Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
At very low rpms only. A place where the 5.0 has little to offer...
Very low meaning what specifically? And is it consistent? Do you have your sound tube connected still?

Thanks!
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would say between 1200-1500 rpm consistently. Sound tube is gone and added some noico on the flat panels in the trunk. Also have a full size spare damping that area. I would recommend sound deadener on all flat panels in the trunk area.
If you have a manual trans, you can avoid being in low rpms easier than my automatic...

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say between 1200-1500 rpm consistently. Sound tube is gone and added some noico on the flat panels in the trunk. Also have a full size spare damping that area. I would recommend sound deadener on all flat panels in the trunk area.
If you have a manual trans, you can avoid being in low rpms easier than my automatic...
I do have manual and I'm only below 1500rpms for a second or two when starting from a stop.

Not sure how healthy it is but I usually cruise at 2500-4000 and then sprint at 4000-7000.

I'm not keen on adding any dampening material. Is that because you do cruise at 1500 or so and are trying to eliminate the drone or does it serve some other purpose for you?

Thanks

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I do have manual and I'm only below 1500rpms for a second or two when starting from a stop.

Not sure how healthy it is but I usually cruise at 2500-4000 and then sprint at 4000-7000.

I'm not keen on adding any dampening material. Is that because you do cruise at 1500 or so and are trying to eliminate the drone or does it serve some other purpose for you?

Thanks
If you have drone at higher rpms I understand your disappointment. Your rpms are fine.
My auto likes to keep low rpms around town, hence the material. It might help the subwoofer sounds also.
Why so resistant to dampening material? Not sure I even used half of this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZ5X7KO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015WJH4ZW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have drone at higher rpms I understand your disappointment. Your rpms are fine.
My auto likes to keep low rpms around town, hence the material. It might help the subwoofer sounds also.
Why so resistant to dampening material? Not sure I even used half of this...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KZ5X7KO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015WJH4ZW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My mistake with the dampening material. I see it goes BEHIND the liner right against the metal. I was resistant because I thought it was just set/stuffed in the trunk and changed the function and appearance of the space.

I haven't bought any axle backs...yet. But memorial day I'm hoping for a sale to save a few bucks. I'm just trying to gather data now so that I know everything I need to PRIOR to pulling the trigger so I don't end up with any regrets.

Thanks

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
You probably won't even experience it the way you drive, which is pretty normal.
I have 3.15 rear gears, so I tend to be at lower rpms...

OP
OP

HeadShrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Performance Pkg, Comp Orange
This thread really took off. I've had the CJPP axle backs on my car for a few months now. I don't really know if the sound changed over time as the system broke in, but I suspect it didn't really.

Drone, I think there is a small amount when cruising in 6th gear around 75-80 mph. It doesn't bother me and I mentioned it to my wife and she said she couldn't hear what I was talking about. So it doesn't bother me at all.

Sound. I think it sounds good, but I think I will change it out this summer for a full cat-back system. I want something louder and maybe with the occasional pop or crackle. This system doesn't do that at all, which is fine for what it is.

Overall I continue to be pleased with the purchase. Fit and quality are good. Drove my car daily through the Denver winter and didn't wash it religiously and there is no noticeable difference to the CJPP system.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread really took off. I've had the CJPP axle backs on my car for a few months now. I don't really know if the sound changed over time as the system broke in, but I suspect it didn't really.

Drone, I think there is a small amount when cruising in 6th gear around 75-80 mph. It doesn't bother me and I mentioned it to my wife and she said she couldn't hear what I was talking about. So it doesn't bother me at all.

Sound. I think it sounds good, but I think I will change it out this summer for a full cat-back system. I want something louder and maybe with the occasional pop or crackle. This system doesn't do that at all, which is fine for what it is.

Overall I continue to be pleased with the purchase. Fit and quality are good. Drove my car daily through the Denver winter and didn't wash it religiously and there is no noticeable difference to the CJPP system.
What system are you looking to replace it with?

Thanks

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We tried Noico in the trunk of one car vs the other car without. It made a difference that you can both hear and see with a db meter. The comparison was completed before my axle back install and I would do it again, with or without an exhaust swap. Butyl sound deadening material works great on sounds above 70hz. The trunk well and vertical portion of the rear panel (where the trunk latches) made a noticeable difference in quieting down the cabin. Especially when driving over grooved concrete roads, railroad tracks, etc... The total weight of all the pieces installed weighed 6.1 lbs. The install is located here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2096082#post2096082
I greatly appreciate the info and pics. I certainly learned something about sound deadening material.

However, I thought this exhaust kit was more plug and play rather than plug, see what tweaking needs to be done to minimize undesired effects....and then play...and if still not liking it, pay someone to weld the old system back on.

I do absolutely LOVE the external sound of this exhaust, at least from hearing it on video clips. It sounds like EXACTLY what I've been listening for and much better than the quieter LM2! However, I don't want to gamble that I'll be dealing with drone in the cabin. Too many other bigger fish to fry in my life right now with a business, family and two other part time jobs.

Hopefully I can hit up a cars and coffee in the near future with my dad and son and listen to both this and the LM2 in person. I've tried posting in my region's forum here last year and didn't get much of a response. Otherwise I'd say I could just meet up with a member here to listen.

Thanks again for the replies/pics though!! :)

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I really don't think you will have an issue with a stick and the rpms you drive at...maybe over thinking it.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I am super happy with the LM2. Quited down slightly from the RTR, and cleaned up the sound quite a bit.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For anyone interested, LMR lowered the price by $20 down to $279.99. Still $2 cheaper than with the LMR6 code which now can't be used on this due to it being on sale. But I guess we're not going to see the <$267 again.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Since installing these axle backs, it seems that they drone heavily between 1750 and 2100 rpms. I'll be removing these soon and will likely go with Corsa.

It's really too bad because they are a quality product for little money. But the drone, for me, is unbearable.

FYI, I have a 2017 GTPP with the 6 speed manual transmission (3.73 gears) with no other exhaust mods.
Sponsored