Sponsored

Questions About Shipping Blocks

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
I have searched & read some of the stories about the shipping blocks. To my understanding they are placed from Flat Rock to protect the Magnaride tuning. Is this correct?

What I am wondering is, if they are used in the shipment of the cars to first point of delivery, taken out, what happens when these cars are trailered time after time to tracks? Is there a reason to be concerned? Which is the better method of securing these cars when transporting, booming down from the frame to the deck or using wheel straps to the deck?

If this is a repeat of earlier posts please forgive & direct where there is good info.

TIA
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have searched & read some of the stories about the shipping blocks. To my understanding they are placed from Flat Rock to protect the Magnaride tuning. Is this correct?

What I am wondering is, if they are used in the shipment of the cars to first point of delivery, taken out, what happens when these cars are trailered time after time to tracks? Is there a reason to be concerned? Which is the better method of securing these cars when transporting, booming down from the frame to the deck or using wheel straps to the deck?

If this is a repeat of earlier posts please forgive & direct where there is good info.

TIA
Spring spacers are only used on the R's, they are not to protect the Magnaride, they allow the lower set of the R cars to be loaded and unloaded on the ramps without damaging any lower components.

OP
OP
zzrat

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Thanks GT Dave, Sounds as tho they were designed to head off damage while loading on/off car transports of rail/truck. Shouldn't be to concerned about consumer use.

Have been looking into a trailer & finding some manufactures offer the rear fold down door with "extra fold" set of ramps incorporated with door for low profile cars. This looks like the best fit for the R model.

Thanks!
Sponsored