BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OK...I tried to soak up everything in this thread, but it's alot of info here. You guys that have the ATAK and have done the install, it seems I read and recall there's a revised version? Borla addressed the fitment issue at the exhaust tip with the valance? And also seems I recall revised/redesigned x-pipe section? Is there a way to tell if you're getting the updated system?

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
OK...I tried to soak up everything in this thread, but it's alot of info here. You guys that have the ATAK and have done the install, it seems I read and recall there's a revised version? Borla addressed the fitment issue at the exhaust tip with the valance? And also seems I recall revised/redesigned x-pipe section? Is there a way to tell if you're getting the updated system?
Replied to your private message.

-Josh

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Anyone put this system on an R yet? Any better sounding? Any better power in stock configuration? May pull the trigger. :thumbsup:

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Anyone put this system on an R yet? Any better sounding? Any better power in stock configuration? May pull the trigger. :thumbsup:
Hopefully some of our customers chime in..

-Josh

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
THe fact that it’s on an R is a little irrelevant. Borla exhaust is going to sound the same on ANY 350. Now, the comparison may be slightly different depending on your starting point (stock, no resonators, etc), but once it’s on, they’ll all sound the same.

I finished my install last night (huge shoutout to Meraki for AWESOME prices, speed, and customer service). Gonna spend the day in it today and then I’ll post my findings.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good to hear. Looking forward to your review.

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
THe fact that it’s on an R is a little irrelevant. Borla exhaust is going to sound the same on ANY 350. Now, the comparison may be slightly different depending on your starting point (stock, no resonators, etc), but once it’s on, they’ll all sound the same.

I finished my install last night (huge shoutout to Meraki for AWESOME prices, speed, and customer service). Gonna spend the day in it today and then I’ll post my findings.
Thank you sir!!!Looking forward to your honest feedback as well.

-Josh

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I got the ATAK before I even picked up my car. It sounds MEAN. Its decently quiet and refined until 2000 RPM and then all hell breaks loose. Deep throaty growl, crackles, pops, snappy downshifts, no drone, you get it all. Plus, it's still pretty reasonable in normal mode, to the point where I don't make my neighbors angry when I start my car and drive off first thing in the morning. It's all around a great exhaust and I'm really happy with my purchase.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just ordered one for my R from Josh. [MENTION=22464]Meraki Autoworks[/MENTION] Will give feedback when I get it on. Had ATAKS on my 15 GT. They were awesome. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
One of the better explanations I have come across...

The stock system sounds good, even better in "loud" mode.
The R system is slightly louder normally and has a bit more Beast in loud mode.
The FP/Borla system is similar to the R in both modes, but the tone is different to a semi-trained ear.
The ATAK is what you want if you want it to WAIL in loud mode.

No cutting with the FP or ATAK systems.

That's it. Finito.
I am completely on the fence as to what system I would like to purchase/install for my 2017 GT350 non R. I, like a few on here, do not want to cut up my stock OEM GT350 exhaust system. I know going with the cut x-pipe is less expensive but I would like to have the option of placing the complete stock system back on at some point in the future. My choices are as follows in pretty much in order...

1. Ford OEM GT350R system. I have heard it at the track compared to a GT350 and love it. I can locate it thru several Ford dealerships on line and have shipped to me less expensive (not by much) than the other systems listed.

2. Ford Performance by Borla cat back system. From I can tell louder than stock and as close to the GT350R system but better quality. Mid range in costs compared to the other systems.

3. Borla ATAK cat back system. About as loud as any out there but the tone does change the most from what I can tell. Very raspy and race car sound which I love but I lean more towards the throatier sound systems which sound better to my ear. I am not saying they sound bad but what I simply prefer.

4. GTHAUS cat back system has been well gone over here and some question the video’s integrity. I can find very little info on them regarding this system but what I have found out is this... they build quality stuff BUT extremely hard to reach even thru dealers and receiving the system may take several months if not longer. It is the one of most expensive systems available and with the other issues/concerns I am leaning towards against choosing. If the system is anywhere close to the video I may change my mind and select this option.

5. Hooker headers BlackHeart cat back system. It sounds throaty and deeper to my ear. Here is the but.... they do not have them in stock, they are only made per special individual order and this may take weeks or months to receive. This is the least expensive option per their quote. No one can confirm the build quality of this system or even if someone has it out there. Per the rep they have only built the experimental kit for the video. So I must go off of their reputation which I believe is very good for Hooker exhaust components which is a plus in my book.

I know this is kind of long winded but like others spending around 2k is a BIG deal for a cat back when the stock system sounds this good. I must save for this type of purchase and debating whether or not I can install it myself. So I must consider install cost as well. Well that’s my opinion on things and take for what is worth but I sure I not the only one out there in a similar situation. And this is no life or death decision but spending this much one hopes to make the best choice for themselves.

cobra4ever

msteck
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350R HR427
I haven't seen any mention of Magnaflow besides what Lethal and some resellers have posted. It uses 3" tubing and true crossover (unlike Borla) I also suspect that Magnaflow might even supply Ford with the stock crossover as they look identical. At one point I was considering using Borla but with the Shiteck crossover since it's closer to the stock configuration. Always been a fan of Magnaflow although on my 03 Cobra they did drone in the 2200 rpm range. There doesn't seem to be any user reviews on the system - Would love to hear some! I also don't want to spend $2k to be disappointed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.