Tire Pressure Monitor Fault

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Alright, this car is just falling apart on me. Today while driving to work I had this come on my screen:

1o3q4o.jpg

The sensors on this car are Ford OEM. Guess will be tracking this issue down... bumper-to-bumper warranty is gone.

So, just to recap, in the last 2 months I had these issues:

1. Discovered hood corrosion. Ford will not cover repair since I am out of warranty. Corrosion warranty is only if there is puncture in the metal.

2. Driver side started popping. Spindle nut was tightened by the dealer. (good will repair, would not be covered under warrant :D)

3. CEL. P0308 Cylinder 8 misfire detected. Did not have dealer look at it since if it was going to be a coil or spark plug, they would charge me $135 for diagnostics (not covered under powertrain warranty).

4. TPMS issue. Will see if I can fix this. Disconnected battery for about 10 minutes, that did not do anything. Will be looking over the repair manual to see if I can find a troubleshooting guide.

Seems like once my b2b warranty ended, this car has decided to just give up. I think it is time to let this thing go and move on to something else. :frusty: :mad:
Sponsored

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Ok, so I put the car into TPMS sensor relearn, but I do not have the relearn tool. I think that was enough for the system to reset and it started working again.... :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the relearn tool if you need it.

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Thanks, but it is actually functioning right now.

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hello,
I have the same thing going on. Prior to me installing my summer wheels and tires it was on. I thought that by installing a different wheel it made the icon come on. After driving for 100 miles it is still on. I went to the menu and notice that the icon showed only 34 psi to rear passenger tire and the other three tires was blanked. Can some one help me lol. I do not have a relearning tool . My car is out of warranty with 56000 miles.
Thank you

OP
OP
mindys

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Hello,
I have the same thing going on. Prior to me installing my summer wheels and tires it was on. I thought that by installing a different wheel it made the icon come on. After driving for 100 miles it is still on. I went to the menu and notice that the icon showed only 34 psi to rear passenger tire and the other three tires was blanked. Can some one help me lol. I do not have a relearning tool . My car is out of warranty with 56000 miles.
Thank you
Are your new set with OEM Ford sensors? They should be automatically detected by the car.
Sponsored