Sponsored

PP Brembo brake squeal

Fozzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st
I just bought a 2015 PP GT and the brembos squeal like a mf. Does anyone have a fix? I have heard brake cleaner and also ceramic pads. Just wanted to get a consensus here.
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
The PP pads (haha) are dirty and noisy. No way to correct it besides different pads. Just get low dust pads and be done with it. I swapped mine out at about 10k miles or so. Just couldn't stand to have to wash my wheels just because I went to work and back.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I don't have any brake noise at all with the stock PP pads, including track use. They do dust like crazy, even just in street driving, but they are actually a decent HPDE pad as well. They are more expensive than some of the better aftermarket pads though. Maybe disassemble and lube? They're not hard to take out.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I second the lube part. It's possible the factory didn't put enough (or any) brake grease at all between the calipers and pads. There's a thin steel shield that goes between the pad and caliper. You only need to grease between the shield and pad. That will probably kill all of your brake squeals.

I just replaced my pads with the newer PP pads and I get zero noise. The originals did have a bit of a squeal at times.

Also, before you go buying "better" aftermarket pads, you should know that MOST pads that claim to be better than stock do not have the same bite or stopping power of the OEM pads. Sure they may dust less, but you might sacrifice performance for a little dust. For me, performance is key, I'm always driving this thing like I stole it.

These OEM pads are expensive because they are very good quality pads.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Take the pads off
scuff the rotors and clean them with brake cleaner
Apply anti squeal to the pad backer plates and slider pins

Then lake a look at the pad surface, and sand the pads down if you see any shiny glazed areas. If they got hot and glazed, then they can squeal pretty bad and won't stop until you take the surface glazing off.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I just bought a 2015 PP GT and the brembos squeal like a mf. Does anyone have a fix? I have heard brake cleaner and also ceramic pads. Just wanted to get a consensus here.
How do you know the pads on the used car you just bought are OEM pads? Unless you know for sure that the pads are OEM there is a good chance the pads were changed. My 15's didn't and my 18's don't squeal. Dust? You bet! Grabby with very light braking? Absolutely. Squeal? No. :D

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I have a 17 pp and my front brakes squeal like crazy too. I've tried bedding them to no avail. If I hit the brakes decent, no noise. It's just when you're lightly appealing the pressure that the squeal like crazy. It can be embarrassing.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I have a 17 pp and my front brakes squeal like crazy too. I've tried bedding them to no avail. If I hit the brakes decent, no noise. It's just when you're lightly appealing the pressure that the squeal like crazy. It can be embarrassing.
This happened every now and then with my original '15 PP pads, too. I purchased the new OEM pad revision last month and replaced them myself, making sure I used the grease. These new pads make ZERO noise! And they really improved the heat fade under heavy braking.

My guess is whoever was in charge of installing the pads at the factory were not careful with the grease or didn't apply any at all. It wouldn't be the first time this sorta thing happened on the line...

LOL, I know a guy here in Houston that used to work at the Ford plant and he said one Christmas, they all got wasted at work. The guy that was in charge of bolting on the doors had too much and passed out at his station, all the while the cars kept going down the line without their doors...

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Take the pads off

Then lake a look at the pad surface, and sand the pads down if you see any shiny glazed areas. If they got hot and glazed, then they can squeal pretty bad and won't stop until you take the surface glazing off.
You're absolutely right on what to do..Haven't had to do this on my gt yet but it did take care of same problem on the Ws6 Trans am back years ago.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Take the pads off

What would be a good grit to use?

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
80-120 on pads..150 -220 on rotors..or scotchbrite the rotors

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Mine only do it in the rear. I still have stock pads and only about 23K miles. Brake lightly and they squeal, a little more pressure and they stop. One hard stop and it goes away for a little while, then comes back. I'll have to give some of the above methods a try and see if it stops.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
yes try lubing all sliding points and back of pads. I just bought a low miles, brembo take offs and do not see any lube at all.

csheff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang conv
So what are u guys using for the pad grease or paste. Any brand better than the others?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Mine are occasional. I can't hear them over the exhaust, auto rev and JL audio speakers.
Sponsored