Question about NOT replacing oil pump gears

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
no one is arguing against the safety aspect and we all know its not just "$400". I think the main issue is no one can say what causes it for sure. is it the limiter? is it the boost pressure? I wouldnt relate it to bare backing a hooker, id say more barebacking your GF hoping she dont cheat on you..
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
so car ran fine with busted OPG?
I don’t have that answer but I’d say no.
He sent me photos of it when he was tearing down for cams. Car made over 500whp when it went back together. Didn’t last long though.

Like I said argue all day and try to make yourself feel better about not doing it.
If a person is stretched for money on boost then they are doing a disservice to themselves because shit happens.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I don’t have that answer but I’d say no.
He sent me photos of it when he was tearing down for cams. Car made over 500whp when it went back together. Didn’t last long though.

Like I said argue all day and try to make yourself feel better about not doing it.
If a person is stretched for money on boost then they are doing a disservice to themselves because shit happens.
i feel fine, all i hear is "I know a guy with a weird story about the car blowing after the OPGs were replaced" but like i said if you want big boy power sure. but people have broken them bolt on.. so now anyone with bolt ons needs to stop and get them now.. or go get them before you do any bolt ons. mod 1 OPGs.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
no one is arguing against the safety aspect and we all know its not just "$400". I think the main issue is no one can say what causes it for sure. is it the limiter? is it the boost pressure? I wouldnt relate it to bare backing a hooker, id say more barebacking your GF hoping she dont cheat on you..
The cool thing is ford engineers are on record saying it’s from torsional vibs causing them to crack. THats why a better damper helps as well as the stock one isn’t designed for over a certain rpm.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The cool thing is ford engineers are on record saying it’s from torsional vibs causing them to crack. THats why a better damper helps as well as the stock one isn’t designed for over a certain rpm.
ok so then do you only need an upgraded damper? doesnt that mean if you stay at 7k rpm you have no issues?

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
i feel fine, all i hear is "I know a guy with a weird story about the car blowing after the OPGs were replaced" but like i said if you want big boy power sure. but people have broken them bolt on.. so now anyone with bolt ons needs to stop and get them now.. or go get them before you do any bolt ons. mod 1 OPGs.
It’s all posted on fb coyote groups. I’m not going to post his pics here.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Its also posted that using after market dampners with the stock.gears could cause them to break,and then their is the theory about guys that replace with aftermarket dampners but dont remove or put the new one on correct which break the gears.I have of one car,boosted that broke his crank sprocket even after leaving everything factory,all the rest of the ones i seen broken where with some aftermarket dampner.Either do it all the way or dont touch it.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Its also posted that using after market dampners with the stock.gears could cause them to break,and then their is the theory about guys that replace with aftermarket dampners but dont remove or put the new one on correct which break the gears.I have of one car,boosted that broke his crank sprocket even after leaving everything factory,all the rest of the ones i seen broken where with some aftermarket dampner.Either do it all the way or dont touch it.
i know its kind of cliche at this point but when i see someone like Alex in a gen1 coyote (the least balanced) pushing 700+whp running 9s revving to 7500+ and making it scream all with stock gears?? it kind of makes you scratch your head.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
We have the same gears as what is in the, vibration happy, Voodoo has at it's core. I would not be concerned unless you have/do the following.

• Run a two-step
  • Bounce the limiter alot
  • Have a belt driven supercharger
  • Have really...really bad luck and/or FU money

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I have a Whipple charged 800 plus car coming in a few weeks with drivetrain warranty. I won't be messing with the opg until the warranty is nearly up. I don't plan to redline it often and not dragging it much. Have no concerns. I may even change the redline below 7000. I've never needed to rev above 6500 in my entire life. Don't see that changing with 800hp under the hood. I'll never go past 7200 rpm or 150mph ever in this car.

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I have a Whipple charged 800 plus car coming in a few weeks with drivetrain warranty. I won't be messing with the opg until the warranty is nearly up. I don't plan to redline it often and not dragging it much. Have no concerns. I may even change the redline below 7000. I've never needed to rev above 6500 in my entire life. Don't see that changing with 800hp under the hood. I'll never go past 7200 rpm or 150mph ever in this car.

Lol. First drive with 800hp testing to see what mph it still spins the tires at.... I'll give you a dollar if you keep it under 6500. :cheers:

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
They are still in business??
The post you quoted is from 2016 lol.

I hope he isn't still in business. He's a fuckin crook that owes me money.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Like was mentioned above, I too don't bounce off the limiter, ever, I don't do the 1/4 strip thing, my oil level is always good and it's warmed up before I get on it, and every stop sign to me doesn't mean Squeal Tires On Purpose. I didn't replace any of that stuff knowing how I drive. If was heavy into all that, yeah, probably would've done it.
Sponsored