Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey guys,

can anyone chime in on the bmr cradle lockout and differential bushings versus ford performance's rear subframe to body bushing kit M-5872-M and Rear Differential TO Subframe bushing kit M-4425-M?
I just ordered quite a few BMR suspension bits, like the stage 2 cradle lockout (CB-005H), vertical link (TCA045), upper control arms(UTCA064), lower control arm bearings (BK055) but did not order the differential bushings because I've read about the added NVH and don't want my car to be a clunker; its setup to be a street/track car (90% street/10% track).
Also, does anyone know if steeda's differential bushings a better option for the diff?
I also have ordered the ford performance half shafts and have bilstein b16 pss10's on order. Just hoping these bits will drastically improve handling but still preserve some ride quality. Not sure what to do with the differential. Thanks in advance for your input; Much appreciated.
Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Lots 'o' questions there. I predict a marketing "dance off" between BMR and Steeda in this thread.

I had a similar question about the BMR cradle lock-out and the bushing kit from Steeda. From what I was told the BMR cradle lock-out kit plus the Steeda sub-frame alignment kit that is meant to go with it is roughly equivalent to the Steeda alignment and support kit plus their Subframe support braces.

In other words I had the same question and chose to go the latter approach b/c I didn't want to jump on the sub-frame braces just yet, so the Steeda alignment and support kit is the direction I went. Support brackets and sway bars will come later when I choose to also update the suspension.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Well I bought the BMR stuff, so that makes them better!
I also bought the Roush Blower, making it the best blower on the market!
Oh, I also bought the Sticky Mickeys making them the best tires on the planet!

There ya go, I started it and now for the popcorn!

Lets see how many take this post seriously...fun, fun.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Well I bought the BMR stuff, so that makes them better!
I also bought the Roush Blower, making it the best blower on the market!
Oh, I also bought the Sticky Mickeys making them the best tires on the planet!

There ya go, I started it and now for the popcorn!

Lets see how many take this post seriously...fun, fun.
Do you mind sharing what BMR bits you purchased and a short review regarding improvements in planting down power/reducing wheel hop and as applicable, any change in NVH. Trying to make this an unbiased productive discussion.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Lots 'o' questions there. I predict a marketing "dance off" between BMR and Steeda in this thread.

I had a similar question about the BMR cradle lock-out and the bushing kit from Steeda. From what I was told the BMR cradle lock-out kit plus the Steeda sub-frame alignment kit that is meant to go with it is roughly equivalent to the Steeda alignment and support kit plus their Subframe support braces.

In other words I had the same question and chose to go the latter approach b/c I didn't want to jump on the sub-frame braces just yet, so the Steeda alignment and support kit is the direction I went. Support brackets and sway bars will come later when I choose to also update the suspension.
Thanks for pointing me to the Steeda alignment kit for the BMR cradle lock-out kit.

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Thanks for pointing me to the Steeda alignment kit for the BMR cradle lock-out kit.
No prob. Good luck with your setup!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hard bushings on the IRS (aluminum) eliminate the need or any BMR or Steeda add-on part. But they will also add a shyte-ton of noise to the rear end of your car.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Hard bushings on the IRS (aluminum) eliminate the need or any BMR or Steeda add-on part. But they will also add a shyte-ton of noise to the rear end of your car.
Thanks for your feedback. I am definitely trying to get a happy medium and definitely cant do all aluminum since its mostly a street car but I want enough handling to not be sloppy on an occasional track day. Also planning one day to take it to the drag strip but definitely wont be going down the 1/4 mile regularly.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Do you mind sharing what BMR bits you purchased and a short review regarding improvements in planting down power/reducing wheel hop and as applicable, any change in NVH. Trying to make this an unbiased productive discussion.

Good luck on the unbiased opinions! It is hard not to get into what my joke above alludes to.

It seems that a combination of BMR and Steeda along with a few others tend to help out.
No doubt, the BMR lock-out is good but I have never compared it to the Steeda.
With the vertical links, and lock-out from BMR my wheel hop is no longer.
That being said, I installed the kits along with the rear Sway bar from BMR and G force Drive Shafts turning MT drag Radials (305s) and I have zero wheel hop.
I honestly don't know if it was one thing or a combination of everything.

While I was throwing money at the car, I put the larger sway bar and lower K frame brace on the front end all from BMR. The suspension is very firm and plants itself into corners with very little body roll. oh, and the jack rails just for fun. Lots of red under that car.

I honestly think Steeda has a fine product as well as BMR. I decided that I would stick with one vendor/manufacturer and BMR just happened to be the one.

Can't go wrong either way

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)

Good luck on the unbiased opinions! It is hard not to get into what my joke above alludes to.

It seems that a combination of BMR and Steeda along with a few others tend to help out.
No doubt, the BMR lock-out is good but I have never compared it to the Steeda.
With the vertical links, and lock-out from BMR my wheel hop is no longer.
That being said, I installed the kits along with the rear Sway bar from BMR and G force Drive Shafts turning MT drag Radials (305s) and I have zero wheel hop.
I honestly don't know if it was one thing or a combination of everything.

While I was throwing money at the car, I put the larger sway bar and lower K frame brace on the front end all from BMR. The suspension is very firm and plants itself into corners with very little body roll. oh, and the jack rails just for fun. Lots of red under that car.

I honestly think Steeda has a fine product as well as BMR. I decided that I would stick with one vendor/manufacturer and BMR just happened to be the one.

Can't go wrong either way
Thanks for the feedback; I actually have the g force driveshaft and ford performance half shafts. I noticed you mentioned lock outs but were these just the cradle locksout or did you also do differential lockouts as well? Also, did you use poly/delrin/spherical bushings ? If you didnt do the differential, I am guessing you've had no problems or cant notice the deflection in the diff?

Also just in case anyone wonders; i havent installed any of the suspension bits in my signature, just ordered them and only received some of the bmr bits; and specifically the bilsteins since I havent got an update from Bilstein just yet. But hoping this stuff I ordered all works well together. With the help of this thread I just snagged the Steeda alignment kit and the Steeda Diff bushing inserts. I will definitely report back once everything is installed. But still looking forward to the discussion; my suspension stuff is still in boxes and would consider changing based on the feedback I get.

Sponsored

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for the feedback; I actually have the g force driveshaft and ford performance half shafts. I noticed you mentioned lock outs but were these just the cradle locksout or did you also do differential lockouts as well? Also, did you use poly/delrin/spherical bushings ? If you didnt do the differential, I am guessing you've had no problems or cant notice the deflection in the diff?
Now that I read what I wrote, I meant to say G force half shafts:headbonk:
I did not do the differential only the cradle lock out.
Remembering that everything is subjective,and I don't have anything to compare it with.
I do not notice deflection and probably wouldn't know it unless I was driving something that had the differential lockouts.
Although NVH, well at least the N and H don't tend to bother me but, the idea was to reduce wheel hop and have a tighter suspension. Now that I seem to have that, I might just stop right there and blow money on something else like a clutch/flywheel package as when I really get on it, torque will override the clutch. Thinking of the RST.
Delrin!

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Another story, I did BMR in 2016 for the "cradle lockout" w/J&M billet aluminum bushings. The front bushings were too long so I cut them down to almost fit, "Lot's of clanking niose" & Bang pop sounds. Firday I'll have the Steeda delrin bushings replacing the J&M billet bushings. I hope these Steeda stop these noises.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Another story, I did BMR in 2016 for the "cradle lockout" w/J&M billet aluminum bushings. The front bushings were too long so I cut them down to almost fit, "Lot's of clanking niose" & Bang pop sounds. Firday I'll have the Steeda delrin bushings replacing the J&M billet bushings. I hope these Steeda stop these noises.
Im confused....u did bmr with j&m bushings? Are you referring to bmr cb005? I didnt think such a combination was possible; bmr cradle lockout with j&m bushings. Also, aluminum bushings are one of the stiffest and will result in 0 deflection so all aluminum bushings will be noisy. Delrin /poly should reduce noise. I will report back about my experience with my suspension bits once theyre installed.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Im confused....u did bmr with j&m bushings? Are you referring to bmr cb005? I didnt think such a combination was possible; bmr cradle lockout with j&m bushings. Also, aluminum bushings are one of the stiffest and will result in 0 deflection so all aluminum bushings will be noisy. Delrin /poly should reduce noise. I will report back about my experience with my suspension bits once theyre installed.
I think maybe he means differential bushings when he referred to J&M? There's cradle bushings or lockouts and then there's the differential bushings or lockouts.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
My Steeda poly differential bushing lockouts cause a shit ton of NVH at all speeds, primarily around 45mph. It’s to the point that I want to pull them back out, but don’t want to risk breaking the rearend.
Sponsored