Sponsored

Need some assistance from someone that can read logs

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What are you using to log boost?

Cat deletes don't change boost. (been there done that)

I am willing to bet you have three things leading to your error in PSI.
1) the method of whats logging it, and how the sensor reads
2) weather.. ambient pressure and temp, effect boost a little.
3) Max RPM, or maybe belt tension, dirty filter, etc.
Why would u say cat deletes don't affect boost,are u saying that boost would be the same with someone that has stock cats and someone who has cat deletes.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Why would u say cat deletes don't affect boost,are u saying that boost would be the same with someone that has stock cats and someone who has cat deletes.
I am saying most peoples equipment isn't good enough to really log the (small) amount of change from removing the cats.

You would have to have a gauge that can account for changes in weather and zero that factor out. (same reason cars do a BARO check, before understanding what "boost" is inside of the manifold)

I have done cats and no cats on the same day, same dyno, using lab grade test equipment, and it accounted for less then the variation in dyno run error. (AKA: nothing) at the power level of 700rwhp

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I would say it really depends on blower and setup. Looking at an efficiency graph and plotting your pressure ratio and air flow and seeing where you are as far as blower efficiency and where you might end up with more air flow, keeping in mind the pressure ratio is going to move toward path of least resistance in efficiency. You would have to have your setup at a pretty extreme part of the map to see big difference.

Check belt tension and condition, make sure it's not belt slip.
I'll have to look at the log later, but sounds like they are okay.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I am saying most peoples equipment isn't good enough to really log the (small) amount of change from removing the cats.

You would have to have a gauge that can account for changes in weather and zero that factor out. (same reason cars do a BARO check, before understanding what "boost" is inside of the manifold)

I have done cats and no cats on the same day, same dyno, using lab grade test equipment, and it accounted for less then the variation in dyno run error. (AKA: nothing) at the power level of 700rwhp
And we are talking about stock cats not hi flow cats!!.No power difference I find hard to believe,and I'm not just referring to.boost levels but also heat generated.Now maybe it does not affect boost as much as most think but I don't believe for one second that their is no rwhp difference when running stock cats then doing cat deletes even on the same day same dynoo.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
At 5500 RPM your load started to drop. That's not normal for a pro charger unless you have a waste gate setup. usually it climbs all the way to 1.6 or higher. I would guess belt slip. Your fuel trims do not indicate a boost leak. All you have to do is listen for belt slip, you should be able to hear it.

Boost looks like its constantly increasing which is normal.
SolarFlare chart.PNG
SolarFlare boost.PNG

Last edited:

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
The bov taps off of the vacuum like that comes from the catch can. Not sure if catch can in the mix is affecting the bov operation.
I hope that's not how you hooked it up....it should be teed into a vac line close to the intake mani. Same with boost box, and boost gauge.

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I hope that's not how you hooked it up....it should be teed into a vac line close to the intake mani. Same with boost box, and boost gauge.
That was my mistake. Rechecked and it’s not.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Comparing your cats vs no cats logs:
Boost is down .25-.5 PSI.
MAF is up until above 6000 RPM.
IAT is 40* cooler in the newer logs, given that and the cat deletes I would have expected MAF and boost to be higher all around.

The old log is the one that gets to a higher peak load.
solar flare MAF new vs old.png
SolarFlare old v new boost.PNG

OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Comparing your cats vs no cats logs:
Boost is down .25-.5 PSI.
MAF is up until above 6000 RPM.
IAT is 40* cooler in the newer logs, given that and the cat deletes I would have expected MAF and boost to be higher all around.

The old log is the one that gets to a higher peak load.
Yea. With cats log was on the dyno 4th gear pull and it was about mid to high 80s. No cars logs I sent at the track it was right around 60* maybe a tad lower. I expected to see slightly higher boost with that kinda difference in DA. So there’s definitely a slightly drop in load from 5 months ago to now and also a drop in maf lbs above 6000.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
What type of plugs? How old are the plugs? What do you have them Gapped at?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What type of plugs? How old are the plugs? What do you have them Gapped at?
6510s at 30. They were put in with kit in February, about 6k miles.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
No signs of the intake tube collapsing?