Mustang or Corvette

• Total voters

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Don’t care for the C7 or C6, but I consider C5 Z06 one of the sexier domestic cars of the last 20 years
Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
If i had to choose, I’d go for the vette. If you track your cars of course. That being said, i love my stang and i bought it cause i believe the coyote is superior in terms of logivity and potential. But primarily cause it sounds better lol

Last edited:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Can't believe this poll has been around months, and I've never voted on it.

2019 GT Premium over a base Vette.
Actually, I think a 2019 Mustang GT PP2 fully loaded, is a better driver's car than a base manual Vette.

I am not looking to spend more than $65k, but in the end I have owned a new 2000 Z06 and a few of my friends drive a newer Vette. To me, the current Corvette's ergonomics and interior styling are not aesthetically pleasing to me.

Not everything is about min/max..

I dumped my BMW last year (for many reasons after being a 25 year owner of BMWs), mostly because in 2015, I was able to drive a friend's GT350 (in a very spirited manner) and knew the s550 and magneride was a better option than an M2 or Corvette for me.

I am not going to knock the Corvette, I loved the low-end torque and the point & shoot mannerisms of the car. It's just that the engine is muffled and/or is too constricted to sing out. And although I like the "stealthyness" of the Vette's low-end power I think the Gen3 Coyote's low-end torque can nearly match the Vette's.

BMW's M2 turbo wizardry is fun, but throttle response and BMW's nannies ruin the connection to the car.

I guess it all comes down to what you are looking to do with your car. But I think a Mustang GT is easiest one of the worlds best "sports cars", specially when you consider it's price tag.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
As of owner of both ... it depends on what you’re looking for out of a car . I wouldn’t daily a vette, but people do it all the time. When I moved back into a mustang it was worlds better as a daily

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Corvette. I love Mustangs, but if I could swing it a Corvette that would be my choice

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Mustang because Corvettes suck when it comes to being tall. I automatically have to cross them off my list every time because of the lack of seat adjustment for leg room. If there's no back seat to adjust the front seats forward and back, I probably can't drive it.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I have had a c5 convertible and loved it. 2016 gt premium loaded and will never look back. Love my mustang more and more every time I drive it. I would like to add a c6 grand sport for a once in a while car.

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
I've had really nice mustangs in the past and now own a C7Z and the Vette wins hands down. It's just a better car from top to bottom and really it's not fair to compare the two.

Now, if I had to choose one to be my DD it would be a new mustang 10 times out of 10. The Vette, especially the Z with its low hanging aero packages, is not very practical for anything other than a weekend car. The base Vette would likely be a better DD but it's still limited and a pain to get in and out of, only two seats, etc.

No mustang I ever drove gave me the same feeling as my Vette does. It's that awesome! That's just my opinion but I've had very nice, and very fast mustangs to compare against.

I'm a die hard mustang guy and have been since I was small...just had the same feeling for the two seater from Chevy as well, and the C7 platform is really really good! :cheers:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've never had a burning desire to own any Corvette until the C7 came out. I drool every time I see one, especially the more exotic versions.

I'd love to order up a Grand Sport coupe. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
I am not looking to spend more than $65k, but in the end I have owned a new 2000 Z06 and a few of my friends drive a newer Vette. To me, the current Corvette's ergonomics and interior styling are not aesthetically pleasing to me.

To bad you don't have the Z06 anymore as it would be worth a fortune. It so rare its a one of none. :)

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
To bad you don't have the Z06 anymore as it would be worth a fortune. It so rare its a one of none. :)
Maybe one of those prototype cars, a test mule prior to the 2001s. This is the internet so it must be true. :shrug: You mean I didn't have to be honest and say I owned a V6 Mustang. That I could simply have entered in information that I owned a GT350 as a DD and a 2018 Z06 as my weekend car and used pics on the net? Crap! Crap! Crap! Think of all the money I could have saved. Let alone being revered on some internet message board where few post their real names! Crap! Now I don’t know if I’m actually a fat guy? :lol:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I am not looking to spend more than $65k, but in the end I have owned a new 2000 Z06 and a few of my friends drive a newer Vette.
You'd be surprised how much the Z06 has plummeted in price. This was once a 100k car less than 3 years ago, now you can get a loaded 3LZ in the 60s, some are even in the upper 50s. Id get that with a warranty and enjoy 650hp/650tq.
Love the targa top on those cars, best of both worlds.

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
You'd be surprised how much the Z06 has plummeted in price. This was once a 100k car less than 3 years ago, now you can get a loaded 3LZ in the 60s, some are even in the upper 50s. Id get that with a warranty and enjoy 650hp/650tq.
Love the targa top on those cars, best of both worlds.
There is without doubt no better car for 60-70k than a C7Z. It's absurd when you think about it. I paid 67 for mine...2015 2lZ / two roof / A8, Z07 with 1,900 miles, never seen rain type of car. MSRP was 104k:eyebulge:

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Even though I keep saying I'm planning on buying a C7 in about 4 years, I know there will be concessions. I still need to drive one, and that might sway me in either direction.

For the time being, if the Mustang had a targa top, I would immediately put that in my garage. I would imagine a Targa being possible in a Mustang, can't you just build a "coupe" with convertible bracing to maintain rigidity (I know there's a little more to it than that)? Also, if the Mustang had a targa, the trunk might need to be a little wider to accommodate storing it.

Basically, I want a targa top lol.
Sponsored