Sponsored

“Everything has been said…”

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
“…but not everyone has said it” Mo Udall

This forum is great for learning, sharing experiences, debating (OK, arguing) and exploring everything imaginable about the 2015-2016 GT350. Now that I am a few days (and roughly 500 miles) into having the car in my possession, and able to share the experience as others have been so kind to do, Mr. Udall’s statement rings loudly and clearly. The release of MY2017 data further amplifies Mo's statement.

Still, I refuse to believe that the horse is ready for the glue factory. So, hopefully I can avoid repetition and figure out an approach that fellow enthusiasts will find interesting. Here it goes: oh yeah, and NO talking about “our” favorite topic—limp mode! LOL—kidding…kinda…but not really :)

A train ride is a train ride, although trains that can hit upwards of 300km per hour seem specially made for picking up GT350s! Quick shot after slowing to 160kph (100 mph).
Train to Bremerhaven.jpg

Nervous moment #1, car inspection. Read so much about misaligned panels and paint boogers… Whether it’s a big deal or not, based on what I’ve learned from others on the forum, I wanted everything recorded in order to maintain the option of having Ford fix it later. Mechanical is easy. It either works or doesn’t, but I knew if I missed any exterior flaw I would have a hard time proving later that I didn’t cause it during the long drive home. Fortunately, the car was in great condition and the prep crew was awesome (found a few flaws that will be pointed in later postings). I was particularly sensitive about the splitter, again because of what I’ve learned here. When I mentioned it to the prep team, the crew immediately put the car on the lift and let me inspect it, while they explained exactly how they had mounted it and pointed out each screw. What a fantastic group of guys! (Sorry for the blur. Can't figure out how to upload the video)
Undercarriage.jpg

Two of the 3 American-owned GT350s in Germany were being picked up at the same time. The main prep gentleman, standing to the right, deserves the Prep Dude of the Century Award! Goes the extra mile and truly takes pride in his work.
Pickup x 2.jpg

Prior to leaving the port, you have to clear customs, which also provides a great opportunity to park, pop on simple mods like Rock Blockers, and take a few “happy snaps.”
Port Call.jpg

Rock Blockers.jpg

Next post…info on the two (very basic) mods done in the port parking lot, varying RPMs on the backroads for the first 100+ miles, and overall impressions on Day 1—with a few happy snaps along the way…
Movement South.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats Caballus!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Congratulations Caballus from the great state of New Hampshire:coolphotos::usa:
Looking forward to hearing/ seeing the rest of your journey throughout Germany.

Oh man, can hardly imagine road tripping on the autobahn with the GT350! Good luck and hope you avoid many of the problems others have shared.

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Awesome. This is quite an adventure in more ways than one. I look forward to reading your posts and insights and especially how this car will handle and run Europe's roads. I have the same exact car and I am eager to read about your adventures.

Orange_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Competition Orange
Hey another fellow GT350 owner in Germany. I will pick mine up this Friday and can´t wait to drive it back to Düsseldorf. How are the reactions in Germany so far?

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Congratulations from the great white north eh.

Can't wait to read more comments and see more photos of your trip.

Report on possible limp mode. :p

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey another fellow GT350 owner in Germany. I will pick mine up this Friday and can´t wait to drive it back to Düsseldorf. How are the reactions in Germany so far?
Reactions are super positive. As much as I like trying to keep a low profile in public, it's impossible in this car. Everything that everyone has said about people stopping in their tracks to wave, smile, or just stare is as true here as it is in the States--or more so. As you well know, Ferraris are a dime a dozen here compared to this car. I spent the night at Sabine's hotel in Nürburg, and the car drew a lot of attention! More on that in a later post. Best of luck with Friday. Recommend on the drive back you stay off A1 until at least Osnabrück. Hard, but worth it during break-in. Looking forward to linking-up in the future.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Oh man, can hardly imagine road tripping on the autobahn with the GT350! Good luck and hope you avoid many of the problems others have shared.
I look forward to reading your posts and insights and especially how this car will handle and run Europe's roads.
Thanks x 2. It loves the Autobahn (it has emotions lol). I've got some video to post as soon as I can figure out how to upload it to the forum. Advice welcome.

Sponsored

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Thanks x 2. It loves the Autobahn (it has emotions lol). I've got some video to post as soon as I can figure out how to upload it to the forum. Advice welcome.
Congrats on the car. :cheers: Upload the videos to youtube and then you can paste the link into your post and it will embed.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Congrats on a great car. I have no doubt that it's going to be a lot of fun.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Reactions are super positive. As much as I like trying to keep a low profile in public, it's impossible in this car. Everything that everyone has said about people stopping in their tracks to wave, smile, or just stare is as true here as it is in the States--or more so. As you well know, Ferraris are a dime a dozen here compared to this car. I spent the night at Sabine's hotel in Nürburg, and the car drew a lot of attention! More on that in a later post. Best of luck with Friday. Recommend on the drive back you stay off A1 until at least Osnabrück. Hard, but worth it during break-in. Looking forward to linking-up in the future.
Tiergarten! Was around there last year.
Sponsored