Sponsored

Going catless. Need advice!

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hey everyone, I asked this question in another thread and I have tried searching for the answer but no luck. Anyways here it goes:

Is it possible to install long tube headers with catalytic deletes and retain the stock ford tune without getting a code? (2016 GT). I have access to Forscan so maybe I can turn it off there if someone knows and I've also heard of people using spacers packed with some steel wool to trick the sensor.

Can anyone assist me? I would like to not flash the car for warranty purposes but dont want to run super rich or hurt something else .
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Short answer. No.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
if youre at the point of running catless long tubes the tune isnt going to hurt the chance of warranty item any more. I would go ahead and get the tune. warranty isnt void but a claim could be denied depending on the issue and how friendly your dealer is

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hey everyone, I asked this question in another thread and I have tried searching for the answer but no luck. Anyways here it goes:

Is it possible to install long tube headers with catalytic deletes and retain the stock ford tune without getting a code? (2016 GT). I have access to Forscan so maybe I can turn it off there if someone knows and I've also heard of people using spacers packed with some steel wool to trick the sensor.

Can anyone assist me? I would like to not flash the car for warranty purposes but dont want to run super rich or hurt something else .
If you delete the cats you'll throw a code. We have customers use the defoulers with good success.

Your best bet to fully benefit from the setup however would be to run a custom Lund Racing tune along with the headers. It will make a good difference over the stock cal and won't require the use of the defoulers.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=VIB-116

Lund Racing Ngauges go on sale Monday ONLY so if you decide to get a tune that would be the day to do it and save yourself $50 on the combo (ngauge + custom tune)

https://www.lethalperformance.com/e-motion-ngauge-tuning-and-monitoring-gauge.html
11426372_679451128851552_26046370654555699_n.png

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks!
Sponsored