Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rogeliocordovez.com
First Name
Rogelio
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The flat top is great! I am short and at 5'5", so the round top wheel before was almost always in your face with the red center line. Now its slightly leveled with the dash and the view is better. The feel is about the same until you have a need to grab the top part of the wheel. The "grip" or "grab" factor for the flat top feels better than the round one and gives off a race vibe lol.

The shift boot and ebrake boot are from Redline Goods (I forgot the sponsor's name :doh: on here lol) and they are not Napa leather. I have Napa leather before and it didn't match up with the Katskinz leather because those were Tuscany leather and shiny. So I ended up ordering their basic leather so that it matched up better.

Thanks! :headbang:

Pedals are from SRP Racing. I actually have a set up for sell right now, but its the extra wide gas pedal. The one on mines are the medium size gas pedal.

How is the install like, do you have to take out the OEM pedals or do they install on top of the factory pedals? Can you send me a pic of the extra wide pedal? PM and let me know how much you want for them.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How is the install like, do you have to take out the OEM pedals or do they install on top of the factory pedals? Can you send me a pic of the extra wide pedal? PM and let me know how much you want for them.

Thanks!
Install is "alright". There are some posts in the forum from other members regarding install too but you have to search for them. What I did though was remove the pedal covers. Mines are all rubber so I just pull them off. I think the semi metal ones are fairly easy to remover off the pedals also. You will see the medal on the pedal after removing the pads. Then you will need to drill or use the tap screws provided to mark your holes and install them the hardest one for me was the brake pedal becuase SRP does not make the brake pedal curved enough. Mines being held by one screw and off angle, but still holding on strong today. No issues yet. I don't have enough pics of the install and am not in near my Mustang until Thursday (I'm out of town). I'll take some pics and send them to you for the install so you can see what I did, but it will be a few days or by the end of the week.

The pedals I have for sale is in the post: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83891&highlight=srp

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Install is "alright". There are some posts in the forum from other members regarding install too but you have to search for them. What I did though was remove the pedal covers. Mines are all rubber so I just pull them off. I think the semi metal ones are fairly easy to remover off the pedals also. You will see the medal on the pedal after removing the pads. Then you will need to drill or use the tap screws provided to mark your holes and install them the hardest one for me was the brake pedal becuase SRP does not make the brake pedal curved enough. Mines being held by one screw and off angle, but still holding on strong today. No issues yet. I don't have enough pics of the install and am not in near my Mustang until Thursday (I'm out of town). I'll take some pics and send them to you for the install so you can see what I did, but it will be a few days or by the end of the week.

The pedals I have for sale is in the post: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83891&highlight=srp
Mootang I'm guessing that's the Trufiber dash? It looks like the weave on the wheel is different from the weave on the dash. Is that correct? Thanks.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mootang I'm guessing that's the Trufiber dash? It looks like the weave on the wheel is different from the weave on the dash. Is that correct? Thanks.
Nope, that's a China brand one. The Trufiber one was ugly and bad quality. I had to return the Trufiber one and got my current one from S550 Carbon (Carbon Plug/Cartel). The weave is different and doesn't match well, but real carbon is real carbon to me lol. I will probably change the dash again later to something else since I seem to change looks often.

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

Sponsored

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Robbys3m3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
love this wheel so far..coming from bmw's I like the thickness and the red stripe matches my interior theme. I also feel like the texture of the alcantara will hold up well over time.
20180531_092623_resized_1.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This is an old thread. I've tried to contact Beith Perfomance via their web site but have not heard back. Has anyone ordered a steering wheel for the 18+ cars?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thank you, I will do that.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Yeah, Tim is working a little behind due to this damn Chinese Virus. Ordered my wheel on March 5th. E-mailed him and said it should ship in the next 2 weeks. Got all leather with perforated sides gray stitching and gray stripe and CF inserts. Didin't want CF top and bottom because of heat and grip. CF wheel gets hot in the summer.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That's going to be a nice steering wheel. I plan to order with CF top and bottom, perforated leather with gray stitching and gray stripe, and the CF inserts. I know I want a flat bottom and thinking I may go with the flat top also.

Yeah, Tim is working a little behind due to this damn Chinese Virus. Ordered my wheel on March 5th. E-mailed him and said it should ship in the next 2 weeks. Got all leather with perforated sides gray stitching and gray stripe and CF inserts. Didin't want CF top and bottom because of heat and grip. CF wheel gets hot in the summer.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the above replies. I got my order in for 2018+ Ford Mustang Custom Carbon Steering Wheel
Flat Top and Flat Bottom, Premium Black Leather Side Grips, Grey Stitching, Grey Top Stripe, 3 Piece Bezel Trim Set in Carbon.

I will be looking forward to receiving it. Hopefully, the install isn't too bad.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Has anybody seen one, or does anybody have any photos of a wheel with all perforated Leather, with a gray stripe at the top?

Thinking of going with this - all perforated leather, grey stitching and grey stripe at top for my 350. A red stripe would match with the shifter and start button, but not really with the silver grey on the 350 vs the red on the 350R.
Sponsored