GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Formatted exFAT. I’ve done about 4 factory resets, but haven’t done one since my last failure. I brought the USB drive to work with me. Will report back after doing another master reset and trying again.

Edit: Alright man. Time to wait for 3.0. I just think my non-nav unit is having serious issues trying to install 2.3. I spent $30 bucks in flash drives that I cannot return and it’s just been a waste of time. Thanks for your help though, brother.
you can always use that usb for future updates dont worry its not wasted..

P.S why did you pay $30 for 64GB when 128GB is that price? you can still return it and get this

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-el...e-a-flash-drive-black/3198009.p?skuId=3198009
Sponsored

OP
OP

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I have successfully updated to the v2.3 on my non-nav unit in my sync 3 swapped '15. I got the download from the ford owner website from my donor car's VIN.

I used a 64gb Samsung usb 3.0 thumbdrive. It took about 30 minutes to update. So the non-nav units can be updated.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't understand whatsoever the requirement for 32GB+

ahornsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Eco Boost Premium
I am hoping you might be able to help me. I've searched all the pages and pages of threads but can't seem to locate how to solve this problem. I just bought a 2016 Mustang that had Sync 3 but version 1. I went to ford site and downloaded v2.3. Everything installed, but now my voice activation button on the steering wheel won't work and none of the new features show up like Android Auto or anything. What is weird is that it says Version 2.3 on the main screeen. I feel like something just didn't finish updating correctly. Any idea of what I should do. The dealership tried just installing 2.3 again from their computer but that didn't work either. They just want to replace the apim for big bucks. Do I just deal with it till the official non-bug 3.0 comes out? Just an FYI, I have the non-nav version.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was able to go from Sync 3 1.0 non Nav to 2.3 non Nav tonight.

Used an old Cruzer 8gb usb 2.0.

The 64gb new SanDisk usb 3.0 wouldn't work.
Sponsored