N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Is it me, or do I hear the rasp with just an H pipe resonator delete?
Yeah there is a raspy tone with no load. Under load the tone deepens significantly. At idle it's pretty deep tone.
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I like the first one better...no rasp.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Here's our comparison. The first one is stock, the second one is stock with resonator delete h-pipe only.

Hey Bill, thanx for posting the side by side comparison. I have an H pipe sitting on my workbench. Its been there all summer because I cant make up my mind whether to install it or not. And after hearing this side by side comparison, I still cant make up my mind.:doh: LOL

After hearing practically every combo out there, I don't think what I am looking for even exists.:frusty:

I see now the low 'boomy" exhaust has a greater chance of drone. But that's the sound (without) the drone I want.

Everything that doesn't have "any" drone are a higher tone, raspy, rattley, tinny....and a bunch more things I don't like.

Exhaust seems to be a very personal and subjective thing, but JEEZ, does it have to be this difficult???...:headbonk:

My vert is not a DD. HELL, its gonna be parked until April for sure, so borderline boomy of drone may be OK. Its probably worth the cost of this cheap exhaust system to find out. Or the LMR system......:thumbsup:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Bill, thanx for posting the side by side comparison. I have an H pipe sitting on my workbench. Its been there all summer because I cant make up my mind whether to install it or not. And after hearing this side by side comparison, I still cant make up my mind.:doh: LOL

After hearing practically every combo out there, I don't think what I am looking for even exists.:frusty:

I see now the low 'boomy" exhaust has a greater chance of drone. But that's the sound (without) the drone I want.

Everything that doesn't have "any" drone are a higher tone, raspy, rattley, tinny....and a bunch more things I don't like.

Exhaust seems to be a very personal and subjective thing, but JEEZ, does it have to be this difficult???...:headbonk:

My vert is not a DD. HELL, its gonna be parked until April for sure, so borderline boomy of drone may be OK. Its probably worth the cost of this cheap exhaust system to find out. Or the LMR system......:thumbsup:
Borla S-type axleback or AWE Touring axleback would probably work for you.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If some peeps here are looking for that 'old school' sound.. never gonna happen with the Coyotes Flathead V-8 firing order and 4-valve heads.

FOR the OP.. what's the weight of your New axlebacks? And could you weigh the stock ones? Thanks.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]

Start at 2:35
[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]

Start at 2:35
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] Thanx for those. They sound good. I like the passing by sound. I was never a 'Sit there and rev you engine" type person, and a lot of the "cackling" I hear from some of the "Brand" systems is from the "Sit there and rev" thing at very high rpm's.

AWE sounds similar............ Got till the spring to decide, but it looks like I am gonna go brand.

Maybe I can convince Santa to bring me a late gift.....after I bring back all the shit I never did want it the first place...:cheers:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
csmaan12 are you referring to the SLP with H-pipe?

OP
OP

HeadShrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Pkg, Comp Orange
If some peeps here are looking for that 'old school' sound.. never gonna happen with the Coyotes Flathead V-8 firing order and 4-valve heads.

FOR the OP.. what's the weight of your New axlebacks? And could you weigh the stock ones? Thanks.
Each muffler weighs 7.4 pounds. Shipping weight for the whole package was 21 pounds.
Tossed the stock ones into the dumpster right as I cut them off, sorry. New ones 7.4# each.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=27640]bjstang[/MENTION], thanks. But that 38lbs has to include the pipe all the way to the suitcase.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
csmaan12 are you referring to the SLP with H-pipe?
Yes sir, that's the current setup I have. I just put mentions of what I tried before that.

So SLP LM2 + Stock resonator: Good sound, not enough for me though also no rasp at all...that I could hear. Pretty tame overall.

H-Pipe + No mufflers: Total crap and unbearably loud.

SLP LM2 + H-Pipe: Good volume outside the car, barely any drone, some rasp above 3500RPM and 50%+ throttle. At WOT it sounds amazing, and when revved with no load it's still loud. At idle it's just a V8 burble, it's got some bass to it but overall not enough to bother anyone at 6AM.

I considered the Roush mufflers but after hearing them in person I realized that would just be way too loud for me. I am highly considering a Corsa Sport catback in the future though.

I'm gonna be one of few by saying this but I honestly hate how the Corsa Xtreme catback sounds especially when it's revved out. It's like a permanent rasp that never goes away and it's such a high frequency that it basically sounds like the rasp is the exhaust sound itself. Then there's the guy who had a triple X-Pipe made for his Xtreme and that was utterly disgusting, no offense to him at all if he's on here, too much for me. This last paragraph is purely my opinion, please do not get offended if I came across as a bit too harsh, it is not meant to bash in any way shape or form.

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
This is the first car that I’ve had for two months and still have the stock exhaust. I hate that videos usually do a bad job of capturing the sound.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
This is the first car that I’ve had for two months and still have the stock exhaust. I hate that videos usually do a bad job of capturing the sound.
That was a similar challenge for me so I went to a Cars N Coffee and got to know a few other folks in the area who's rides I could listen to and kinda get a feel for what I wanted. At some point the videos, at least to me, started all running together, sounding the same. Also, it seems as though most (mine included) use a phone and we quickly hit the limitations of the mic... I certainly found that, recording one video 3 or 4 times then giving up because the recording (audio) had issues every time..
Sponsored