Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all! I am new to the forum but not to Mustangs, having had several over the years. But I'll get to that shortly. I am considering having another new one and have been lurking here on the S550 forums getting ideas and inspiration. I want a GT coupe, a 2+2, and I can't justify the cost of a new Aston Martin DB-11 or even a previously owned Vantage although they really top my short list. But as I turn around my life-long Mustang passion seems like the right choice. So I am considering a 2018 GT Fastback 10A PP with Magneride. I know that soon I'll have to take one for a test ride.

So as for my Mustang history, I grew up riding in the back of our family's 66 289 coupe and then borrowed our 69 351 fastback for date night. But I had a passion for British sports cars and have had a string of Triumphs (1964 Spitfire, 1962 TR4, 1969 GT6) before buying new a 1984 Mustang SVO. Eventually (well, after two years) I swapped in a 1986 5.0 EFI roller engine, T5 trans, and 8.8 TracLoc rear. This remained my "family" car for 20 years until I was T-boned by a kid with a 2-week old driver's license running a stop light. I was carrying the crank, rods, pistons and heads for my 1969 Boss 302 (yes, I had both in the garage) in the back of the SVO when I got hit and the parts were flying around the back as I did a 360 across the intersection. I am very lucky I was not conked on the head by a head.
So, yes, I was reduced to just one Mustang, my 69 Boss 302, which I had restored and modified for open track at the nearby Willow Springs Raceway and California Speedway. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also used to road race my motorcycles at Willow Springs and even at Riverside Raceway before it closed in the 80s. I did buy and restored a 1970 Boss 302 also but basically sold that one right away and then sold the 69 a couple of years ago when my wife bought me a 69 Triumph TR6 basket case to restore.

So now I've restored the TR6 and it's on the road but I need something else for the longer road trips.

20140416_183929 by Jim Harris, on Flickr
20171116_131421 by Jim Harris, on Flickr

Last edited:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Great cars! Welcome!!

BuffBakerGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Jeff Baker from Cumming, GA.

This is my first Mustang GT so I went with the 50 year appearance package.

I'm glad to be a part of the Mustang6g forum...
549.jpg

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
The perfect "stealth" color.

Sponsored

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
This is technically my first GT...the last Mustang I had was a Deep Emerald Green Metallic '92 LX 5.0. That was 25 long years ago and I've been wanting another one ever since.

I recently got the itch and was going to wait a couple more months but this car is my unicorn. It had everything I ever wanted and had less than 3K miles. I have to say...it DOES NOT suck! So much fun to drive. I've ran more errands in two days than I have in 6 months...lol.

Very happy to be able to join the club again!

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all! New to the forum and Mustangs! I grew up with two of them and have always loved them and its time to actually own one! I was able to drive a GT Prem with PP1 last night and I have to say I am in love, the exhaust note is amazing. Youtube videos do not even do it justice.

All that being said, I will be placing my order this weekend! Dealer offered me 400 under invoice, plus any rebates now and when the car comes in.

GT Premium
Royal Crimson
Still torn on Trans....but likely 6speed as my daily drive is mostly backroads.
401a
PP1
Active Exhaust
MagneRide
Safe and Smart Package
Shaker Pro

Anyways, Looking forward to following the forum and getting the car I have always wanted!

Cheers!

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hey,

My name is Jason. I'm from Phoenix, AZ. I've been a member here for a long time but I just got my Mustang finally. I've been away from Mustangs for over 11 years and it was just time.

This is my 2016 GT. This is how I bought it. I will likely do a few things to make it 'mine'. I plan on removing the wrap and going back to the stock hood and spoiler.

picture.jpg

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Nice! Welcome!

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Hey,

My name is Jason. I'm from Phoenix, AZ. I've been a member here for a long time but I just got my Mustang finally. I've been away from Mustangs for over 11 years and it was just time.

This is my 2016 GT. This is how I bought it. I will likely do a few things to make it 'mine'. I plan on removing the wrap and going back to the stock hood and spoiler.

picture.jpg
I'm with you on removing what you said, but I would be a bit torn over that wrap. It kind of reminds me of the MysticChrome Terminator Cobra's, a paint color I still dream about. Just last week had a meeting with a new client who saw my car and started telling me about his '04 MystiChrome Cobra with only 30k miles. I told him how I'll never forget the first time I saw a '96 Mystic Cobra as a kid and how it's part of the reason I'm into Mustangs.

I'm not a fan of gaudy paint schemes but the Mystic Cobra's get a pass for me. I'd keep that wrap on for at least a month haha.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
bjstang said:
Welcome, gotta love a Whippled car!
Thanks, now with pics:

Just picked up a silver ‘15 GT PP w/cloth Recaros. only 5500 mi.
Came with
-whipple stage 2,
-steeda springs lowered 1 inch,
-h-pipe & Flowmaster 40 series delta flows (sounds seriously mean, no noticeable drone)
-tinted windows
Previous owner traded it in on a Range Rover.
Previous owner had all mods installed at reputable performance shops.
Love the car. A serious rocket. Last Mustang was an ‘08 GT. I'm in San Diego.
No mods planned. Like it the way it is :) If anything maybe Corsa Touring axle-back if I want it quieter. It's not my DD so I'll just see how it goes.
IMG_1426.JPG
12-10-2017 12-18-56 AM.jpg
12-10-2017 12-20-07 AM.jpg
12-10-2017 12-22-47 AM.jpg
12-10-2017 12-21-41 AM.jpg

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
What a great package to find and buy!

RJD25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi everyone: Reformed euro-car and soon to be first time Mustang owner here. Used to have an E46 M3 which I sold when kids were born, but many years later the kids are older and car seats are gone so back in the sports car game. I wasn't even considering a Mustang (looking at 4 series, A5, etc) but after a friend recently let me drive his 2015 GT I was hooked. After weeks of research and waiting for the 18s to arrive on lots, I took some more test drives and that was that. Also, I was set on owning at least 1 more manual transmission car before they are gone completely so that made the decision much easier.

Just placed an order for 2018 GT Premium in Magnetic, scheduled for Jan build and Feb delivery. Happy to have found this forum otherwise I would not have known anything about x-plan. Some really knowledgeable and friendly people here so decided to stay awhile.

Rick@LASTREETCARS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lastreetcars.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP - Procharged and Built
Hi everyone: Reformed euro-car and soon to be first time Mustang owner here. Used to have an E46 M3 which I sold when kids were born, but many years later the kids are older and car seats are gone so back in the sports car game. I wasn't even considering a Mustang (looking at 4 series, A5, etc) but after a friend recently let me drive his 2015 GT I was hooked. After weeks of research and waiting for the 18s to arrive on lots, I took some more test drives and that was that. Also, I was set on owning at least 1 more manual transmission car before they are gone completely so that made the decision much easier.

Just placed an order for 2018 GT Premium in Magnetic, scheduled for Jan build and Feb delivery. Happy to have found this forum otherwise I would not have known anything about x-plan. Some really knowledgeable and friendly people here so decided to stay awhile.
Nice man! Can't wait to see pics! Welcome!
Sponsored