% better than my 2016 GT.

have to say if you are tossing up if it's worth it. Absolutely!
Congrats Cobra!

I came from an R34 so can’t compare but you’ve chosen a wicked colour, i got very close to changing to yours or Kona blue, absolutely adore mine but they won’t discontinue magnetic, yours though will be quite rare, well played!

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
How do you find the manual transmission?

My Bullitt will see me back to a manual after many years!

Thx

Cobra - RJN1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2018 GT Manual
Good to hear that at least some of you guys are getting your cars at last, and that those who are upgrading from the previous model concur with my thoughts that the upgrade is a significant one.

In terms of unexpected specification, did the Aussie fastback get a subwoofer? How about heated steering wheel? I’m actually not sure if they are on the NZ spec list now or not, but we ordered the '18 blind and were surprised when it came with those as they weren’t on our '16 fastback.
I can confirm the Aussie spec cars have subwoofer and heater steering wheel.

Just a quicker, more refined car. So worth the upgrade.

gMit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ
Not sure about the 17s as i only spent one day in one (auto) but i just drove 200 ks in mine and it’s very dependent on the modes and I haven’t pushed it yet. So frustrating running this thing in, just want to hammer it but I’m being vigilant as I’ll keep it forever... <50% throttle vary load etc.. it’s like having a supermodel in front of you and only allowed to pat her head!

What's the break in period like, 1000 miles engine and transmission?

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Yep both. Stereo is very good! Start button pulses too, only just noticed it. One of the reviews said it didn’t.
Interesting about the pulsing start button. I haven’t noticed ours doing that. Is it obvious in daylight or only if it’s a bit dark?

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
[MENTION=28788]Five Red Lights[/MENTION] can you tell us what digital gauge options you have available to select?

Cheers. (btw, Ayrton was the greatest driver that ever lived. When he died F1 lost an exceptional talent, but the world lost a great, great man).

Five Red Lights

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=28788]Five Red Lights[/MENTION] can you tell us what digital gauge options you have available to select?

Cheers. (btw, Ayrton was the greatest driver that ever lived. When he died F1 lost an exceptional talent, but the world lost a great, great man).
Hey Jimmy,

Nothing the U.S model doesn’t have as far as i’m aware.
All the track apps, drag strip, launch etc.

One thing i think they should’ve put in is blind spot monitoring, normally I don’t care for such features but I have Recaros and i think it may be the same with the regular seats but I struggle to see past the B pillar on the drivers side (passenger side is fine) I sit pretty close to the wheel so that probably doesn’t help but this car needs it. No rear cross traffic alert either. Small things, who cares, the car is fkn wicked!

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat

Nope. It’s perfect. But in Sports mode or Sports plus it is very sharp - like it should.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Still yet to spot a 2018 :(
Not mine but the one in the foreground is the same as mine. This was taken at a dealers day attended, by my salesman on the Gold Coast last week.
Dealers Day.jpg
Sponsored