Sponsored

Steeda or BMR for IRS

2016s550gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Stuck between steeda and BMR. I already have the steeda differential insert bushings and steeda IRS bushing support. Was looking into buying the steeda sub frames braces or the BMR cradle lock out. Wondering if I should start switching to BMR or continue with steeda
Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
BMR Ftw

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda IRS braces will compliment your system perfectly with no increase in NVH.
Plus, it gives the chassis and rear IRS subframe great structural support.

Also,, Lots of Customers have reported a decrease in production drive line vibration between 50 and 70
mph

Do a search Steeda IRS subframe support and see all the great reviews.

Mike D

Last edited:

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
BMR all the things! lol.

but seriously BMR only!

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, for what you have into your car and where you want to go I would suggest getting the Steeda braces.

You are going to get a lot of opinions as this is a pretty loaded question lol.

I have love and respect for both companies. I have been a lifelong Steeda guy and came to know Kelly and BMR only in the last 2 years. Steeda has been a rock solid choice for me over the years and Kelly is (to me) the voice of BMR who is also a great person. He has helped me too many times to count as has Steeda. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either, I would only suggest you do your research and make your own decisions.

I started my 2015 build with Steeda parts, the whole IRS package. For some reason I could not completely rid the wheel hop although it was 90% better. Being the determined person I am I contacted Kelly and slowly replaced everything with BMR parts hoping to rid the hop but guess what? Still had it. Some will argue BMR cradle lock out is king but honestly it wasn't for me. Doesn't mean its not good or not better it just isn't the be all end all that some people preach. I can say the same about Steeda parts so please don't misunderstand my intentions. People come here to find things out and I feel I'm doing a disservice if I don't speak the truth about what I went through.

My findings were this:

1. I had pretty much the same outcome as far as wheel hop with both companies but the nod goes to Steeda.
2. BMR parts will total less spending in the end (not a factor to me, I want best outcome)
3. BMR & Steeda have TOP NOTCH customer service
4. I had zero NVH with Steeda
5. I had a marginal increase in NVH with BMR
6. To me, the Steeda braces are the cream of the crop and worth staying Steeda

I just want to add, I was looking for "streetability" not track/drag performance. I tried diff inserts but hated the NVH so they came out. I want the best "street" performance with ZERO NVH and for me the best setup is Steeda.

I am not saying Steeda is not good for the track or BMR is not streetable, I'm saying for me Steeda gave me the best streetability with zero NVH and is why I am using all Steeda parts. There are tons of people with great success with BMR and I believe they even have the "fastest" car in drag world. You never hear anyone saying they have the "most streetable car with zero NVH" you only hear "our cars are the fastest"

To sum it up, decide what are your priorities, do your research and get buying parts :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
From what I've read in other suspension threads, BMR makes some high quality stuff. I can't/won't bash them because I've never used any of their components, and honestly never heard anything bad about their parts. However, Steeda makes equally high end stuff. I have several of their products on my car and can readily say they've delivered the results they were designed to do. They've never broke, cracked, bent, or underperformed. Ever. My car handles ridiculously well, and their customer service has been top shelf.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
From previous posts, I must say that BMR and Steeda have been very civilized in their competition. Even going so far as making their parts compatible. You can't go wrong with either setup, flip a coin or roll the dice, you will be happy with either choice.

Disclosure, I have BMR mustang parts, and had lots of Steeda on my ST.

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
I personally have used Steeda. I'm doing a set of Differential bushing inserts and IRS Brace install soon

Sponsored

warriorsfan177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP; 2016 GT350 Track Pack
i purchased some steeda braces and the driver side went on great and fit wonderfully. However, the passenger side was a different story. I made sure everything was lined up and even left the driver side loose but still couldn't get it to fit. Long story short one of the brace mounting points was off by a couple of mm's and i just couldn't get it on. I called and they didn't really help me so i just cut and re-welded it in the proper place. I'm sure it was an anomaly and I'm not that worried about it. they work great. Customer service was disappointing though. (not to mention my steeda splitter not fitting at all/miss drilled. They didn't help me on that one either.) The rest of my car is all BMR and its fit and finish is perfect. Diff locks add a lot of NVH but thats just how its going to be.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think it's great that you've actually gotten some very good feedback and neutral responses. Asking a question like that, how can you hope for more than fan boy responses? Like a couple others mentioned, I have a lot of respect for both Steeda and BMR. They are both great companies providing great products to help us build or personalize our Mustang.

I've done quite a bit of modification on my last 3 Mustangs and have had parts from both companies. However, I like to first decide what it is I want out of the car and then evaluate which I think has the best solution for my specific needs. Then stick with that company for the most part to benefit from any engineering synergies, planned or otherwise.

Getting my S550 early (2015), I found Steeda had designed and engineered and built in the USA some very nice upgrade components and their support was fantastic and very willing to help guide me. It seemed for the most part, the BMR parts would come a little later. That isn't a bad thing if you're building later after both have solutions available. In the end, you have to make your own decision. I'd recommend first think long term, what do you really want to do with your car. Then contact both companies and hear how they can help you. But to open up a popularity contest and get lame answers like X-Company Rules! Only buy X! You get all the fan boys that haven't really compared and have no real idea. They bought X so they think X is the best.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I think it's great that you've actually gotten some very good feedback and neutral responses. Asking a question like that, how can you hope for more than fan boy responses? Like a couple others mentioned, I have a lot of respect for both Steeda and BMR. They are both great companies providing great products to help us build or personalize our Mustang.

I've done quite a bit of modification on my last 3 Mustangs and have had parts from both companies. However, I like to first decide what it is I want out of the car and then evaluate which I think has the best solution for my specific needs. Then stick with that company for the most part to benefit from any engineering synergies, planned or otherwise.

Getting my S550 early (2015), I found Steeda had designed and engineered and built in the USA some very nice upgrade components and their support was fantastic and very willing to help guide me. It seemed for the most part, the BMR parts would come a little later. That isn't a bad thing if you're building later after both have solutions available. In the end, you have to make your own decision. I'd recommend first think long term, what do you really want to do with your car. Then contact both companies and hear how they can help you. But to open up a popularity contest and get lame answers like X-Company Rules! Only buy X! You get all the fan boys that haven't really compared and have no real idea. They bought X so they think X is the best.
Well put. Having both Steeda and BMR designing and releasing quality products keeps them both on their toes to stay neck and neck with each other. They keep doing that, we win.

Fridge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Manual w/PP
Use both. I use steeds cradle alignment sleeves with BMR cradle lockout kit. I'm also using BMR diff lockout and BMR springs. BMR had what I was looking for type of spring/spring rate but everybody has different needs. If you have questions about what you might need there's lots to be found here on this website but if call you BMR, kellie will answer any questions you might have.
Sponsored