Sponsored

what super charger????

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Oh, well that sucks. But hey, Memorial Day sales are coming. I'm quite sure a friendly vendor would be willing to help ya with a new supercharger. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Whipple will pull harder in the midrange, but is more susceptible to heat soak issues.

Procharger will pull harder with high RPMs, with less of a hit in the midrange, but will have low IATs.

Wastegate the Procharger for the best of both worlds. That is what I went with when I was in the same situation as you.
Here’s some data from our 2018 with the new Whipple 3.0l. Cool as ice! ❄

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Whipple will pull harder in the midrange, but is more susceptible to heat soak issues.

Procharger will pull harder with high RPMs, with less of a hit in the midrange, but will have low IATs.

Wastegate the Procharger for the best of both worlds. That is what I went with when I was in the same situation as you.
That's not true at all. even at WOT pulls to 140mph my car never gets IATS 30-40 over ambient. and when I am cruising its always 20-25 degrees over ambient.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Whipples heat soaking and not pulling as hard up top is something I've seen a lot of centri guys say, but it's simply not true. Every Whipple car I've seen has HP building all the way until rev limit. There is zero falling off of the power. Maybe it's because there isn't a sensation of hard pulling until you're over 5,000rpm with a centri and that's what they're referring to?

I've never felt my Whipple car lose power because of heat soak either and it actually made the most power on the dyno on its third and hottest pull. Something I thought was strange, because I also believed that a TS blower would start to heat up badly on consecutive pulls.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I love whipples, badass blowers that keep getting better. There is a reason they came out with better intercooler pump, larger heat exchanger, fans and ice tanks, though.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I say it in all these threads. If you are a stick car do yourself a favor and get a Whipple. If you are auto the other options come into play. I have had every power adder out there. Stick and PD blower is the great fit.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've never had personal experience with one so I'm not im an expert by any means. A friend of mine has owned multiple PD blown mustangs though and always said they felt great for the first pull or two and were heat soaked after that.

Whipple is still a great kit though. I've seen a few Gen 3 stock kits making more than my Procharged car with several other mods on top of the kit itself. All things are never apples to apples but still pretty impressive.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had personal experience with one so I'm not im an expert by any means. A friend of mine has owned multiple PD blown mustangs though and always said they felt great for the first pull or two and were heat soaked after that.

Whipple is still a great kit though. I've seen a few Gen 3 stock kits making more than my Procharged car with several other mods on top of the kit itself. All things are never apples to apples but still pretty impressive.
The old Terminators and Shelbys were a bird of a different feather. My Whipple car stays amazingly cool even after a few WOT passes.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
The old Terminators and Shelbys were a bird of a different feather. My Whipple car stays amazingly cool even after a few WOT passes.
Good to know, thanks. Not trying to start a race war here :lol::lol:

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Either you will love but ny vote goes for p1x d1x procharger stage 2. Easy install and 100% reversible

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know, thanks. Not trying to start a race war here :lol::lol:
These threads always lean in that direction don't they? :D

The truth is few people have owned all these different kits and can provide comprehensive feedback. In lieu of that, the mindset of most is I picked xyz blower because I thought it was best, it hasn't proven otherwise so it must be best.

I certainly don't want to hear that there is something better out there than my new Whipple, even if it's the newer Whipple. I am now a Whipple Fanboy! :love:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
That's not true at all. even at WOT pulls to 140mph my car never gets IATS 30-40 over ambient. and when I am cruising its always 20-25 degrees over ambient.
Yeah its even more evident with the new generation Whipple's. They are definitely showing to be competent blowers on the top end, with better cooling and less heat soak than they where known for having. Centrifugal might still have lower IATS, but the gap is narrowing.
Sponsored