Sponsored

Reverse Camera guidance lines gone

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
I noticed yesterday that the guidance lines on my reversing camera have gone, have tried absolutely everything to get them back with no luck.
I know they can be turned on and off with the advanced park pilot option, but thats turned on (the picture of the car in the top right comes on with the radar around it)
I've tried disconnecting the battery, doing a master reset within the Sync options. Car has been driven several times inbetween trying to fix it.

Aside from going back to the dealer i'm out of ideas, anyone else had this?
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Normally rear camera issues are attributed to a damaged wiring harness (flex when the trunk/boot opens and closes).

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine did that on occasion and its due to a software error. Camera image enhancement and the lines wouldn't appear at all or until a few moments later once the OS caught up.

Turn off the car and wait for a minimum of 15 minutes for the system to fully shut down, maybe even disconnect the battery.

Start her back up and wait for Sync to load fully before putting it into reverse. If that doesn't work, factory reset Sync.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Mine did that on occasion and its due to a software error. Camera image enhancement and the lines wouldn't appear at all or until a few moments later once the OS caught up.

Turn off the car and wait for a minimum of 15 minutes for the system to fully shut down, maybe even disconnect the battery.

Start her back up and wait for Sync to load fully before putting it into reverse. If that doesn't work, factory reset Sync.

As i said in original post mate i've done all of that. I have a feeling its a trip back to Lookers.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As i said in original post mate i've done all of that. I have a feeling its a trip back to Lookers.
That's why I shouldn't skim read before coffee! My apologies.

Yes, that sounds like a trip back to lookers. They'll probably just reinstall the OS (something you wouldn't be able to do on the driveway I imagine).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Fixed it, OBD adapter & Forscan to the rescue. Ran a DTC scan which showed the car throwing a B115E - Camera Module code.
Reset the BCM & APIM using Forscan and the lines came back.

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
For the benefit of others reading this post that might just have a very simple problem like I did once - check the boot is shut !

(If the boot is open, then the camera will be pointing up in the air to some degree, hence the lines are switched-off to avoid misleading the driver)
Sponsored