Sponsored

2018 GT ticking intermittently

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Much to your dismay I believe only 2.
Lol much to my dismay? It's just funny to me that people like you will keep saying the noises are just perfectly fine and yet Ford keeps buying them back or putting new engines in the cars. Keep putting your head in the sand like ostriches.

Congrats! You gonna play Russian roulette and get another Mustake?

That's 4 buybacks. [MENTION=31610]Entai[/MENTION]ie [MENTION=34968]bigriver[/MENTION] @ Madtwos [MENTION=11314]Storm728[/MENTION]
You forgot [MENTION=33633]17LightningGT[/MENTION]
Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Lol much to my dismay? It's just funny to me that people like you will keep saying the noises are just perfectly fine and yet Ford keeps buying them back or putting new engines in the cars. Keep putting your head in the sand like ostriches.
Show me where I said that? I've said the noises all sound alike and there may be many causes - some catastrophic and some normal. If anything the noises should be documented.

But unlike people like you who don't actually own a Mustang and constantly post negative things, I have a vested interest in finding the root cause especially since I have one of the noises which I believe to be HP fuel system related.

Ford sold, what 50k Mustangs now and bought back 4. Or less than .01% - sounds like good odds to me.

Might I suggest a Mopar forum for you? Being a Mopar, it's guaranteed that they probably have plenty of issues for you to research and comment on.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Surprised that it is just 4. Even if they buy mine back, i would definetly go with another mustang. But probably I will wait for the 19s. :thumbsup:
I dont like chevy and i hate mopars.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Show me where I said that? I've said the noises all sound alike and there may be many causes - some catastrophic and some normal. If anything the noises should be documented.

But unlike people like you who don't actually own a Mustang and constantly post negative things, I have a vested interest in finding the root cause especially since I have one of the noises which I believe to be HP fuel system related.

Ford sold, what 50k Mustangs now and bought back 4. Or less than .01% - sounds like good odds to me.

Might I suggest a Mopar forum for you? Being a Mopar, it's guaranteed that they probably have plenty of issues for you to research and comment on.
First of all, I'm here to give my experience and advice to people and I've helped numerous members with issues that were similar to mine. You can try to insult and make fun of my car all you want. It's your right. I urge you to go on those forums and see just how few engine issues you'll find for the 6.4.

Sponsored

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First of all, I'm here to give my experience and advice to people and I've helped numerous members with issues that were similar to mine.
So then which 2018 issue do you have that you are here to help with? Or is it just to post lots of negative stuff and stir the pot?

I urge you to go on those forums and see just how few engine issues you'll find for the 6.4.
Considering the #'s of 5.0's Ford sells (remember it's also basically the same engine in the F150) there are also very few engine issues.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The title of this thread is "2018 GT ticking intermittently"....

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
got the car back today, no tick. Ford told me I could keep and drive the car until the process was complete however I need to figure out a way to get my wheels and tires off and replaced with something else. Anyone want to trade their old pp wheels and tires for a brand new set when I get my next stang :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Try ebay? I know I've seen cheap factory PP1 wheels there.
thanks, i thought it would be cool to be able to hook someone up with a brand new set of pp wheels and tires for letting me "borrow" their old ones but nobody i know still has theirs. But whatever comes first, noway am i sending the car off with my wheels and tires

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
thanks, i thought it would be cool to be able to hook someone up with a brand new set of pp wheels and tires for letting me "borrow" their old ones but nobody i know still has theirs. But whatever comes first, noway am i sending the car off with my wheels and tires
Just curious, how does it work if you don't have the stock wheels?

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
I don’t even need to pass by a wall now. It is audible in normal driving. Taking it to the dealer asap. Hopefully they dont say normal again. the video recorded at 21mph cruise control in 3rd gear

I am gonna shoot for vehicle replacement too.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Just curious, how does it work if you don't have the stock wheels?
you need to get a used set to return the car with if you want to keep your aftermarket ones

Ive actually found that the buyback is more lucrative than the replacement.
As far as I understand the replacement is just a vehicle with equal or greater msrp but anything more expensive is your responsibility to pay. I think they can charge for the mileage offset but not sure if they do, also no incentives or rebates are taken into account.

With the buyback I can get a couple grand back from what i put down, in addition the rebates available now for an 18 or 19 are 3x what they were when I bought the 18. Not to mention ford rav has informed me of an additional 1500 that i will receive on top of everything else if I buy another ford.
In my specific situation I will end up paying a good amount less than I did with my 18 for the 19 im getting due in part to the fact I have access to a lot more moneys worth of rebates this time around, thats just me though.

Last edited:

sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
Service writer said they confirmed it was bottom end related and that Ford knows about it and has a special service bulletin in regards to it,

What was the TSB number you mentioned the service writer confirming that Ford acknowledged in post 31?
Sponsored