Sponsored

Mishimoto Induction Tube

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
You need a tune. The amount that wakes it up is amazing. Tune plus tube is fantastic.

FWIW, the car seemed to have better overall drivability and pulls smoother at part throttle vs. the stock tube.
Thanks BmacIL! I checked some old posts of yours but didn't see the answer so can I ask which tune you recommend?

and I appreciate the feedback!:cheers:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks BmacIL! I checked some old posts of yours but didn't see the answer so can I ask which tune you recommend?

and I appreciate the feedback!:cheers:
Any of the reputable tuners would be great. I'm very happy with my Livernois tune. The tuner device doesn't datalog, which is a miss for some, but it works extremely well, takes almost no time to switch tunes and Livernois has free tune updates for life. I've already on my third revision, both of which included custom requests. I was pretty surprised at how much the tune did for explosiveness and visceral feel. If you do decide to go with them, ask for the V11 performance tune with the linear driver demand table. Drives just like stock when you're just driving normally, but just more everywhere, and overall better response.

Lund, AED, Ron Schoemaker all great options as well.

Reactions: A7X

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Any of the reputable tuners would be great. I'm very happy with my Livernois tune. The tuner device doesn't datalog, which is a miss for some, but it works extremely well, takes almost no time to switch tunes and Livernois has free tune updates for life. I've already on my third revision, both of which included custom requests. I was pretty surprised at how much the tune did for explosiveness and visceral feel. If you do decide to go with them, ask for the V11 performance tune with the linear driver demand table. Drives just like stock when you're just driving normally, but just more everywhere, and overall better response.

Lund, AED, Ron Schoemaker all great options as well.
BmacIL I really appreciate this.

I'll check into the above

Thanks again!

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I know this is off topic has anyone with the airaid intake tube only seen any gains in power? I'm running one with a aem dry filter and it seems stronger and way better throttle response . This mishimoto seems to give about 10-15 but does the airaid tube give any proven power gains?

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Tube is being delivered today. Don't have time to bring it to a dyno for a couple weeks. Anyone see an issue with installing for a couple weeks and dyno, then put in the stock tube for a couple weeks and dyno to compare results? How much will the conditions alter the dyno results? Looking to get the dyno at the exact same place of OP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Tube is being delivered today. Don't have time to bring it to a dyno for a couple weeks. Anyone see an issue with installing for a couple weeks and dyno, then put in the stock tube for a couple weeks and dyno to compare results? How much will the conditions alter the dyno results? Looking to get the dyno at the exact same place of OP.
The weather should be in the same ball park even though there should be a correction factor. Would be nice to more and more data/results.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As mentioned, atmospheric differences will be in play.

I wonder which has the most effect on repeat-ability: learning time of the ECU or the dyno's ability to accurately adjust the graphs for some base conditions (can't remember the dyno term I've heard used for that).

Since I am most interested in how it performs after the car adjusts for it, I like the idea of weeks apart dyno runs between stock and Mishi.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Would it be safe to install this mishimoto tube (as well as a dry air filter and the velossa big mouth) before my warranty expires, or should I wait until I hit 36k miles? I’m definitely waiting until then to tune.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would it be safe to install this mishimoto tube (as well as a dry air filter and the velossa big mouth) before my warranty expires, or should I wait until I hit 36k miles? I’m definitely waiting until then to tune.
Yes this does not affect warranty. FYI your powertrain warranty is 5 years / 60k miles.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
This is my exact set up. I love it. I also cut off the forward most resonator along with the carbon trap in the filter housing. The resonator removal made it have some nice growl like a "cold air" intake.

Sponsored

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
This is my exact set up. I love it. I also cut off the forward most resonator along with the carbon trap in the filter housing. The resonator removal made it have some nice growl like a "cold air" intake.

What did you have to do to plug the fore resonator hole?

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What did you have to do to plug the fore resonator hole?
I purchased the over priced(to some people) cover from Velossa. But I was told by a reliable source(Heremy), that you can use a center cap. I will check tonight to see if a stock center cap will fit from the PP wheels.

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Anybody need this tube? I have a brand new unopened one in red. Got it for $135 but will sell it for $120 OBO. Please PM if interested.
Sponsored