Sponsored

Last edited:

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
not a PMAS issue exclusively (it’s happened to me on both stock and airraid setups too, dating back to one of my first competitions with the car in 2015), but more so a coyote one. that said i also have a PMAS now, and this issue rears its ugly head like clockwork on any high-g, WOT right handers, increasing in frequency and severity as RPMs climb and oil temps increase. regular catch cans (i.e., separators) are inadequate for severe/sustained effort; i solved it thusly, working closely with [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] and crew, who also experienced the same problems:

40938121784_67d272ce2c_b.jpg

more info on the experience earlier this season that forced my hand to solve things for good here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2222283&postcount=29

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Here is a good discussion on the PMAS. I love my PMAS for WOT performance but hate it for everything else. It has also come apart while driving. Here in the southeastern heat and humidity, my IAT’s are never below 110 degrees.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103030

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I’m tagging PMAS in every thread related to intake issues. Hopefully they finally respond

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes you need a catch can(s), and the PMAS is just about the worst intake for air temps on the market. It's basically an open cone intake.

Without changing out the intake itself, the only way to decrease these temps is to vent the hood (especially above the filter itself) and maybe run a duct from the fog light hole up to the filter (similar to how you would duct for brake cooling).

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had this issue like crazy, and I even tired the Watson can but still had oil blow by problems. I went with UPR catch cans on both sides and put a straight through PCV valve on the passenger side and I no longer have any issues!

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I do both. For street driving i keep them in loop, and for track use I vent them. I used their stage 3 cans, just ordered two and attached one to each side. Works great!!! Once important thing I did learn that if you vent to atmosphere you need a open PCV valve on the passenger side. You can just order a driver side and put it on the passenger side.
IMG_6112.jpeg
IMG_6120.jpeg
Sponsored