Sponsored

Paint protection film vs Ceramic coating?

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
I felt the same way. Ended up getting a partial nose done, the applying CQuartz to the rest of the car myself. I feel like I cost the best of the protection/cost equation.
Same here. Very happy with results on both.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually looking at a place local to where I will get the car.They do both PPF and ceramic coating. Now if I get it before Christmas I'll see if they can PPF the hood and the parts where rock chips happen. Then later on I'll get them to ceramic coat the whole car. Or should I have them PPF the whole car?

If I get my car before Christmas. My mother and I might head down to Florida to have Christmas with my sister.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just had PPF and ceramic coating done to my car and both are great. I’m using the new 3M ProSeries Phil and I find it to be just as good if not superior to Xpel.

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
How much do you guys typically pay for a partial ppf, front bumper, front of hood and side mirrors?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
How much do you guys typically pay for a partial ppf, front bumper, front of hood and side mirrors?
Mine was around $1000. Wish I had got the full frontal for around $1500. As luck would have it the car got hit a stick about 6 inches past where the PPF ends. Also nice to not see the line.

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
DIY was about $350 with 3M pro stuff. Go for it. Watch a bunch of youtube first, have a clean, bright shop to work in, and go for it.

Otherwise, you are looking at the better part of a grand or better.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
No one will believe me but I am just putting this out there. If you buy a kit online you'll spend say, $150-$200 on a bumper kit in a good quality film (xpel, suntek, 3m pro), and I can promise you with 100% certainty you will waste that film. Applying PPF POORLY is not easy, applying it properly takes years, and years, of experience. Find a good installer, pay to have it done properly, and enjoy your car.
I disagree. While there is a spot or two that could have been better, most people do not even know it is on there. When I had to get the hood done (full) due to hail damage, the people at the place were super impressed that I DIY'd and seriously offered me work.

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Thanks for your advice guys. I got a quote for 850 for partial ppf...ceramic coating I can do myself, but scared of doing ppf diy.

In terms of areas to ppf, I am so far going with front bumper, partial hood and mirrors. Are there any other must do areas? Ppf the whole car it's super expensive. I have a 18 gt convertible.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
If you're going to do it, do the whole hood. The line across looks like shit

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can get the front done for $600-$750 here in California. I had a lot more done on mine. Full front,full hood,rockers,full roof and trunk top,spoiler and rear bumper area around the trunk. The New 3M Pro stuff is great and I like it more then Xpel. That’s what I had on my last car.
Sponsored