Sponsored

Front License Plate

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What do you guys/gals use for your mustang's front license plate in a state required by it? I don't wanna punch a hole in my front bumper.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
They have mount that goes under the front bumper to avoid drilling holes on the bumper.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Like Jason mentioned there are a few options, if you don't want one mounted below the lower lip you can try Craig's Custom Brackets. I said "screw it" and am foregoing a front plate. Haven't had any issues in the past 18 months, but I guess it depends on how bitchy your local police are. Just wish I had gotten to my baby before the dealership drilled those holes.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Front plate is required in NJ. I haven't run one and haven't been bothered at all.

If I were to run one, I think the Sho-N-Sho bracket looks pretty good.

OP
OP

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah I haven’t been driving with one and have been passed by cops and haven’t pulled me over on it. Reason being when I had my celica with no front plate I got pulled over. Seems like the mustang is being overlooked on it unless they pull me over for something else. I’ll try searching for those options. Thanks.

Sponsored

Cruizer40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special, FPP2
I use the Sho N Sho. I only use it when I go into 1 particular city where the meter maids are like pit bulls on a bone. Other then that it stays in my trunk.

STEVO 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT
Haven't run a front plate in 15 years. No problem yet (knock on wood). Dealer drilled into my STI when I bought it new. Made sure I told the Ford dealer not to touch the bumper before I even started negotiating on my Mustang.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
sto n sho here as well.
pulls off in 5 seconds and clears curbs pretty well.
this is the unit for the CS splitter

36518606634_ebfd68c2e5_k.jpg
20170921_133428 by chefjpd, on Flickr

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm lowered about 1.5" and I tore my ShoNgo off two times. The last of which rendered the unit unrepairable.

Next option was mounting under the center bumper with a couple of stainless "L" brackets I got at a marine supply store. I screwed in to the underside of the bumper then bolted to the top of the plate frame. Then I got a blacked out frame and added a smoked lens cover up front so it would blend in with the blacked out look I was looking for. BTW, That little addition technically brings me out of compliance but I can argue it's not obscuring my license plate any worse than those black on black decals the cops use to obscure their markings. As for the plate number, that's state issued so 100% legal here.

Technically I still drilled holes in my bumper but at least it was on the underside where they were not visible.

24982111068_ba354de238_b.jpg
IMG_0039 by Erick, on Flickr

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Like Jason mentioned there are a few options, if you don't want one mounted below the lower lip you can try Craig's Custom Brackets. I said "screw it" and am foregoing a front plate. Haven't had any issues in the past 18 months, but I guess it depends on how bitchy your local police are. Just wish I had gotten to my baby before the dealership drilled those holes.
Have the Craig's Custom Bracket and works great. But since car is not a DD, I run without plate unless going on road trip. Haven't had any issues in over a year. Like Labradog, My dealer already drilled holes and installed bracket so had to get front bumper repainted. :mad:

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
I'm lowered about 1.5" and I tore my ShoNgo off two times. The last of which rendered the unit unrepairable.

Next option was mounting under the center bumper with a couple of stainless "L" brackets I got at a marine supply store. I screwed in to the underside of the bumper then bolted to the top of the plate frame. Then I got a blacked out frame and added a smoked lens cover up front so it would blend in with the blacked out look I was looking for. BTW, That little addition technically brings me out of compliance but I can argue it's not obscuring my license plate any worse than those black on black decals the cops use to obscure their markings. As for the plate number, that's state issued so 100% legal here.

Technically I still drilled holes in my bumper but at least it was on the underside where they were not visible.

24982111068_ba354de238_b.jpg
IMG_0039 by Erick, on Flickr

I just got a ticket at lunch for illegal plate cover for this. the bracket should be ok but the cover has got to go.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Soooooo glad we dont need a front plate here in Tennessee.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Soooooo glad we dont need a front plate here in Tennessee.
Yeah, I got my first "nice" car in Georgia and got used to the nice front end. Then got to TX and now I have to have the "buck tooth" up front. A lot of people have good luck running without it but if you do get pulled over it will usually be after your leaving a bar or something.
Sponsored