Not open for further replies.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm definitely interested in getting one of these once funds will allow :)
Sponsored

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Is there any decibel verification of with and without the mat being applied inside the trunk? The measurement can be easily done as a high quality decibel meter is only 50 bucks on amazon. Would you please shoot a video driving the car on the same route, with and without the mat being applied, and show the sound curve at different cruising speed?

I would be happily pay for it if with a numerical demonstration.

Also, how is the idea of making those fit underneath the front seats and cabin carpets? How much of improvement do you think can be made compared to trunk only?

My car's summer tires are a ton more noisy than my winter tires and totally changed the driving experience, especially cruising. I would be highly willing to pay more if they can be applied inside the cabin as well.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Is there any decibel verification of with and without the mat being applied inside the trunk? The measurement can be easily done as a high quality decibel meter is only 50 bucks on amazon. Would you please shoot a video driving the car on the same route, with and without the mat being applied, and show the sound curve at different cruising speed?

I would be happily pay for it if with a numerical demonstration.

Also, how is the idea of making those fit underneath the front seats and cabin carpets? How much of improvement do you think can be made compared to trunk only?

My car's summer tires are a ton more noisy than my winter tires and totally changed the driving experience, especially cruising. I would be highly willing to pay more if they can be applied inside the cabin as well.
Originally when we tested the Blockit we used a Bruel & Kjaer ( #1 in sound and vibration equipment) Model 2250 Type 1 Sound Level Meter and it was ran by a trained sound engineer. There were significant db drops which is why the product has been our number one seller since 2009

We have 11 different systems for different makes and models. However we did not bring in an engineer for the latest C7 corvette or the Mustang 6 gen mats. We simply used real world testing based on what people actually hear and notice. Again the results were extremely positive.
I believe there is a link in my first post to a member here that tested the proto type and was real happy. Since then, there has been a lot of Mustang kits sold and numerous positive posts/ comments from members.
The Blockit helps take the edge of road/tire & exhaust noise. But if your looking for Cadillac quiet from a 30 second install. This is not for you.

As for mats under the seats.. If your looking to take it to the next level, then we suggest our DeadMats. They are thin and can be placed almost anywhere that will help with noise and vibration (ie: under seat, trunk wall, doors...etc) The weight to performance level is amazing. Unlike the Blockit, DeadMats go under the carpet. They are a "cut, peel & stick" application.

I hope that helps.
Ed

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
And that would be me! [MENTION=21370]Jared_J[/MENTION], search my thread posts (I can't this sec since not on pc otherwise I'd post links) for my review and such on this product.

Sponsored

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Originally when we tested the Blockit we used a Bruel & Kjaer ( #1 in sound and vibration equipment) Model 2250 Type 1 Sound Level Meter and it was ran by a trained sound engineer. There were significant db drops which is why the product has been our number one seller since 2009

We have 11 different systems for different makes and models. However we did not bring in an engineer for the latest C7 corvette or the Mustang 6 gen mats. We simply used real world testing based on what people actually hear and notice. Again the results were extremely positive.
I believe there is a link in my first post to a member here that tested the proto type and was real happy. Since then, there has been a lot of Mustang kits sold and numerous positive posts/ comments from members.
The Blockit helps take the edge of road/tire & exhaust noise. But if your looking for Cadillac quiet from a 30 second install. This is not for you.

As for mats under the seats.. If your looking to take it to the next level, then we suggest our DeadMats. They are thin and can be placed almost anywhere that will help with noise and vibration (ie: under seat, trunk wall, doors...etc) The weight to performance level is amazing. Unlike the Blockit, DeadMats go under the carpet. They are a "cut, peel & stick" application.

I hope that helps.
Ed
Thanks for the explaining. Since you have already done some serious testing for the prototype, would you mind posting the test results? How much is the db drop in the prototype? Doesn't matter which vehicle platform it was applied, just the AB results on one single vehicle would be sufficient.

I'm not expecting Cadillac level quietness, just want to improve my ride comfort. But I would like to make sure the effect of the investment can be scientifically verified.

Since you mentioned patent, I did a quick search and found a similar patented product from 2011:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6983822B2/en
It's for cabin carpet and there is very detailed data verifying the effect. Since you intend to apply for a patent, you would need the experimental statistics later anyway, wouldn't it be a good idea to demonstrate some data for some solid promotion?

Looks like a customer at corvette forum has done the test, but it really should be your work to provide a professional set of test data:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum.../3963391-block-it-sound-deadening-review.html

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Thanks for the explaining. Since you have already done some serious testing for the prototype, would you mind posting the test results? How much is the db drop in the prototype? Doesn't matter which vehicle platform it was applied, just the AB results on one single vehicle would be sufficient.

I'm not expecting Cadillac level quietness, just want to improve my ride comfort. But I would like to make sure the effect of the investment can be scientifically verified.

Since you mentioned patent, I did a quick search and found a similar patented product from 2011:
https://patents.google.com/patent/US6983822B2/en
It's for cabin carpet and there is very detailed data verifying the effect. Since you intend to apply for a patent, you would need the experimental statistics later anyway, wouldn't it be a good idea to demonstrate some data for some solid promotion?

Looks like a customer at corvette forum has done the test, but it really should be your work to provide a professional set of test data:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum.../3963391-block-it-sound-deadening-review.html
I appreciate your response but you really need to read what I originally wrote.
I clearly stated we did not use a meter for the stangs proto type, so there are no numbers. We went by real world testing using feedback from a member from this forum before going forward. We feel that’s what matters anyway. More on that in a second.

You mentioned you wouldn’t mind results “from any platform”… if you mean, any model 6th gen Stang, well, I believe I already answered that. If you mean any make or model…
When we originally tested we received a 5 db drop in 5th gear at the dreaded 1500 rpm and a 6 db drop AT 2000 rpm in a c6 Corvette, manual trans with an open cargo area using a 3 piece kit.
As soon as I can figure it out, I'll try and post a graph from that test session.
As good as it is I'm not sure how this is really relevant to the stang kit which is why we encourage you to listen to non bias customers here on this forum.

You provided a link to a thread from the corvette forum which was a member who was simply curious and used his phone and an app for testing.
I think its great people do this. Even though the results are good, the problem is when using a phone you can short change the number you receive for the noise reduction/ DB drop.
Some Iphones have built in high pass filters with a roll off of around 24 db/octave below 250 hz . This means that the measurements you’re getting from an Iphone will be highly inaccurate at these low frequencies. They will not incorporate well into the overall sound levels. The overall level is dominated by frequencies that the iphone will not pick up. Even iphones without high pass filters still have issues when getting a true reading when using these apps.
This is why people experience more noise reduction to their actual ears. Again this to us is more important and what really matters.

Since you brought up Corvette forum customers, here are some other posts from Customers from the same corvette forum.

Absolutely incredible how quiet the car is now. GREAT PRODUCT!!!
Hey, just a quick shout out for a good product. I installed this in my '16 Z-06 and I'm very pleased with the product quality and sound. I still clearly hear the lovely rap of the exhaust, but not a lot of the tire noise on our nasty worn roads. Very pleased with this product.
I installed the 3 piece system and finally got a chance to do a test drive this evening. I was very pleasantly surprised how well it worked as the improvement was immediately noticeable. The noise level inside the cabin was reduced and I had to lower the radio volume since it was so much easier to hear. I can still hear the nice sound of the engine & exhaust, but without the annoying road noises. Very pleased with this purchase.
It definitely made a big difference for me. It took all of a minute to put in my car and did have a noticeable effect on the sound. Great product.

I installed the Blockit sound insulation mat and the behind the seat panels this weekend and I am very impressed. The mat just goes in the hatch area and the fit is excellent. I installed the two panels that go behind the seats behind the carpet. The carpet in that area is not tacked down so it is easy to do.
The mat looks very polished in the rear cargo area so I don't think that I will add an aftermarket cargo mat on top of it.

While commuting to work this morning on the freeway I really did notice a difference. I did not have to crank the radio way up and the voices and music were much clearer.

If you are looking for a real easy sound insulation solution I would recommend this product.
Great product! It does work. I also bought the LLoyds cargo mat for the hatch and now the car is super quiet. It's worth the money! :thumbs:
Amazing how this works! Makes a convertible even quieter Highly recommended.
I just put one in my '05 coupe. The difference in interior sound was instantly noticable. After cranking it up I had to put the window down a little to make sure the engine was running OK.
Worth it, made a big difference.

It did however, take me double the 30 second recommended install time, due to me flopping it in there upside down and then having to take it out and flip it over because I didn't read the instructions. :smash:
I install on my 2005 and could tell a difference immediately. Now I know when the wife is in the car!:rofl:Great product, does what Ed claims.
Very pleased w this addition!:D
I have had mine over a year and love it.
Very evident reduction of noise level. Easy install under the factory carpet behind the seats as per the instructions and the rear mat was cut to perfection. Well worth the $ spent.
Ed,
I finally received my Block It yesterday. Install was less than 10 minutes and YES it does make a differents. Well worth the wait.
Vincent
I purchased a "blockit" for the road noise coming from the back of the car. It really helped a lot. I also have a Lloyds cargo mat sitting on top of the blockit as well………….

I got mine yesterday and installed it last night.

First drive to work this morning and I can tell you it makes a big difference. Those that say it doesn't must have some really frickn' loud exhausts.
It took the resonance away that the road puts through the rear hatch area (hatch floor, plastic) and the road noise from the tires is probably cut in half.
There's also a noticeable "quietness" inside the rear now that I never had before. I always had that "white noise" behind my head from all the noises coming from the rear hatch area. Now it sounds like the entire car is quieter.
It made such a difference I am no longer worried about putting dynamat or peel and seal in my car. I will however still do the peel and seal on the floor boards under the car because now that the rear is so much quiter I hear road noise from under the car... lol.

Overall, it's a great buy and I'm glad I bought mine!! :thumbs:
To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference.:eek: I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.:cheers:
installed yesterday, wife noticed the difference! Works for me. Seems to work despite the lack of software or complex electronics:thumbs:
I received the BLOCKIT from TKO Performance just in time for
me to test it on a run to NCM. Install was a snap.
Good product, promptly shipped,
The noise difference is very noticeable and makes the Bose sound better. I am very happy with this
purchase.."

Rich, Cinn. OHIO

I was at Carlisle and the Blockit was sold out, so I bought the demo kit that was inside the Corvette parked under the TKO tent. In my opinion, it was worth it because it works. My C6 is very loud, as it is cammed, etc., with headers & NPP. It has an annoying low rpm drone. With muffler flaps open it is unbearable for cruising below 1,950 rpms. Even with flaps closed, the drone was very annoying below 1,950. Most of my cruising is between 1,700 and 1,950 rpms in 6th gear with 4.10 gears. With the blockit installed, the drone is gone at these rpms with flaps closed. Not just reduced, but gone. Below 1,700 drone is reduced to a bearable level.

With muffler flaps open the drone is reduced with the kit, but still louder than my comfort level. But it's a moot point now.
Worth the couple of bucks it costs

Did it myself last week. Like it. I also put the pieces behind the seats UNDER the carpet. Cleaner look.
I have it also and give it a :thumbs:
Glad I got it and it makes a nice difference :cheers:
:iagree::thumbs::cheers:

I bought it from TKO as part of the group purchase. I think it is well worth the investment. It really reduces cabin noise from the Goodyear run flat tires.
I have had mine installed about a week. The noise difference is very noticable and makes the Bose sound better. I am very happy with this purchase. Not able to tell about the cabin heat since it has been in t:thumbs:the 100's here. :thumbs:
I'm happy with my BLOCKIT drop in kit. I have had it on several road trips and it does work. Easy install too. I can't say about the heat. It was relatively cool last few weeks. Now Summer is here.
Having had Blockit in my Z06 - I thought it did a great job reducing noise so I added it to the C7 - Z51.

It arrived packaged well. Easy install with a precise fit. I was able to use the rings and shade. I found it able to make a nice noise reduction on all surfaces around Little Rock including interstate and different road surfaces including concrete and asphalt.
I'm very happy with the product!
…..On rough pavement we can actually have a conversation without yelling. Stereo sounds great but we can still hear and feel that awesome exhaust!

Thanks TKO

Installed on my C7 Z06. TRANSFORMATIONAL! The reduction in tire noise is astonishing. Being an engineer I had planned to use my laboratory dB meter to measure noise levels with and without the TKO Blockit kit. As it turns out there is no need to do so because the noise reduction is truly dramatic. This kit is a "must have" for all but deaf C7 owners. I had a '14 Z51 which had hellacious tire noise. I was exhausted after driving it for 3-4 hours. The '15 Z06 was significantly quieter and rides more smoothly....think Chevy vehicle engineers softened the suspension bushings. Seems to be well known that the '15 is a quieter car. Just can't believe how such a relatively inexpensive and easily installed kit can be so effective. I could now drive the car across country....yes, it's that good.

I have used this product on my C6 and C7 and am very satisfied. It works as advertised.
Well, I had a chance to test drive my car on some roads that previously had some serious tire noise due to the road conditions. For the ease of installation and simpleness of the product; I'm very pleased with the it. I was able to lower my radio volume from where it used to be, and hold conversations without raising my voice. In fact I am now aware of other noises that I hadn't previously heard.
So bottom line: I'd recommend(your hearing my vary) .
I can't say it's equal to the kits that require full interior dis-assembly since I didn't do that, but I definitely feel there is value in the product. If you are in Southern Calif and want to try in your car, come by and we'll throw it in and you can hear for yourself. Or just take my car for a test drive.

Tom
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
I installed these two items to help with road noise and was blown away at the difference it made. The reduction in noise from the rear of the car is staggering, I highly suggest it if you are annoyed by tire noise. Be careful in touring mode you might fall asleep.
I ordered two sets of the three piece kit-- one for me and one for my dad. We both agree that there is absolutely a noticeable difference after the mats were installed. The car is noticeably quieter at highway speeds. We're both happy with them!
We're still happy with ours. Definitely takes the edge off tire noise/rumble on the highway.

Received my set of sound deadeners yesterday and promptly installed them in about 10 minutes.

Started the car in my garage and could hardly hear the exhaust with the windows up. Backed it outside ( a lot of snow here now ) and tried the same thing, windows down ,windows up. I will not get to take the Z06 out until spring, but I can tell you that there is a substantial difference in the noise factor just sitting in the car and listening to it run.

Great product. Can't wait to do a more extensive test in the spring, but initially this seems to be a great product !!

Many thanks,
Dave
Got mine in today. 5 minute install. Works great. Fit and finish on point. Nicely done. Highly recommend. Not a bad way to spend $220. (In my Toretto voice).
:iagree: I just installed mine (took about 2 min) and the difference is night and day. Definitely recommend.
I installed the basic 3 piece set and they really cut down on the road and noise.
3pc set with aftermarket carpet on top in hatch works great. Almost too great for exhaust sound. :D

I installed Mich A/S tires which helped a lot but the Block-it mats finished the job. Almost no road and tire noise. And I still have the deadmats to install if I want.
I can now carry a conversation and listen to radio. The Blockit Kit was super easy to install maybe 5 minutes. Amazing reduction of road noise.
Got mine for my 16 coupe and works like a charm..Very easy to install.

Jerry in Minnesota.
I added the "blockit" to my 2008 C6 and it made a huge difference in the cabin noise. I can actually have a conversation and/or listen to the radio without the overwhelming road noise that is usually generated in the cargo area. Great Product.

Just got my Blockit mats today and did a roadtest on the concrete I16 around Savannah and a couple miles on local black top.
Super easy install - drop in and forget it. I have a coupe.
Big rear mat had the slits for rings.
Put my Stingray logo rear carpet on top of the mat and also put the mats behind the seats.
I can tell a difference in noise ; can hear the radio better and believe a long cruise will be far more pleasant.

I have the Blockit mats. My wife can hear like you wouldn't believe. She is the perfect test for these. She stated to me that there was a significant difference in sound reduction. That's good enough for me. I thought there was a difference too, but I didn't want to rule out wishful thinking on my part so I had her listen before and after.
I put it in my 2016 Z06 last week and the difference is very noticeable. Less tire noise, radio volume setting is lower now and much more enjoyable. As another poster noted the exhaust sound now stands out more; my Z06 exhaust is normally set to track mode.

I did notice the action of the Bose audio pilot (auto volume compensation) is much more noticeable now and I turned it off.
obviously super simple to put install, in a 10 min trip to the store... noticeably quieter. i have LTH, high flow cats, and factory npp. to me it sounded like i had the flaps closed.. maybe even more quiet than that.
…… is it worth the $230?? to me yeah, because i am lazy don't want to pull all the carpet out.... so with that being said, money well spent to me
I received and installed my "Block It" order today. Took the car out for a ride when I was done and found it was much quieter. In my opinion, this stuff is fantastic. I do have to say that covering it with the mat completes the look.
I purchased the BLOCKIT "QUICK & QUIET" DROP IN NOISE DEADENING MATS AND THE BLOCKIT DEAD MATS 18 "X 32" - 5 SHEETS

Really reduced road noise without reducing the exhaust note. Now I don't need to turn the radio up so high.

Must have add-ons. Worth the $$.
Received order and wrinkles were gone after laying out overnight.

Got a chance to "install" today and take a quick ride before the weather arrived. Pleased to say wife and I observed a noticeable reduction in road noise and it was easier to converse.

Thanks!
Jim

Installed the three piece Block It in my 2003 coupe and found that it works very well to calm down the drum-like acoustical problem of the rear hatch area.

Two thumbs up for this product. :rock:
Noticeably reduced the tire road noise reverberating through the rear compartment. When I first got the car I noticed that early on - the rear hatch area magnifying that sound of the big Z51 tires (my C6 was not a Z51). The Block It reduced that considerably.
I bought the set from Blockit. It seemed to cut the exhaust roar down about 1/3. Worth the $229 I paid.
This stuff works! Put it in, didn't tell the wife and she said "is your car quieter than normal?"

I guess that's a good test of the sound-deadening ability!
Finally put the top up. Certainly can tell the difference. Car is a bit quieter, you still hear the roar at take off from dead stops and when u hit the gas. But when cruising it's a nice peaceful quiet. But even more important to me, my c5 is a daily driver and living in Fl it gets really hot. I've noticed that my trunk is a lot cooler. Every night when I leave work I put my laptop bag in the trunk and I think hope the heat doesn't kill this thing. Well since the block it install the trunk with the top up or down seems much cooler. Well worth the price of admission lol.

I ordered the 3 piece set for my Z06 and yeah it really works. I noticed a significant reduction in road noise. The pads are pretty heavy (dense) which I'm sure contributes to the effectiveness at reducing noise. :thumbs:
I got my sound deadening kit for my vert from TKO Performance. Kit came with a mat for the trunk and a piece for behind each of the front seats. Noticeable improvement.

Jim
…..Another thing I did was add the Blockit sound deadening mats to the rear hatch area. These things actually work well to attenuate the wind and road noise so that the exhaust sound comes through. I am surprised how well they work for this and it was unexpected.

My car is an 89 with the L98 engine, ….

Received mine today; installed and drove; it really does make a difference; Thanks for making a great product; I personally wish Corvette would offer a "sound deadening" option as I would buy it even if it was somewhat costly!!! This works great and easy to install!!, Dwight Alexander
.…the wait was worth it. They cut the sound down dramatically, and I can listen to music at a normal level without having to crank it up in order to drown out tire noise. Great product.

I dropped in a set of Block It sound mats (cargo area plus one behind each seat) in my C7 Stingray coupe.
Using the Decibel X Pro app, I measured 2 - 5 dB lower noise levels on varying roads at varying speeds, which was noticeable, but more importantly, the cargo pad cut down the reverberations from the drum head that is the cargo floor and reduced the noise spikes generated by road joints and seams... The 'Vette is now about as quiet as my '11 Mustang GT 5.0, my previous "touring" car...
The pads aren't cheap, and do add weight, but they attenuate much of the most annoying noise from the back of the car. IMO worth the money.
I bought one of these kits, and they work. I have a very loud ZO6 , and the kit reduced the noise level down considerably. As least according to my wife, who did not like the roar. Well worth the cash. Fits right in, took about 3 minutes to install and looks OK.

Regardless of the numbers, what’s important to us these days is what people actually experience with their own ears in their vehicles. It’s what matters. So far so good.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thank you sir! That's all I need to confirm my investment. Will place the order soon.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Your welcome!
Call me to go over any other questions you might have :cheers:
May I have an update on the Forum coupon?
Website says "Date range is invalid (1/25/2018 - 2/24/2018)" :doh:
Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
May I have an update on the Forum coupon?
Website says "Date range is invalid (1/25/2018 - 2/24/2018)" :doh:
Thanks!
Hmmm I wanted that extended. I'll fix it.
But until I update the website you can email ([email protected]) or pm your phone number. I'll call you and take the order on the phone. I'll manually apply the special price.
:thumbsup:
Ed

Last edited:

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
First of all the weight and fit of the product was perfect. I am always amazed at how some "bolt-on" parts just don't fit how they are supposed to, so I always enjoy a product that fits well.

As for the noise reduction I really notice it when my airlift compressors in the spare tire well go off. The sound is greatly reduced. Since installing the mat I have added a different/louder exhaust so the sound difference in that is uknown for now. I'll test that out when the weather warms up.

Overall great product. Thank you!

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Back in stock. Orders are shipping Thank you all :thumbsup:

Do you sell ones that go behind the rear seats that go with this?
Not for the Stang. Like the Camaro its a one piece kit. The pieces for behind the seats are for the Corvette which is way louder and has no back seat.
:cheers:

Ed
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.