Sponsored

Time for new tires on my 2015 GT, suggestions?

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The Firehawk Indy, for example, has a treadwear rating of 340, while the tires I'm considering have a rating of 560. The Indy is a nice tire, for sure (my brother just put a set on his V6 S197) but I'm more interested in durability and "shoulder season" performance. Price is also a consideration. The Indy is almost $1300 CDN for a set of four. Those Nexen tires I mentioned above are a shade under $840. They're much cheaper and should last longer. Sounds like a win-win to me.
As far as treadwear ratings work, I believe they are calculated as a comparison to other tires within that brand's range of tires.
So the 340 tread wear of the Firestone's might actually be a lot closer to the 560 of the Nexen's than you think.
Also try quattrotires.com, very good/reputable and cheap online tire retailer for Canada.
When I was shopping for summer tires they had the best prices. I got 4 Indy 500's, in extremely wide sizes (285, 325), for ~$950 CAD shipped.

Not forcing you to get Indy's, just some food for thought and a helpful link to a retailer. :cheers:
Sponsored