Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Very nice!
And especially nice to see only 1 "fake" non-functional item - the Bullitt badge. Ok, so that's nostalgia.
But no fake side scoops (which never scooped anything anyway), no hood scoop (pointless, given no carb), etc. Good, a mature car.
Disappointing to see the red calipers - red has no functional value other than posing and it really doesn't go with the subtle design style of the car. Mcqueen would never have done that. We don't know if this has the GT's front 4-piston or the optional 6-piston brakes... but it's clear that the miserable iron sliding single piston caliper is still present out back. Cheap and embarrassing considering how easy it is to get 4-wheel 4-piston Brembos on a Camaro, even without 1LE. The single piston design has been around since '84 and it's sadly dated.
It will be interesting to see what if anything was done to the engine... the cold-air from the GT350 would be a possibility here from the factory. I can't see them spending any more money on an engine variant when they already have 3 V-8s (assuming the GT500).
The suspension should be minimally the 1st level of the perf pack - after all Mcqueen was about handling first and before speed (his 390 wasn't much to brag over). And I'd hope the magnetic shocks are an option since they are worth every cent.

Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I've said this before, and I actually forget the answer I'm sorry. Has any Bullitt had more POWER? I'm talking measureable, from the factory 5-10 hp bump on the GT? I feel like the last iterations were kind of just cosmetic with maybe mention of 1 or 2 suspension pieces. I would dig the badge-less look more if it was faster than a GT, otherwise kind of feels plain to me and I'd rather a regular GT. Feels little like one of those "special anniversary" type cars that Ford gets to market and jack up the MSRP on.....if they bump the power I'm all in.

chaoscentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
The 2008 Bullitt had 10-15hp more than the standard GT as it came with the ford performance cai from the factory and probably a slightly altered tune. The 2001 Bullitt had a very unique intake manifold that was specific to that version of the 2V which was a twin bore similar to what the 3V ended up getting. So definitely possible.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
the 2008/2009 Bullitt did have a special tune, as the 3V needed one to use the CAI to properly.

the 2010 Mustang GT, the last year with the 4.6, had the Bullitt version as standard.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
The 01 GT was rated at 260 and the Bullitt at 265. The 01 Bullitt was to come in at 270 but the 'production' intakes were reportedly not cleaned up* (air flow) enough by the manufacturer so to play it safe Ford listed it at 265. Just a 5 hp bump when in reality most were probably close or at the 270.

* it has been too many years to remember all the details-sorry- since Scott Hoag discussed this at a Bullitt/Mach 1 event in Nashville at the 40th Anniversary in 2004. He related that OEM manufacturers supply parts for testing, purchase etc and the parts that later arrive for installation may not be quite up to the same specs as the original sample--Ford squeezes suppliers to cut pennies and suppliers cut production corners to get those pennies back... something about the 01 Bullitt intake runners not being as cleaned/polished internally as planned.

The 08/09 GT listed at 300 HP. The 08/09 Bullitt was listed at 315 HP.

So yes--both prior Bullitt's had mild HP jumps. The problem for the 18 is the engine has just been tweeked for 18 to get to 460 - not a lot of wiggle room and I do not think Ford went to the expense of developing, testing, smogging, SAE certifying etc to just jump the Bullitts by 10 HP so I'm not expecting a increase--but that is just pure conjecture on my part and nothing more,

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The 01 GT was rated at 260 and the Bullitt at 265. The 01 Bullitt was to come in at 270 but the 'production' intakes were reportedly not cleaned up* (air flow) enough by the manufacturer so to play it safe Ford listed it at 265. Just a 5 hp bump when in reality most were probably close or at the 270.

* it has been too many years to remember all the details-sorry- since Scott Hoag discussed this at a Bullitt/Mach 1 event in Nashville at the 40th Anniversary in 2004. He related that OEM manufacturers supply parts for testing, purchase etc and the parts that later arrive for installation may not be quite up to the same specs as the original sample--Ford squeezes suppliers to cut pennies and suppliers cut production corners to get those pennies back... something about the 01 Bullitt intake runners not being as cleaned/polished internally as planned.

The 08/09 GT listed at 300 HP. The 08/09 Bullitt was listed at 315 HP.

So yes--both prior Bullitt's had mild HP jumps. The problem for the 18 is the engine has just been tweeked for 18 to get to 460 - not a lot of wiggle room and I do not think Ford went to the expense of developing, testing, smogging, SAE certifying etc to just jump the Bullitts by 10 HP so I'm not expecting a increase--but that is just pure conjecture on my part and nothing more,

If I recall the '01 Bullitt IM really shines on FI applications.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
If I recall the '01 Bullitt IM really shines on FI applications.
It did (or does)...it has been too many years and my memory is a bit foggy but I'd swear that it was the first (or one of the first) to be made from a composite material instead of alum. Back in the day I know some guys did pull the manifold and buffed the heck out of the inside of it for better airflow. No recall as to realistic HP gains they achieved (not sure anyone went scientific and did a dyno before and afterwards and not sure how far back IMBOC keeps real old threads).

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I like it. I wanted a Bullitt when they came out the last time. I like this one. Just don't put that Bullitt symbol on the steering wheel that was posted earlier.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I like it!

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Am I the only one that hates the silver lip on the wheels?
It's not the lip for me. It's the entire wheel itself. I don't think the classic wheel design works with the modern car in this particular instance. They look almost forced together.

Maybe if the wheels were wider/deeper. :shrug: I'm thinking a more concave version would help it a bit. Something more aggressive. This is where the wider wheel would come in -- filling the wheel arches (similar to the PP2 wheels), leaving room for a slightly more significant lip/dish, while allowing the face to still clear the Brembos.

Meh... maybe someone will make such a thing for aftermarket application.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It's not the lip for me. It's the entire wheel itself. I don't think the classic wheel design works with the modern car in this particular instance. They look almost forced together.

Maybe if the wheels were wider/deeper. :shrug: I'm thinking a more concave version would help it a bit. Something more aggressive. This is where the wider wheel would come in -- filling the wheel arches (similar to the PP2 wheels), leaving room for a slightly more significant lip/dish, while allowing the face to still clear the Brembos.

Meh... maybe someone will make such a thing for aftermarket application.
AFS usually makes different versions of OEM wheels if there is enough demand.
Sponsored