Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Most Vette owners are old, car show only. It's a little flashy for me and I can't stand this new Batman designed new body style. Go with a GT350....not far off in price range.
Sponsored

MoostangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
As everyone has pretty much said...Corvette is a great car IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH IT.

For me, that is a no.

If I had the funds to have one as a weekend/fun/track car then sure...but not in place of the more daily driver friendly Mustang.

Agreed if you can afford a few cars sure otherwise too tempermental

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've never had a burning desire to own any Corvette until the C7 came out. I drool every time I see one, especially the more exotic versions.

I'd love to order up a Grand Sport coupe. :thumbsup:
I also love the C7 styling and the GS option, but I won't seriously consider a Corvette right now. I just think the engine GM put in them is too boring. Otherwise I think the car is nearly perfect, but that engine just turns me off.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Corvettes are not fat guy friendly. Father had a c6 z06 and it was like squeezing into a sardeen can. While I get they are faster I'd rather have a loaded gt. Comfort has to play a bigger factor than performance. You skinny guys have all the luck, doesn't matter what car you drive, you fit. I will say the c6 is nowhere near as bad as a Viper, which sucks cause I love those. I'm both too tall and fat for those lol

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Sold the 17 GS and Waiting for the C8 down the road. I must say the 18 GT PP 1 for $21K less is doing just fine in the bang for the buck category. Don’t miss the GS at all. Watching the spy C8 mules on the road is building my expectations. Can’t wait to see one buck naked.
Audi just sent me an invitation to drive the R8 V10 with only two people per session. It’s right down the road from me. Same track I drove the 350 at but that was like 45 people attending. Should be fun driving a 610 hp NA engine at speed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sold the 17 GS and Waiting for the C8 down the road. I must say the 18 GT PP 1 for $21K less is doing just fine in the bang for the buck category. Don’t miss the GS at all. Watching the spy C8 mules on the road is building my expectations. Can’t wait to see one buck naked.
Audi just sent me an invitation to drive the R8 V10 with only two people per session. It’s right down the road from me. Same track I drove the 350 at but that was like 45 people attending. Should be fun driving a 610 hp NA engine at speed.

[MENTION=14241]5.0 435[/MENTION] why don't you miss the GS? I realize you tend to swap cars a lot, so it's not unusual at all for you to own something for a short time. Was the GS fun at the track?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
[MENTION=14241]5.0 435[/MENTION] why don't you miss the GS? I realize you tend to swap cars a lot, so it's not unusual at all for you to own something for a short time. Was the GS fun at the track?
With the C8 coming soon I figured the 17 GS would take a pretty good depreciation hit. I paid $57 with over $13K discounts. Traded her for $56K. This might get a few shouts but I actually like the looks of the mustang better. Never could warm up to that long front and curves and all. Kind of Batmobile look ....even my 37 year old son said that.
I don’t track my cars anymore but yes the GS would be much better at the track.... no question about it. Maybe the PP2 option would help some in closing that gap. The 6.2 GS engine would rev to a lazy 6200 VS 7500 on the 18 GT so getting on the on ramps is a little more fun in the GT.:cheers:
I’m just waiting it out until the C8 gets here.

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
With a full optioned GT vert actually 1500CAD more expensive than a base Corvette, if you add an auto to the Vette I’m thinking the price is a wash. So would you rather have the most expensive Mustang GT or a base Corvette? I vote Corvette as the Mustang is too expensive for what it is like 3000 more than last year. As an aside they dropped the EcoBoost by a grand but gave you the el’ cheapo 17” wheels in return so you don’t save anything in the end. What say you?
"Too expensive for what it is? What does that even mean? Ford has made it a better car, added performance, better brakes, magneride, a 10 speed auto etc etc. Do you expect Ford not to charge more money? Do you expect Ford to leave the Mustang untouched by improvements so it can stay a "cheaper" car?

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
There is never a reason to buy from Garbage Motors

Sponsored

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This video sold me over the corvette.

I love the way the engine sounds on the 5.2L platform.

Digitalwiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 2 / 2012 Audi R8
If you drive the R8, it will spoil you for everything else.

Deleted member 35644

I was very impressed with the looks of the C7, so I was excited to finally get a chance to sit in one during one of my rare visits to a Chevy dealership. That was an experience in claustrophobia. It felt no different than being in a BRZ, or a Miata with the top up. There is no way I could live with that for more than 20-30 minutes. I'll sacrifice all-out performance for some breathing room.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I was very impressed with the looks of the C7, so I was excited to finally get a chance to sit in one during one of my rare visits to a Chevy dealership. That was an experience in claustrophobia. It felt no different than being in a BRZ, or a Miata with the top up. There is no way I could live with that for more than 20-30 minutes. I'll sacrifice all-out performance for some breathing room.
Clear top is an option.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've never really lusted after a Corvette, but the C7 changed that. I'll take a GS please, built to my specs.
Sponsored