Sponsored

Is anybody's '18 on Cotus yet?

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
COTUS is just showing when I ordered mine only with no build date or estimated delivery date. I know my build date got pushed back from 12/12 to 12/14. I assume COTUS isn't showing any of it though due to my car being flagged for the FCPA process.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Interesting...

Has anyone used Cotus and have a completely different car show up? After continuous checking to see if my 2018 build was finally on cotus, it finally showed up as in-order processing... but as a Ford Expedition!

Im looking at my actual invoice from the dealer and it does say for the 2018 Shelby Mustang, but Cotus is saying otherwise...

Anyone experience this ?

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Yes. That means your dealer used the same order # for different cars. Now you have to bug them for updates every so often until you get a vin # to track.
Oh wow really? I wouldn't even think that was possible to do! That seems like a stupid setup... Even when I put my last name in it still comes up with the expedition... why their car and not mine! hahaha

How quickly does it take to get a VIN I wonder... My dealer told me he would update me...but you know how that works....

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
If I order a car in the future I'll make a point to ask them to use a unique order number. Good advice for anyone ordering.

It seems like COTUS has tried to work around it by having you enter the customer last name but it seems like it really doesn't use that field in the lookup. You can enter whatever you want. A better approach would be to list the vehicles on that order and let the user select the correct one.

It feels like they got COTUS mostly finished and then lost interest in working out the usability problems.

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
I see people here that ordered in July/August, but are yet to receive their cars. I suppose it might be because production wasn't ramped up yet when you ordered.

If someone were to order a car today (gt convertible auto), roughly how long the wait time is expected to be? A couple of months or is it longer?

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
It's going quicker now. There's some people who didn't order till November and their estimated delivery date is in January. So yea being first to order did not help lol
lol..thanks. good things come to those who wait.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I see people here that ordered in July/August, but are yet to receive their cars. I suppose it might be because production wasn't ramped up yet when you ordered.

If someone were to order a car today (gt convertible auto), roughly how long the wait time is expected to be? A couple of months or is it longer?
yeah, it's taking forever. and about the time, generally when I ask a dealership they quote 12-16 weeks, so I think that's what you should expect if you are ordering now.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Oh wow really? I wouldn't even think that was possible to do! That seems like a stupid setup... Even when I put my last name in it still comes up with the expedition... why their car and not mine! hahaha

How quickly does it take to get a VIN I wonder... My dealer told me he would update me...but you know how that works....
When my dealer sent me my DORA (1 week after I ordered) he included the summary page of the order which had 5 unique Mustangs within it, they each had their VINs listed so I could check my exact car with that, and snoop on the other orders. The order number for mine (r100) didn't show any results. The VIN seems to be the only accurate way to check it.

This is that summary page:
order.png

Sponsored

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
I know for the Shelbyā€™s there was a production hold... and my dealer told me it came up as ā€œmaterial holdā€ under his tracking system. It looks as though things are restarting other builds... iā€™m not positive but I think there may have been a hold on all mustangs produced so that they can clear inventory of 2017ā€˜s

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know for the Shelbyā€™s there was a production hold... and my dealer told me it came up as ā€œmaterial holdā€ under his tracking system. It looks as though things are restarting other builds... iā€™m not positive but I think there may have been a hold on all mustangs produced so that they can clear inventory of 2017ā€˜s
I don't think there's a hold on the Mustangs, people are taking delivery all over the country and there are multiple instances the date has been moved up. As for the shelby, I'm not sure what's causing the wait, my dealership has one waiting for shipment for like 2 months now...

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

Someone on another thread just placed an order and the delivery estimate his dealer gave him was March-April 2018

As others have said production didnā€™t start until October, due to forced two week shutdown by Ford, and ok to buy a few weeks after that. It all depends on the type of features, your location, and whether you ordered stock or retail. (Also what is your priority code, 10 being the highest priority and fastest shipment. I placed my order 8/4/2017 and others have received theirs before me that ordered in October.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone on another thread just placed an order and the delivery estimate his dealer gave him was March-April 2018

As others have said production didnā€™t start until October, due to forced two week shutdown by Ford, and ok to buy a few weeks after that. It all depends on the type of features, your location, and whether you ordered stock or retail. (Also what is your priority code, 10 being the highest priority and fastest shipment. I placed my order 8/4/2017 and others have received theirs before me that ordered in October.
The priority code doesn't matter when comparing against different dealerships, it only matters in the same dealership.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Now my EDD has disappeared. Do those usually reappear after Thursday scheduling runs or is it random?
Sponsored