Sponsored

Germany tired of Mustang

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A Mustang is a modern day muscle car.
Because there are not too many cars today with muscle. Sorry for the fact drop...
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
This review will probably butt hurt a few muscle/pony car debate team entrants on here....

The fact is that it IS a muscle car to Euro buyers. Always has been, always will be. Nobody knows what a Pony Car is on this side of the Atlantic.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This review will probably butt hurt a few muscle/pony car debate team entrants on here....

The fact is that it IS a muscle car to Euro buyers. Always has been, always will be. Nobody knows what a Pony Car is on this side of the Atlantic.
and only 125,000€...nice :)

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
40000 Euros for the car and 68000euro co2 tax.. wow. we are so screwed in the stupid green and left ruled EU. They call it CO2 Tax. Funny when you know that there is only 0,038% CO2 in the Air.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I don’t see how increasing taxes do much but line politicians pockets. If they want to decrease pollution, they should have a strict limit else the vehicle isn’t allowed.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I don’t see how increasing taxes do much but line politicians pockets. If they want to decrease pollution, they should have a strict limit else the vehicle isn’t allowed.
Defintely not pro taxes and I've got a decent sized carbon footprint, but the logic is clear. Higher taxes for certain sized cars (or engine sizes) reduce the number of those cars on the road. It also reduces pollution, at least from cars. Norway and Denmark are perfect examples. There is no correlation between a politician's pay and taxes.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Defintely not pro taxes and I've got a decent sized carbon footprint, but the logic is clear. Higher taxes for certain sized cars (or engine sizes) reduce the number of those cars on the road. It also reduces pollution, at least from cars. Norway and Denmark are perfect examples. There is no correlation between a politician's pay and taxes.
I have to agree.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Here's the thing why not outright ban them if environmentalism is that important to them? The current method merely allows the rich to drive what they want. While I'm unaware of how politicians in all the Europeans states are elected (I do know EU politicians are unelected) nor how their pay is determined, but if its anything like the US, politicians basically set their own income with approval of the president.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Sorry guys, but the new 8-series is a visual successor of the 2011 6-series.

Also it's pretty well known that the S550 was designed with the 2012 Aston Martin Vantage in mind, since the designer of the S550 is related to the designer of the Vantage. And I think you can ask anybody what they think about S550 compared to 5th gen and I think most people will argue that it looks more european, not that european cars now start to look like Mustangs... ;)

If you see any more visual similarities then congratulations for finding out how coupe rooflines look like - Even the 2012 A5 Sportsback has the same sidelines as the S550 :shrug:
BMW-8-Series_Coupe-2019-1280-08.jpg
984f4d0d-bmw-8-series-6-series-visual-comp-4.jpg
ASTONMARTINV8VantageS-4374_3.jpg
Ford-Mustang_GT-2015-1600-29.jpg

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm just trying to help. If you want to cal a Pony car a Muscle car, go right ahead.

Mustangs, Camaros, and Firebirds have always been Pony cars. It's a discussion only for the uninformed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony_car
eh I think most people would consider "pony cars" a sub category of the "muscle car" class.

I mean just wikipedia muscle cars and you'll find mustangs and camaros listed. Or better yet, go on caranddriver.com and you'll find mustangs and camaros specifically in the "muscle car" category.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I call mine a sports car, or as Carroll Shelby would say, a sport car. (He liked automatic gearboxes too, the softy).
He liked automatics when he was 70+.
I have not seen any evidence he liked them when he was younger and relatively fit.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Who cares what Shelby liked. What matters is what YOU like.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Here's the thing why not outright ban them if environmentalism is that important to them? The current method merely allows the rich to drive what they want. While I'm unaware of how politicians in all the Europeans states are elected (I do know EU politicians are unelected) nor how their pay is determined, but if its anything like the US, politicians basically set their own income with approval of the president.
Not expressing a political opinion, just expressing facts. Higher taxes based on engine size decreases the use of those cars and has nothing to do with politians' pay. V8 Mustangs fall into that category. Germany has a linear tax based on engine size. Some countries have non-linear systems, which means the tax increases exponentially relative to displacement and HP (Belgium, NL, etc). As for outright bans, some cities ban private cars during certain hours. Rome was one of the first, because exhaust was destroying old buildings (Colloseum, etc). So, again, politics aside, the point was "Mustang love" in Germany and other places in Europe is affected by import prices and taxes, yet the roads are still full of them. By the way, the "rich drive what they want" scheme applies everywhere, or 1/2 the people on this forum would be on the Lambo forum...
Sponsored